Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30,000 Cryotic isn't actually a problem

Jautice

3 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Well, you understood what I meant.

So? that's Warframe in a nutshell. Grinding. And even so, grab 4 players, you'll have it in like 3 hours, taking into consideration those times where 4 Extractors won't be on the map. And so on. It really isn't that bad. We've ALL spent longer grinding that one Void mission over and over and over again until the day's come to an end and we STILL don't have that one part.

But while grinding your butt off for that one prime part you can sell the others or ducat them for Baro'.

The thing about Cryotic farming is that there's only one way to do it. But unlike everything else there's multiple viable ways to get it but there's always that optional optimal way of doing it. 

Nitian is worse because you have to play by the schedule of the alerts. I can farm ALL of the 30k cryotic in one sunday and get maybe 3 nitian if timing works out to my benefit.

Cryotic is a guaranteed acquisition. No RNG. Plus loads of transmute fodder, R5s and keys is the real reward. Cryotic is just garbage resource that most people have more than enough to build five of this weap anyway. 

If you guys constantly get bored for doing the excavations, why not just try out some different loadouts while doing the excavations. I seen one of my plebs using a Rhino for 6 runs on excavation I had with him even though he has a multitude of other frames. You guys get bored not because it is the same constant thing, but sometimes you guys constantly bring the same thing. Besides, DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?

This may or may not be a problem depending on the amount of time you have to play.

For the casual player who plays a couple or few hours a week, 30k is a lot and might take a couple weeks to get.

For the hardcore player who plays more than five hours every day, 30k is a couple days of farming.

Curiously, I saw no one complain about the 50k Alloy Plate the weapon also needs, despite the greatest source of Alloy Plate being removed (The Void). I should call hypocricy here.

Joking aside; yes, the Sibear requires absurd amounts of Cryotik. It's also a fact, however, that we don't have any consumables that need cryotik (Formas, Restores, Ciphers etc), which means that however much Cryotik you farm, you have few ways of actually using it up. What does that mean; it's gonna take a looong while to get it, but you will, eventually.

Does it suck? Sure. Even though I have 76k (or had) Cryotik, this was a hit I am not comfortable with. Still, would you rather it be hidden behind an MR test or something you can farm as low as MR0? In the end, they do have to slow down how easily we get access to some weapons. So, if it's too much to farm for at the moment, go get all your other weapons and frames, level them up, and by then you'll have your materials.

EDIT: Just to not be misunderstood; I don't agree with the cost, but I understand why they did it. Still wish there was a better way for DE to regulate our access to big, shiny and powerful guns that wasn't a complete gimmick.

Edited by Lyravain

9 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

Curiously, I saw no one complain about the 50k Alloy Plate the weapon also needs, despite the greatest source of Alloy Plate being removed (The Void). I should call hypocricy here.

Joking aside; yes, the Sibear requires absurd amounts of Cryotik. It's also a fact, however, that we don't have any consumables that need cryotik (Formas, Restores, Ciphers etc), which means that however much Cryotik you farm, you have few ways of actually using it up. What does that mean; it's gonna take a looong while to get it, but you will, eventually.

Does it suck? Sure. Even though I have 76k (or had) Cryotik, this was a hit I am not comfortable with. Still, would you rather it be hidden behind an MR test or something you can farm as low as MR0? In the end, they do have to slow down how easily we get access to some weapons. So, if it's too much to farm for at the moment, go get all your other weapons and frames, level them up, and by then you'll have your materials.

EDIT: Just to not be misunderstood; I don't agree with the cost, but I understand why they did it. Still wish there was a better way for DE to regulate our access to big, shiny and powerful guns that wasn't a complete gimmick.

I direct you to formorian disruptors which DO IN FACT require cryotic and are consumable.

1 hour ago, Xaelroa said:

As has been said a thousand times over at this point, including by people who actually did have a ton of cryotic laying around. It's not obtainable by newer players in a reasonable amount of time unless they burn out on a particular mission type that they may or may not like in the first place. For all of their wanting to "prevent burnout on mission types" they screwed up with the requirements of the sibear, because of the fact people who want it are going to farm excavations exclusively until they can't stand it anymore. All they are doing with 30k cryotic is encouraging people burning out and nothing more.

It is encouraging them to use Platinum.  First free to play game?

1 minute ago, Sonos said:

It is encouraging them to use Platinum.  First free to play game?

Not at all. I've played some of the biggest p2w fodder crap MMOs out there. And watched some that had promise turn to crap. Not a single one of them pulled something like this on their playerbase to "encourage" spending of real money. The big problem is that DE has stated in the past they don't want the game to be "pay to win" and yet this basically directs straight at that model.

At this point of discussion I honestly doubt that anyone will read this, but anyhow:

With... around 600h ig time i think, I refuse to farm resources (exept sensors and nodes) to craft specific thing.

3,5k oxium for grattler was too much.

30k cryo for sibear is also too much.

And it isn't viable way of draining veteran players resources. Resource sink ought to be something that gets used up. Like consumables. There are few that might get introduced: medium and large self-restores (you know, one man pizzas), buff "scrolls", etc.

Introducing insane cost weapons will just lead to even heavier priced gear in future.

Edited by 5HV3N

I most believe the reason why DE did this because they knew a whole lot of us have been using Triton/Hieracon for a safe farming zone. I'm not saying all of the hardcore players, but even the lower MR players have been using this as a farming spot too long that DE knows that they had to somewhat get to players.

1 minute ago, Jautice said:

I most believe the reason why DE did this because they knew a whole lot of us have been using Triton/Hieracon for a safe farming zone. I'm not saying all of the hardcore players, but even the lower MR players have been using this as a farming spot too long that DE knows that they had to somewhat get to players.

The problem is, all they are doing is exacerbating the problem by adding something that REQUIRES that farming zone. Especially when they already said they felt that excavations were "too rewarding". This just adds another reward to that.

3 hours ago, Jautice said:

The reason why is probably due to the resource creeping that people have been doing for a very long time and if you're in dire need of it, just put it aside and just Hieracon. Pretend Hieracon is Draco and no problem.

i enjoy running red chroma in hiercon, so I had over 100k Cryotic... the new weapon is building now.

i really don't ever remember running short of cryotic... most of the time i'm farming neural sensors and neurodes 

2 hours ago, izzatuw said:

snip

thats true but also false

theres virtually no player that "actually plays this game" (aka logs in regularily and plays regularily) but doesnt have spare ressources, theres excavation sorties and alerts regularily and to unlock nodes you need to have played some excavations too, excavation is also the most rewarding mission type in the game, you have to be stupid and deliberately wanting to handicap yourself if you dont do your occasional excavations, be it dark sectors on Pluto, Phobos or Triton

your argument comes from a point of a player who does not play or does not want to actually play the game,

30k cryotic would theoretically award you with 75 voidkeys, on average 94 r5cores and 75 "rare" mods, not accounting for what the mobs drop in between, you get alot of bang for your buck

the "new player" argument is completely invalid, the game isnt designed to give you instant access to everything and the core of the game (well actually the only thing this game has) is "grind", theres no motivation for you or anybody else to play the game for longer than 5 minutes if i can get the materials for every item in the game within a day

im sitting on several hundred thousand cryotic i dont know what to spend on, theres like 2 items in the entire game that needs those, and you get showered in it whereever you go

Edited by SYL3NZR

Why do every weapon and frame have to be easy to get for new players, when there are so many things they can get quite easily?

Why can't certain things in the game be something you build toward instead of instant gratification?

Why is it wrong that new items are introduced that even veteran players can't just build immediately?

Why is it wrong that the game demands you to do different tasks to advance, or gain new gear, instead of you doing the same thing over and over.

Why is it wrong that DE tries to make some money, by making it actually worth it to buy certain things with platinum?

sounds like its all a ploy to get people to shut up about nitain

"HEY ERZ LOOK EVERY ONE!!!! IT'S EITHER 2 NITAIN, X PLAT, OR 30K CRYOTIC....WHICH ONE IS BETTER????!!!?? TEE HEE!"

get outta here with this, man. I don't even really care, personally - but i see where this is going.

12 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

thats true but also false

theres virtually no player that "actually plays this game" (aka logs in regularily and plays regularily) but doesnt have spare ressources, theres excavation sorties and alerts regularily and to unlock nodes you need to have played some excavations too, excavation is also the most rewarding mission type in the game, you have to be stupid and deliberately wanting to handicap yourself if you dont do your occasional excavations, be it dark sectors on Pluto, Phobos or Triton

your argument comes from a point of a player who does not play or does not want to actually play the game,

30k cryotic would theoretically award you with 75 voidkeys, on average 94 r5cores and 75 "rare" mods, not accounting for what the mobs drop in between, you get alot of bang for your buck

the "new player" argument is completely invalid, the game isnt designed to give you instant access to everything and the core of the game (well actually the only thing this game has) is "grind", theres no motivation for you or anybody else to play the game for longer than 5 minutes if i can get the materials for every item in the game within a day

Thank for proving my point.

Edited by Jautice

1 hour ago, Xaelroa said:

Not at all. I've played some of the biggest p2w fodder crap MMOs out there. And watched some that had promise turn to crap. Not a single one of them pulled something like this on their playerbase to "encourage" spending of real money. The big problem is that DE has stated in the past they don't want the game to be "pay to win" and yet this basically directs straight at that model.

Needed a good morning laugh thanks!

30,000 cryotic is a problem because the resource can only be attained from a single mission type, meaning to get the weapon you have to play the same mission over and over and over. DE talks a lot about wanting to de-incentivize endlessly grinding a single mission (e.g., Draco), and then they release a weapon that requires endlessly grinding a single mission? I'm getting mixed signals here, DE.

I've been playing regularly for over two years, and yet I have not amassed a large stash of cryotic because I find excavation to be excruciatingly dull, perhaps the second most un-fun game mode after archwing defense. Currently I have less than a thousand cryotic, after having spend most of what I had to build Trinity Prime. I probably won't be able to get Sibear for a very long time, because I don't want mastery fodder badly enough to spend my free time repeatedly playing a game mode I do not enjoy.