Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Archwing Gear

Dylshero

Question

Hi

I am wondering what is the best archwing gear to get I currently have itzal, centaur plus the starting weapons and odanta. I am wondering mainly what arch gun is the best as the centaur seems like a fine melee. I don't play archwing to much so I just need a primary for when I need archwing (quests,raids and farming for atlas etc.) 

Thanks

Edited by Dylshero

7 answers to this question

AW stuff are pretty balanced becouse there aren't many of them so pick whatever you like. There's only the imperator vandal being straight upgrade to imperator, but other than that- it's different weapons doing different stuff.

1-imperator vandal / fluctus

2-imperator

3- grattler / phaedra 

these weapons are the best arch-guns currently, the grattler though, does have low range and small magazine, so I personally don't use it much, although it looks pretty good, the phaedra I don't use since the imperator (normal) is slightly better in my opinion. but the basic idea is to go for auto rifles, since semi-auto-although very strong and powerful-aren't suited for free space combat, especially against grineer 

as for arch melee....well, just pick up the one you like the most and stick to that, there are variety when it comes to looks so pick your liking and smash with it, there's sword, axes, shield/sword, hammers (hell yeah), fists, scythes....etc 

and one more note. don't fall for those 'itzal best AW' guys, because it isn't, there's no 'best archwing' just like there's 'no 'best warframe'

the starter odonata is all-around good archwing, just like excalibur is a good starter, don't rush leaving it to itzal, it's very squishy especially if you haven't good health/shield mods yet and most people don't know how to use it properly. so just try and learn the new gameplay with odonata first

Edited by Kenshin98

Short answer itzal, centaur, imperator vandal.

Long answer, depends on mission, gratler and fluctus are high damage short range weapon for bosses and underwater exterminations. maybe even interception /defense if you're invisible. For defenses/interceptions elytron rules. Odonata is supposedly good in jordas raid. 

Elytron > most tanky AW, biggest damage spell. Perfect for... everything

Velocitus > higher damage burst, otherwise you can take gratler / imperator vandal (if you have it) or fluctus for line-AOE damage

Centaur   > best melee, can crit, OS pretty much everything

AW : Odonata P for all-round / Itzal for fast movement & attack / Elytron for pure defense

Arch-gun : Velocitus for high-dmg one-shot kill / Imperator Vandal for spray-and-pray / Fluctus for close-combat rapid-fire

Arch-melee : Centaur is pretty much the best out of all