The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toxic behaviour of a large number of Forum Members and Why i wont be Returning

IRVoidGuru

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Welcome to the forums ;P

OP = Original Poster. So the thread starter...or it means overpowered.

Meta-complaint = Complaining about other users behaviours which has nothing to do with the game itself.

Hope i could help!

No problemo.

indeed as iv seen those terms twice now and had no clue what they were pertaining to. yes both of those things are true i am directly complaining about forum behavior and am the original poster. you disagree and are kind about it . more of this forum could benefit form your behavior

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

nerfing is Direct State Reduction with no compensation . that is Not what happened with gamacore it gained Massive fire rate for its Extreme damage loss

I don't agree with your definition but that's fine.

But I do agree that if DE is to impose an obscure sudden nerf, they should try to mask it, or buff other attributes.  If we have to trick people into accepting a justified nerf then we should.

The other, better way is to announce it 2 months in advance, and let the community argue it out.

1 minute ago, Fifield said:

I don't agree with your definition but that's fine.

But I do agree that if DE is to impose an obscure sudden nerf, they should try to mask it, or buff other attributes.  If we have to trick people into accepting a justified nerf then we should.

The other, better way is to announce it 2 months in advance, and let the community argue it out.

id like to know if u don't mind what u consider a nerf? and both your ideas are very good i wouldn't mind any of that being implemented.

1 minute ago, Necrius said:

Yeah, whatever. See ya.

another example of exactly what i was posting about . ( no offense meant ) but this post has nothing to do with any point and is literally a waste of space and the time it takes to read, let alone the time it takes to post back to

2 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

id like to know if u don't mind what u consider a nerf? and both your ideas are very good i wouldn't mind any of that being implemented.

You can't deny that it was a nerf. The switch from damage to fire rate did A LOT. Ammo efficiency went down the rain with that. And since it's a continuos weapon it even works more awful.

I personally have seen the synoid gammacor too strong at that time. But the nerf was actually so huge, i couldn't bother playing it ever again after (ok i did, just to see it's not worth it anymore). So for me, this nerf was not good. Draining ammo faster than sonic on steroids.

Edited by IceColdHawk

15 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

id like to know if u don't mind what u consider a nerf?

A nerf is simply reducing something's effectiveness.  This is the definition used in every game community I've been in.  If some people here had a different definition, it might explain some of the anti-nerf sentiment.

The Synoid Gammacor was made less effective because you need to reload a lot more and eventually run out of ammunition.  

It's still a great secondary vs Corpus.  Nothing apart from Mag takes down shields as quickly.  It does incredible burst dps, procs really quickly, is easy to aim and gives free energy.  It was made balanced and has led to ~10 secondaries being similarly balanced.  Shame about the Sonicor being seriously OP.

Edited by Fifield

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

You can't deny that it was a nerf. The switch from damage to fire rate did A LOT. Ammo efficiency went down the rain with that. And since it's a continuos weapon it even works more awful.

I personally have seen the synoid gammacor too strong at that time. But the nerf was actually so huge, i couldn't bother playing it ever again after (ok i did, just to see it's not worth it anymore). So for me, this nerf was not good. Draining ammo faster than sonic on steroids.

i can say that it made it Very much less appealing but it had compensation to it , that is balance ( i think ) . i loved the weapon how it was but even i said at the time it Needed to be changed as it was more powerful than any primary at the time ( imo)

2 minutes ago, Fifield said:

A nerf is simply reducing something's effectiveness.  The Synoid Gammacor was made less effective because you need to reload a lot more and eventually run out of ammunition.  But it was made balanced and has led to ~10 secondaries being similarly balanced.  Shame about the Sonicor being seriously OP.

i can see and understand this , and in this sense yes the gamacore is WAY less effective . it eats ammo to do the same work it used to . with this logic in place i can understand how this is a nerf

Just now, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

i can say that it made it Very much less appealing but it had compensation to it , that is balance ( i think ) . i loved the weapon how it was but even i said at the time it Needed to be changed as it was more powerful than any primary at the time ( imo)

Yeah sure. But imo that change was a little bit too heavy. Against higher level enemies it just won't cut it. You're better off using high damage per shot weapons than blasting all your magazine into 1 or 2 enemies.

I mean, this is an online forum. Specifically a video game related one.

For future reference, 'meta-complaints' are those that have no direction and no purpose. Complaining about 'people who do this or that' when posting a new thread, where it doesn't really apply to anyone present. Places such as online forums are open to all, with the freedom to post responses the way they find most suitable, agreeing or disagreeing with a topic or poster.

Welcome to freedom of expression.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Yeah sure. But imo that change was a little bit too heavy. Against higher level enemies it just won't cut it. You're better off using high damage per shot weapons than blasting all your magazine into 1 or 2 enemies.

this is true and a good point , perhaps a post suggesting double damage half fire rate on the weapon? id think of doing so my self but as of the moment im very on the fence about posting after today

28 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

does any 1 in this world anymore really care about looking foolish? there are 7 billion people on earth . even your foolish to someone else , who cares? . id say this would be another example of a post that has nothing to do with the subject but at least u said 1 word on topic so your infinity X better then the other Examples iv Quoted

Sadly you missed you point. The word Toxic has a specific meaning, it does not mean what this topic is about.  Use the correct word if you want a debate and say what you mean using the English language.

Toxic = 

: poisonous, venomous, virulent, noxious, dangerous, destructive,harmful, unsafe, malignant, injurious, pestilential, pernicious,environmentally unfriendly; More

Try learning to speak English before you post or you are one of the fools.

Well. It's a forum. People come here to give their opinion. Yes, sometimes the arguments become too hot, and some individuals start insulting each other, but the vast majority tries to counter-argument with valid information/points of view. Toxicity is part of human beings, you'll find it not only here but everywhere else.

The main reason I keep coming to the forums is because sometimes good information is posted, hell, even the joke-threads are fun sometimes. 

Sorry to hear you're leaving, take care! 

Edited by Lokime

6 minutes ago, (PS4)JackRavensog said:

Sadly you missed you point. The word Toxic has a specific meaning, it does not mean what this topic is about.  Use the correct word if you want a debate and say what you mean using the English language.

Toxic = 

: poisonous, venomous, virulent, noxious, dangerous, destructive,harmful, unsafe, malignant, injurious, pestilential, pernicious,environmentally unfriendly; More

Try learning to speak English before you post or you are one of the fools.

as the forums have started to teach me , words can have abnormal meanings here such as "cheese" "toxic" and "meta" normally id agree with you if it wasn't  for so many people already using this forum slang , we can rage against the machine and try to use only proper English. but as doing so wont make others do so . if you cant beatum joinum . try to learn slang before directly calling people foolish

P.S. responding to this type of comment is what leads things to go off topic and is not productive

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

Trouble is these terms have many meanings. Actually try speaking the English language you will find it a rich and descriptive way to communicate and if used correctly will ensure your target audience fully understands your point. 

Try asking for a dictionary for your next birthday and not a gaming card to but Platinum.

2 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Edited my post above re: the benefits of the Synoid Gammacor.  Maybe a tad overnerfed but still a decent weapon:

Are meta-threads still banned?  I can't see anything about them in the guidelines.

considering i didn't know the term meta until a few posts ago obviously i wasn't aware of that fact . and if that's true regardless of the good nor bad comments im getting witch have been helpful .Than this thread needs to be deleted . and i Apologize as i was not aware of this fact before any of this was posted

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

this is true and a good point , perhaps a post suggesting double damage half fire rate on the weapon? id think of doing so my self but as of the moment im very on the fence about posting after today

I'd wait for after damage 3.0 personally. But feel free to do it at any time. Though i can already foresee that a good chunk of people will agree with you while also some people try to say the weapon is already good enough because it can clear lvl 20 mobs. There will always be guys disagreeing with you with whatever you come up with. Just give it a try and don't get yourself dragged down!

36 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

nerfing is Direct Stat Reduction with no compensation . that is Not what happened with gamacore it gained Massive fire rate for its Extreme damage loss.

P.S. and Was Really Really good for the game

Actually, the definition of nerfing is simply a change that makes something less effective or desirable. So, something to many is simply a rework and their interest in using the item hasn't changed but for some its a nerf because the changes resulted in their losing interest. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

considering i didn't know the term meta until a few posts ago obviously i wasn't aware of that fact . and if that's true regardless of the good nor bad comments im getting witch have been helpful .Than this thread needs to be deleted . and i Apologize as i was not aware of this fact before any of this was posted

https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

It's a work in progress...

I've seen DE get much better about what they react to over the years and develop much thicker skin in the process.

...That's a big deal when it comes to nerfs, imo.

I do wish that the admins were more vigilant, transparent, and consistent in their duties and much of the rank toxicity you see here would decrease.

...But they aren't. 

It's a shame that Devs feel more comfortable posting cool upcoming stuff regarding their game on their personal social media accounts as opposed to on this site.

That's just my opinion though.

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

It's a work in progress...

I've seen DE get much better about what they react to over the years and develop much thicker skin in the process.

...That's a big deal when it comes to nerfs, imo.

I do wish that the admins were more vigilant, transparent, and consistent in their duties and much of the rank toxicity you see here would decrease.

...But they aren't. 

It's a shame that Devs feel more comfortable posting cool upcoming stuff regarding their game on their personal social media accounts as opposed to on this site.

That's just my opinion though.

"It's a shame that Devs feel more comfortable posting cool upcoming stuff regarding their game on their personal social media accounts as opposed to on this site."

Yeah that's a lot of developers really.

12 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Are meta-threads still banned?  I can't see anything about them in the guidelines.

2) POSTING – Use our forums to talk to us and talk to each other in an intelligent and respectful way (see Rule #1) that encourages interaction and thoughtful discussion. Stay on-topic, be constructive and use descriptive Topic titles. Don’t RAGE/RANT POST

Thoughtful discussion can't be gained by creating meta-complaing or rant posts. Just look at some of the replies here. This will probably get locked soon.

Also:

6) COMPLAINTS – if you have a complaint about a user, report the issue; if you have a complaint about how your behaviour on the forums has been moderated, send the Admins/Mods a private message. We will do what we can to sort out any issues.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)JackRavensog said:

Trouble is these terms have many meanings. Actually try speaking the English language you will find it a rich and descriptive way to communicate and if used correctly will ensure your target audience fully understands your point. 

Try asking for a dictionary for your next birthday and not a gaming card to but Platinum.

That's funny how you tell other people to learn english and mocking them, while also providing the meaning of "toxic" that only shows that OP was right the whole time (harmful, unfriendly, malignant). Just need to look at you and some other replies that got posted here. That is pure toxin.