Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

choosing a focus after completing 2nd dream quest

(PSN)bmb1881

Question

Hi guys,

My husband & I started the second dream quest. I watched a walk through on youtube.

At the end of the quest (when you finish); you have to choose a focus.

I'm not sure which one would be good to choose.

Any suggestions???

Can I have more than 1 later?

Does anyone have any impressions/thought on the focus's? (Which ones are better/worse)

Thanks,

Bonnie

5 answers to this question

you can in fact unlock other ones later (so don't worry too much about if you don't like your first choice)

as for which one to choose I'd honestly have to suggest you research the bonuses and the powers in the wikia, find which fits your play-style the best, I personally use narmon for its melee crit boost, and on occassion I use madurai for its slash dmg boosts

If not mistaken, when you talk to lotus she gives you different choices and if you answer them in a certain pattern they will actually tell you which one suits you depending on what you choose when having the conversation, there will be tiny dots underneath the focus and the more you have means the more it suits you, but it doesn't matter that much because you can still choose whatever focus you want. Zenurik and Naramon is really good imo, zenurik restores energy and Naramon promotes close quater playstyle. Yes, you can have more than 1 focus, but first in order to obtain the other focus you will need to farm for its lens in sortie or buy the greater lens in market for 40 plat if not mistaken, you will need 50k of that particular focus to unlock that particular focus class that you want but dont have, correct me if i am wrong. Hope this helps :)

Edited by LemonEnterprise

Your quest choice only unlocks one school for free. You can unlock all the schools by farming Focus Points, and you can switch between your active focus between missions for no penalty

Madurai: FIRE YOUR LAZER! The laser deals 10,000 heat damage per second, and cannot be boosted in any way to my knowledge (save for maybe stuff like Rhino's Roar). The passive abilities are to grant your weapons and warframe powers more Slash, Impact, and Puncture damage

Naramon: fires waves of energy that cause the same effect as Nyx's Chaos, only permanent until the enemies die. Passive abilities grant bonus crit chance to your melee weapons, as well as make you invisible upon dealing a crit with melee

Vazarin: Heals all nearby allies, 250 health every 2 seconds. Passives allow you to revive allies instantly and make yourself and allies invincible for a few seconds

Unairu: Petrifies enemies. Passive abilities boost your armor slightly and deal extra damage to petrified enemies and those around them

Zenurik: Traps nearby enemies in a copy of Vauban's Bastille, and other upgrades can do other strange things (like damage said enemies). Passives slowly restore energy to yourself in the vein of Energy Siphon

Edited by TARINunit9

As it is now, each Focus is as good as the passives it gives (Passives are activated when you use your Focus power the first time in a mission). This is mainly due to the long cooldowns between casts for rather mediocre effects. I currently switch between Zenurik, Naramon and Vazarin depending on the utility I want. I'll list them in order of increasing Focus point investment.

Zenurik

The whole point of having Zenurik is its first passive, Energy Overflow. At a mere 25,000 Focus to unlock, it gives 1 to 4 Energy per second. Therefore, at just one rank, you gain more Energy per second than a solo Energy Siphon, and it even stacks with Energy Siphon if you're feeling greedy. Honestly, I'd max out this passive and move on to level some other Focus.

Naramon

Likely the most overpowered Focus passive, Shadow Step, the Naramon tree is great for any mission type that allows melee weapons. Since the invisibility of Shadow Step ignores Nullifier bubbles (and Stalker dispels), it'll allow you to solo any mission with ease. Max out Deadly Intent and Shadow Step and move on.

Vazarin

Vazarin is surprisingly the tree with the most number of good passives. New Moon, by itself is worth taking if you play co-op more often than solo, allowing you up to 4 instant revives. If you've been through those hellish missions and sorties where standing still trying to revive a downed Kubrow will ensure a mission failure, these replenish-able instant revives are a godsend. Besides that, Protection Ward and Guardian Presence are also rather useful as they create a shell that negates incoming projectiles for a period of time.

However, this Focus tree is utter thrash if you're on a solo run.

The "Other Two"

Now the ones that don't offer anything useful.

Madurai can give you up to 30% bonus damage to each Impact, Slash and Pierce components of all your weapons and Warframe powers. However that's completely useless when you want to use weapons such as the Tonkor, Ignis, and Amprex. On the other hand, even on regular IPS weapons, the damage bonus is mediocre as it will only be of significant benefit to weapons with a large bias towards a single damage component. That means you'd have to not only spend 725,000 Focus points for each damage component, you'd have to spend more Focus points to unlock more Pool capacity (17 additional required to have all of IPS bonuses).

Unairu offers a whopping 12% bonus armour at the cost of over 300,000 Focus points. Since it's a percentage-based bonus, it offers no benefit to the majority of Warframes. Even on high-armour Warframes, the diminishing returns and enemy damage scaling makes the measly 12% a complete waste of effort. Then you have Medusa Skin, which only activates when your Warframe is hit by melee attacks, rendering it useless to all but one faction within the game (unless you intend to block Conculyst attacks with your face).

Edited by Ojimaru