Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Warframe to go with Nyx?

TheCyanNerd

Question

Let me tell you a story.

The first time I checked the codex in my ship, I started looking though the Warframes section, checking all of them out. One really popped. its name was Nyx. When I saw the whole "psychic Warframe" and "mind control" I made a promise to myself to get this Warframe someday. She just looked so awesome!

Months later, I'd been busy. I'd farmed Phorid 4 times, and had a few neural sensors. Time to make a new Warframe.

Nyx has been in my foundry for 2 days, still being built. I however understand that Nyx is mostly a support Warframe, and I do a lot of soloing.

I'm going to try her out, see if I like her play style, but I have 1 Nyx and 2 Warframe slots (one filled by my Excalibur)

Any suggestions for a Warframe to pair with Nyx? I was thinking Rhino because of the whole "tank" principle, but it is worth selling my Excal?

If you read this far, you must have a lot of time, because the title pretty much said it all.

Edited by TheCyanNerd

9 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, TheCyanNerd said:

If you read this far, you must have a lot of time, because the title pretty much said it all.

Hey... you're the one that wrote it.

Just pick a frame, try it out.  if you like it, keep it.  if not, then get rid of it.  You can always build another.  Just don't use a reactor until you are certain you want to keep the frame.  You can ask people for their opinions all you want, but it still comes down to what you want, so I can't answer your question.

34 minutes ago, TheCyanNerd said:

Let me tell you a story.

The first time I checked the codex in my ship, I started looking though the Warframes section, checking all of them out. One really popped. its name was Nyx. When I saw the whole "psychic Warframe" and "mind control" I made a promise to myself to get this Warframe someday. She just looked so awesome!

Months later, I'd been busy. I'd farmed Phorid 4 times, and had a few neural sensors. Time to make a new Warframe.

Nyx has been in my foundry for 2 days, still being built. I however understand that Nyx is mostly a support Warframe, and I do a lot of soloing.

I'm going to try her out, see if I like her play style, but I have 1 Nyx and 2 Warframe slots (one filled by my Excalibur)

Any suggestions for a Warframe to pair with Nyx? I was thinking Rhino because of the whole "tank" principle, but it is worth selling my Excal?

Hey there! I've also got NYX,your right...she ROCKS! But...she is an all around frame,centered around psychic playground,if you're looking for a real kickass frame,I just built Valkyr and Oberon,Valkyr is all rage man! She's fast,violent,shockingly adeptly awesome at kicking &#!!! Oberone's an all around frame,he's a support frame,while really kicking &#! equally as well,you can't loose! These two and Saryn,that's just my opinion,best of luck friend! ?

Buy more inventory slots.

Farm items you can sell for Plat and use that Plat to buy inventory slots.

EDIT: Nyx is one of my favourite Warframes (NYX PRIME WOOO!) she works especially well in combination with Trinity and Nova. Making all the enemies fight each other while under the effect of Molecular Prime is amazing. Plus with her Syndicate mod that makes her Mind Control target do 500% more damage taking control of a powerful enemy like an Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunner is pretty fun.

Edited by Klavinmour

Nyx is very very good.  Chaos can be spammed, keeping the enemies shooting at each other.  Mind control gives you a pet of choice, and when the chips are down, activating Absorb makes you invulnerable, until you either run out of energy, or deactivate.  In either case, you proceed to explode for eleventy-billion damage.

Nyx players are ALWAYS welcome in my squad.

11 hours ago, (PS4)chase0536 said:

Hey there! I've also got NYX,your right...she ROCKS! But...she is an all around frame,centered around psychic playground,if you're looking for a real kickass frame,I just built Valkyr and Oberon,Valkyr is all rage man! She's fast,violent,shockingly adeptly awesome at kicking &#!!! Oberone's an all around frame,he's a support frame,while really kicking &#! equally as well,you can't loose! These two and Saryn,that's just my opinion,best of luck friend! ?

What I got from that is; Oberon and Valkyr are good frames? I'm actually farming Alad V right now, just to see if I can get some Valkyr component blueprints.

my nyx was my 2nd warframe and I didn't like her much at first, mostly because, well a barely ranked nyx after a lvl 30 excal is a learning curve. Then I ran into bursas...I didn't even have chaos when I found my first bursa...mind controlled it and watched it stop the daylights out of a whole pile of corpus. Then I realized the power of the nyx...The only reason I didn't potato her is because by the time she was 30, I was just the blueprint away from her prime version. Got that this morning in a Tower II capture...so guess whats in my foundry ;)

Oberon is a..jack of all trades, master of none, but still somehow fun and entertaining to play. I especially like to play him solo just because he has the ability to heal, remove procs and limited cc that will pull you out of a bad spot with a well timed cast and quick parkour.

Valkyr I just started playing with and she is a monster. If you like tearing around ripping things up like wolverine. She has some downsides in absolutely no range, if you don't have atleast reach and preferably primed reach nulifiers are a PITA as well as corrupted ancients. She pretty much depends on having energy all the time, especially if you use her eternal build.

12 hours ago, Klavinmour said:

Buy more inventory slots.

Farm items you can sell for Plat and use that Plat to buy inventory slots.

EDIT: Nyx is one of my favourite Warframes (NYX PRIME WOOO!) she works especially well in combination with Trinity and Nova. Making all the enemies fight each other while under the effect of Molecular Prime is amazing. Plus with her Syndicate mod that makes her Mind Control target do 500% more damage taking control of a powerful enemy like an Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunner is pretty fun.

Unfortunately I spent my starting plat on weapon slots and didn't think ahead to the Warframe slots. I might buy some, but until then ill just have to sell my Prime parts.