Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doubts Regarding Account Migration

MetalFlame05179

Question

Hey I just wanted to cover a couple of questions I have regarding account migrations. First allow me to start off by lay out my current situation and followed by my questions.

I began playing Warframe on the Xb1 whereas it being Microsoft requires a Microsoft only email account (aka. my Hotmail).

I then soon after had to move overseas where I left my xb1 behind leaving me to install the game on my laptop and begin playing on the pc.

I naively believed that in creating an account following under my Hotmail account I would continue my progress where I left off from the Xbox.

(NoteThis was my 1st very important lesson learned on how things worked in the gaming world. LoL

As that didn't work out at all as planned, I began from scratch playing on the pc whereas now both my xb1 and pc accounts are under the same Hotmail (not sure if under same password though).

My questions/doubts are:

1) In the possible future where there may be another account migration for Warframe, Will I be able to migrate my Xb1 account over to the pc?...

2) (Following Q.1) If so, may I be able to access both? or will one override the other and cause me to lose one of my accounts?

3) Is there anyway for me to alter one of my accounts (preferably the pc's) Log-in email to perhaps a gmail account but remain with the same progress without starting a new?

4) Will this cause any kind of trouble for me in leading to possibly being banned over this mistake?

5) Does Migrating an account from either console->pc or vice<-versa cause the account to be wiped clean from its origins? or does it make a copy on the other platform while still available at the original, where you may continue on either platform following that migrated progress?

If there is to be a migration to come, it will be my first so I just want to know as much as I can so when the time comes I am as knowledgeable of the matter as can be. I do appreciate any feedback on the matter and thank you for your patience and also for reading and/or trying to address to my concerns. Happy Gaming Tenno!

10 answers to this question

1. Yes, they are trying to get another account migration date set up but no, you will never be able to transfer from consoles to PC only from PC to consoles not DE's fault Sony + Microsoft's fault

2. When it happens you get both the PC account is just copied to your XB1/PS4 so you can use both independantly however after the migration they are seperate (Not certain how stuff like platinum transfers but I'd imagine it does)

3. Yes, however you need to contact support and make a ticket for that shoulden't take too long

4.Probably not since console logins use you Sony/Microsoft account rather than Email

5. Answered in 2

This is the original thread for PS4 Transfers (it's probably generally the same rules as XB1) so look over that and it should give you all the info you're looking for unless it changes in the future migration I'm sure they'll keep us informed

@-Amaterasu- I just want to make sure I understood once more... In migrating my Pc account over to Xb1 I understand that ill have 2 copies of my current pc progress on both platforms... But my confusion now is:

What happens to my previous already existent Xb1 account that is registered under the same Hotmail login?

Will I be able to manually separate logging in to one or the other? or will it just override any existent along with any plat etc.?

You stated that I if I place a ticket I might possibly be able to "rename" my pc's login email. On the xbox being Microsoft account only will that work with my gmail? cause I slightly remember the login being straight from the account and not the email  type in like on pc.

Im so very sorry for all this rambling. just trying to be as thorough as possible. thank you again. 

Edited by MetalFlame05179
Addressing person properly

18 hours ago, MetalFlame05179 said:

@-Amaterasu- I just want to make sure I understood once more... In migrating my Pc account over to Xb1 I understand that ill have 2 copies of my current pc progress on both platforms... But my confusion now is:

What happens to my previous already existent Xb1 account that is registered under the same Hotmail login?

Will I be able to manually separate logging in to one or the other? or will it just override any existent along with any plat etc.?

You stated that I if I place a ticket I might possibly be able to "rename" my pc's login email. On the xbox being Microsoft account only will that work with my gmail? cause I slightly remember the login being straight from the account and not the email  type in like on pc.

Im so very sorry for all this rambling. just trying to be as thorough as possible. thank you again. 

1. I don't know I've never actually seen this come up since the account migration requires they make the account and link it to whatever name you give them I'd imagine they'd overight it but I'm not quite sure about that it's probably something to ask the Devs once they can get a solid date set for the next migration when they make their thread

2.Again something I don't know about I very rarely use my console account and when i do I login automatically I've never actually tried to logout but if it does use your Sony/Microsoft account to do it (which i'm like 90% certain it does) it would more likeley than not overwright your current account or at the very least create some sort of modified name for the new/old account like adding _1 to it beyond that I'm not sure how login would work as this seems pretty situational and again is probably better asked to a dev.

3.You can change both emails through support however my understanding is that when you make an email for use on consoles its only real purpose is so support has a way of contacting you it won't change how you login on consoles

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Typos

Something that also just hit me... what about clan affiliations?

I understand there is no cross play amongst any of the platforms so what happens then?

Ex: I am in a clan on both Pc and Xb1 both being a different clan entirely. (including regions being Brazil and USA respectively)

My theories on the matter s far as I can imagine could be 3 of the following:

Theory 1) Migrating my Pc account over to Xbox would remain with my clan name from the pc but just have me as a member alone. Also leave the clan remaining in its current statues with all researches completed etc.

Theory 2) By migrating my pc account over to Xbox I would be sending my current progress along with all my in game content but it would then affiliate me to what my previous Xbox account was affiliated in. hence merging the two profiles.

Theory 3) Probably the most likely of happenings is it will simply migrate my pc stuff and leave me as unaffiliated to any clan or such groups?

there is just so much I'm curious to know about what these migration will / will not. lol guess ill just have to wait and see if there's another. but for anyone who's experienced the previous migration period plz feel free to inform.

Never mind I found this thread talking about all the main rules of the previous migration that occurred and it pretty much answers everything I was wandering about. Its mostly of the migration between pc to PS4 but I figure their the same rules just substitute PS4=XB1. Thank for everyone who helped me understand and had the patience in explaining for me!

Account Migration Faq's [Closed] 

OFFTOPIC: CAN'T WAIT FOR CHROMA DELUXE SKIN!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

1X0wW6s.png

^^Hopes and dreams people!!!! This beauty is all thanks to an artist named "Endrian" and I deeply desire it meets in-game!

Edited by MetalFlame05179