Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Cupid Survival harder than Egaria and Nuovo???

magusat999

I've been trying out Survival on Uranus, after playing Ceres Survival missions for a couple weeks and I have to say Cupid is much more intense and difficult than either of the Ceres Survival missions, which is baffling because Ceres Survival missions Egaria and Nuovo are higher levels (35-40 and 33-38) as opposed to Cupid which 10 levels lower (23-28). i realize also that as time passes it really doesn't matter because the levels infinitely increase - but that's not even a consideration here.

At 5 minutes in Cupid, the napalms are coming in. In 10 minutes it's Napalms and Bombards. i don't mean trickle in here and there - I mean they take over the show. I have never seen so many Napalms anywhere else. I just started playing Uranus Survival, as I mentioned earlier so I have done about 3 today so far, and it is extremely more difficult than Egaria and Nuovo. The Ceres Survivals do not shower you with napalms like this one does - they are there but not every corner you turn, in ever mob you face and popping up (spawning) right next to you or behind you. I can't complain enough about enemies spawning in your moment of weakness - I am playing Nezha and every time... I mean EVERY TIME his Warding Halo goes out, a "Magic Napalm" is suddenly right there to hit him with cheap killer shots.That's for another topic, though.

I think there is some imbalance here, either Ceres Survivals are too easy or this place is much harder than it should be. I can do hour long solo Survivals much easier on Ceres than at Cupid, and it shouldn't be that way. Cupid uses the same tileset as Nuovo - perhaps a switch should be considered so it makes sense???

On 4/5/2016 at 11:56 AM, magusat999 said:

Cupid is much more intense and difficult than either of the Ceres Survival missions,

I could be wrong but this may be due to the fact that sealab tilesets are much more confined and narrow compared to the open air of the ceres planet tileset.  This allows more room to move around on Ceres while in sealab on uranus there are narrow hallways that just funnel hordes of enemies straight at you.

Personally I prefer uranus survival just for that fact.  Plus, great way to farm tellerium.  Get a pilferdroid or 2 and its pretty spectacular

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I could be wrong but this may be due to the fact that sealab tilesets are much more confined and narrow compared to the open air of the ceres planet tileset.  This allows more room to move around on Ceres while in sealab on uranus there are narrow hallways that just funnel hordes of enemies straight at you.

Personally I prefer uranus survival just for that fact.  Plus, great way to farm tellerium.  Get a pilferdroid or 2 and its pretty spectacular

Funny I haven't had the Sealab tileset there yet. I always get the same tileset as the one at Appollodorus, Mercury...

1 hour ago, magusat999 said:

Funny I haven't had the Sealab tileset there yet. I always get the same tileset as the one at Appollodorus, Mercury...

Sorry, my mistake.  Cupid is grineer galleon tileset I believe.  I was thinking of Ophelia which is sealab.  Either way though, narrow hallways and so on versus Ceres which is a planet tileset.  Or I could be way off.  Its a guess at best.