Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Penalty For Quitting.

DaEnMgOeNl

So I was in a boss run, by myself, trying to get through. Then this uber high level comes into my mission, may as well have teleported to the boss, kills him, then aborts the mission.

I end up behind because I am in a low level frame and stuck fighting mobs that they aggroed. In the end I never made it to where the boss was killed, never got the boss drops, used my revives and failed the mission.

Not to mention when I made a remark about it being a d**k move in chat some guy messages back that it was all my fault, I should have just ran through and ignored mobs and quit after the boss kill... Really!?

So my suggestion:

I think it would be nice if there was a debuff timer of some sort that if you quit a mission you should not be able to join another for like 5-10 minutes. Yeah I know the trolls will have some kinda something to say but hell, this was BS.

So I was in a boss run, by myself, trying to get through. Then this uber high level comes into my mission, may as well have teleported to the boss, kills him, then aborts the mission.

I end up behind because I am in a low level frame and stuck fighting mobs that they aggroed. In the end I never made it to where the boss was killed, never got the boss drops, used my revives and failed the mission.

Not to mention when I made a remark about it being a d**k move in chat some guy messages back that it was all my fault, I should have just ran through and ignored mobs and quit after the boss kill... Really!?

So my suggestion:

I think it would be nice if there was a debuff timer of some sort that if you quit a mission you should not be able to join another for like 5-10 minutes. Yeah I know the trolls will have some kinda something to say but hell, this was BS.

i would rly like a punishment for such player, when im farming an boss i speedrun to him and kill it, but i dont leave thats just a $&*^move

That will still happen.

I myself get stuck on missions or get A******s in my party and prefer to quit, so Ill be penalyzed?

And also when I was farming Frost I would play solo and quit right after the boss, if he didnt drop anything usefull, yes I was solo, but I owuld be penalyzed also?

I literally just made a topic about this yesterday. Haha. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62899-reasons-why-aborting-mission-should-not-sacrifice-rewards-supporting-pictures/#entry656742

Anyway, like a lot of people pointed out in my topic, a timer is bad in it's own ways too. For example if you get dropped due to a host issue, you have to wait 10 minutes...

This is why I recommend a choice. The ability to choose to sacrifice your items, or keep them at a cost of a certain amount of time.

Isn't there already a penalty for quitting? Like not being able to keep the stuff earned in the mission?

But not being able to join a mission for 5-10 minutes just because you quit is a bit ridiculous. Emergencies happen, bugs happen, sometimes you have no choice but to quit. Perhaps if you quit a mission so many times within a given time period, it could lock you out of that mission for some time, but not a penalty to any mission for quitting it just once.

i would rly like a punishment for such player, when im farming an boss i speedrun to him and kill it, but i dont leave thats just a $&*^move

I have no idea what you just said.

As for the op, there are plenty of perfectly good reasons to quit a mission. How does the game differentiate between a legitimate reason (such as being stuck) and someone being a dbag?

Isn't not getting anything but xp enough of a penalty?

We've all had various bugs where missions become impossible to complete. (Doors that won't open, nonexistent hacking terminals, waypoints in the middle of nowhere.) I'm already mad enough that I have to lose anything I picked up during the mission. 

I don't like the idea of a fixed timer but I think that the quitter should be penalized. Maybe have then unable to join another mission until the one they quit has ended (either by completion or all players exited).

Should also have the option to re-enter an in progress mission if you crashed out.

Edited by Keiiken

people sometimes want the most efficient way of farming.

if you only want the blueprints a boss dros, and he drops nothing, why spend 5 minutes running for the exit and waiting for the wanderers?

i probably halved the time it would take to farm saryn because if nothing dropped or a duplicate dropped, i'd just quit out and save time.

you want everything your way, play solo.

If not, be prepared to deal with other people doing what they want.

people sometimes want the most efficient way of farming.

if you only want the blueprints a boss dros, and he drops nothing, why spend 5 minutes running for the exit and waiting for the wanderers?

i probably halved the time it would take to farm saryn because if nothing dropped or a duplicate dropped, i'd just quit out and save time.

you want everything your way, play solo.

If not, be prepared to deal with other people doing what they want.

The same could be said of the quitters. If you know you are going to do it, farm solo or be prepared for the penalty.

If he quit there was no drop anyway, so what? I'm annoyed by people who take forever to get to the boss and die 3 times on the way but I don't make threads about it. In fact, that's why I play solo anything that isn't defense currently...

I like how people are saying play solo to the one type of player who's playing co-op for the right reasons. Sounds like he needed help (low level frame), the fact that someone triggered a bunch of enemies didn't help. I also like how the solution to any complaint seems to be "play solo/private"; why is this even a multiplayer game in the first place?

I like how people are saying play solo to the one type of player who's playing co-op for the right reasons. Sounds like he needed help (low level frame), the fact that someone triggered a bunch of enemies didn't help. I also like how the solution to any complaint seems to be "play solo/private"; why is this even a multiplayer game in the first place?

This right here. Whenever there is a problem with $&*^bag players, the first solution is play solo.

If he quit there was no drop anyway, so what? I'm annoyed by people who take forever to get to the boss and die 3 times on the way but I don't make threads about it. In fact, that's why I play solo anything that isn't defense currently...

Wrong, the drop that the rusher wanted wasn't there, be it rare material or BP.

Since this almost exclusively happens on bosses, I would recommend that the boss only appears if all players have entered the boss room, like it is already the case with the Jackal.

Wrong, the drop that the rusher wanted wasn't there, be it rare material or BP.

Since this almost exclusively happens on bosses, I would recommend that the boss only appears if all players have entered the boss room, like it is already the case with the Jackal.

That would only tackle half the issue, the rest is he quit when he didnt get the drop he wanted. I sitll think prevent quitter joining another game until the one they left is over.

That would only tackle half the issue, the rest is he quit when he didnt get the drop he wanted. I sitll think prevent quitter joining another game until the one they left is over.

Do you have a solution for those who crash, or those who unexpectedly have to leave for minutes at a time and don't want to make their entire team wait? Or is it just "screw them"?

Adding a punishment system to leaving (especially when leaving doesn't ruin games) is a terrible idea, especially with the door bug glitch which forces you to leave. Look at what happened to the DotA 2 leaver punishment system, all it would do is infuriate people.

I keep getting those door bugs, I don't want to be punished for that. :(

But of course, the ones that join, or worse, HOST a game, run to the boss, kill it and quit should play solo. Because the other players in that game will miss the drops and all the goodies because of the ridiculous despawn timer. It is not nice to ruin the game for other people just because you are a selfish d**kbag who only thinks about himself.

When I join someones boss run, I see how they play and follow THEIR pace. If they want to go slow, I go slow, marking mods and materials and watch over them. If they want to go fast, I'll try to keep up.

you cant implement a penality.

if i remember correctly you wont get a reward anymore if you quit after the bossfight.

but because of the peer to peer system, you just cant implement a penality.

90% of the games i join in are lagging.

the worst i had was a hsot where i had to wait 5s in front of a door to open it.

enemys were stuck in the air after a kill, a few seconds later they ragdolled.

damage to my frame was not calcuated per hit, it was calculated after a few seconds. died 3 times.

my damage was not show, damage was first applied after a few seconds. wasted a lot of ammo because of this, used 2 ammo-packs.

i quit. it was unplayable. do i deserve a penality for this? no. but who decides if you get a penality or not?

if this game would be designed like competetive games, LoL for example, where one missing teammember can mean "loose". sure, penality, why not.

but here? no. you can still finish a game solo, if you cant...your problem. if someone helps you and then quits...also your problem.

if he does not want to use all his revives because you are a bad-host...your problem.

if you want to kill a boss and hope for random help, and he quits...your problem

play with some friends or a clan and you dont have this problem.

Edited by LazerusKI

So my suggestion:

As i see it you were pretty much dead weight in that mission.

You clearly pointed out that the guy who entered the mission killed the boss and quit but if he did't join then you'd have no chance of killing the boss if you can't even deal with regular enemies in the level. Even if other players who joined the game did't quit you'd still be a dead weight since you are too weak to do anything to the boss.

This might sound rude but actually it's not. There is a reason missions have level tags on them, if you don't meet the required minimum gear level then you are dead weight. Sorry but that's how it works in games like these.

I myself always play solo when i run bosses it just takes way less time as opposed to waiting for newbies to find the extraction point.

Was him leaving the mission after a boss kill good move ? no. but was it entirely in his rights to do so ? yes. 

Stuff like this happens all the time i suggest you get used to online games.

Time penalty would only make sense if it was implemented alongside the hardest difficulty in level difficulty selection that they are planning to add in.

Edited by ZWarhammer

So my suggestion:

About the thing that u've met a crap player there are no doubts.

About you probably choosen a mission too hard for ya is also true...

Only because you had a bad adventure (and everyone here had lots of them) this doesnt mean a global punishment is required.