Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulkan

Fugana

Vulkan support for warframe in the future? :) i know devs want the game to runn amazing on every machine so its the perfect option to develop warframe on vulkan also :) 
i know its not ease job but it will be really rewarding at the end. [also sry formy bad language] 

• 1 month later...
On 4.4.2016 at 11:19 AM, Unibot said:

Vulcan is a myth, think of it as that.

Myth? Nonsense. Vulkan is an API like DirectX, with the difference being is that Vulkan is cross platform, which also means console. It's basically the successor to OpenGL. This should be exciting news for everyone, since Apple and Linux and whatnot users will benefit from it and it is not an "inferior product" in terms of performance either. Vulkan is based on the Mantle API from AMD which already was used with widespread recognition. It's not even a "going to be" thing. It's here. Think about it, a product where Nvidia and AMD support each other? How crazy does that sound, right? But it's true.

On 3.4.2016 at 2:16 PM, Fugana said:

Vulkan support for warframe in the future? :)

I seriously hope so. And if you wonder why the late response and the grave digging, I just did a search for "Warframe Vulkan Support" and got this topic as first result ;) All things considered, NOT looking into supporting Vulkan/Mantle is a shot in the knee. Just think of the playerbase you could salvage without needing to compromise on graphical fidelity.

The devs wnat the game to run smooth and look fantastic on wide range of machines so i think in future they will start working on it and if its open source where you can inmplement both nvidia and amd gming techs so i think they are interested on that. But who know who knows Tenno.