Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the sibear better than Jat kittag?

Gravitas2

Question

12 answers to this question

It's roughly the same stats, so at least stat-wise, not really. More of a side-grade.

The one reason I would argue that it is is due to being Cold damage. For starters, as is, only the Infested resist Cold, so that's always a plus. You can also mod it into a pure Blast, Magnetic, or Viral weapon.
It's basically an elemental Jat Kittag, at which point I would argue that it's better, but that's just me personally preferring elemental weapons over physical ones. At that point it does become personal taste.

4 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

It's roughly the same stats, so at least stat-wise, not really. More of a side-grade.

The one reason I would argue that it is is due to being Cold damage. For starters, as is, only the Infested resist Cold, so that's always a plus. You can also mod it into a pure Blast, Magnetic, or Viral weapon.
It's basically an elemental Jat Kittag, at which point I would argue that it's better, but that's just me personally preferring elemental weapons over physical ones. At that point it does become personal taste.

On the other hand, puncture procs are incredibly useful and impact procs are fairly useful. Given how high the Jat's proc chance is, you are hitting all of the procs constantly with it.

3 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

On the other hand, puncture procs are incredibly useful and impact procs are fairly useful. Given how high the Jat's proc chance is, you are hitting all of the procs constantly with it.

That too, and as such, I can reasonably understand either.

It's a worthy alternative, but I wouldn't call it better. As others have said, it trades physical damage and status chance for pure elemental damage and a big status chance bonus on charge attacks. Personally I'm enjoying it, but I've never been a huge fan of Grineer weaponry anyways.

One additional thing, you DEFINITELY have to consider as well is the following difference between the two:

Jet-engine powered hammer vs. a hammer that grows awesome spikes.

Edited by DjaAkh

Sibear is better against flesh since it can be modded with 100% Viral damage, compared to Kittags high Impact damage which is one of the worst types against flesh this is a non negligible advantage of the Sibear.

Another advantage is that Sibear only needs 1 elemental mod to form Viral where Kittag needs 2. If one is running a Combo Counting Crit Build, this is leaving a valuable slot for another mod on the Sibear like Organ Shatter, Primed Reach or Life Strike (whatever is missing).

Kittag has a higher status chance and seems to have a higher range though making it an arguable choice still but against unarmored Grineer (4x CP team) or unshielded Corpus (good Mag in team) I prefer Sibear.

Everyone's talking about the stats as they appear on the Wikia page, but what about the ones that don't? Considering how often hammers cause AoE slams during regular combos, I'd imagine that's a pretty important factor to consider.

How is the Sibear's knockdown radius, and how is its ragdolling force? The Jat has a knockdown radius of 10m (highest in the game, tied with the Orthos series) and launches enemies across rooms and far out of reach. Does the Sybear do this as well?

Also, does the Sybear have any sort of special effects during slams (both ground slams and the slam effects during combos)? I noticed that some sort of icicle formation appears on the ground during ground slams in the gameplay videos I've seen, but is this just cosmetic or does it actually do something?

Edited by SortaRandom

Depending on how you use it, Sibear can be better. With it having primarily elemental damage you can stack a specific element and guarentee that it will proc. With IPS weapons, it has to cycle through procs and you might not get what you want.

In regards to it having "lower" status chance. This is correct on paper. The charge attack bonus stacks but means you have to weave in charge attacks once in awhile to stack it correctly. I'm still doing testing, but i can tell you that so far having a only viral hammer of death has been proving to be very powerful on high level mobs thus far.