The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new alternative lifestrike

swizzybeatzjamz

Today as I was playing bloodborne I noticed I really like the melee combat. I felt extremely aggressive more than I have an any souls game. As I was fighting the shadows of yharnam I noticed the regain system is what made it so fun and aggressive. 

Warframe is a hordetype game where you commit the mass genocide of different non tenno factions. Draco is practically a grinner death camp. Melee is in a decent (not good) place. But one mod I can seem to never drop is lifestrike. Lifestrike is the only way I can play melee. If you are one of those guys who don't need it more power to you.

Basically what I am getting at is warframe needs a regain system implemented into all melee weapons. Whenever you take Damage there should be a small window of opportunity to gain your health back from kills.

Every weapons potential to gain health while using this system could be different. For instance dual ichors could have low regain potential while the galatine could have high regain since its a slow weapon. 

If this was implemented I feel like lifestrike would be more of a personal choice more than a necessary choice.

On April 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM, swizzybeatzjamz said:

Today as I was playing bloodborne I noticed I really like the melee combat. I felt extremely aggressive more than I have an any souls game. As I was fighting the shadows of yharnam I noticed the regain system is what made it so fun and aggressive. 

Warframe is a hordetype game where you commit the mass genocide of different non tenno factions. Draco is practically a grinner death camp. Melee is in a decent (not good) place. But one mod I can seem to never drop is lifestrike. Lifestrike is the only way I can play melee. If you are one of those guys who don't need it more power to you.

Basically what I am getting at is warframe needs a regain system implemented into all melee weapons. Whenever you take Damage there should be a small window of opportunity to gain your health back from kills.

Every weapons potential to gain health while using this system could be different. For instance dual ichors could have low regain potential while the galatine could have high regain since its a slow weapon. 

If this was implemented I feel like lifestrike would be more of a personal choice more than a necessary choice.

Maybe have more regen health mods available. Life Strike feels like a must because there's no alternative. Same with Saryn's regen molt augment. Though I wouldn't have a blatant system rip off of Bloodborne. It should be a mod, not a system built into the game. 

For instance...

(Insert name of mod here): Kills with Warframe abilities grant 2/4/6/8/10% of max health.

also it would be nice to finally have a medic weapon available.

Just Saiyan, if you want to melee and heal without Life Strike, barring Vazarin / Health Restores / Mantis Air Support, you could try e.g.
Valkyr, Trinity, Oberon, Inaros, Augment'd Saryn / Hydroid, Nekros, Nezha, Heat Chroma, Equinox, Augment'd Prisma Skana / Dual Cleavers, ... there are options.

While frames and other features provide alternatives, they often pigeonhole you into those alternatives. Lifestrike, too, feels like a must on any melee-oriented build if you don't have any of the above mentioned tactics. All frames and all melee weapons should be viable for the sword alone.

Off the top of my head I thought about having a chance for enemies killed by melee to drop health orbs, but really I think the best way would be to just make lifestrike a built in feature of channeling. Channeling as a whole is in a bad spot and could potentially be the thing that can make melee much more better. reduce teh icnreased drain of the other focus mods, have life strike built in to channeling, and that's a good start.

But we don't need this... Why should they add something totally unnecessary?

I brought my Volt Prime to the grineer survival sortie two days ago and I reached a 1,000 hit combo without going down. There was no Lifestrike or any form of healing involved. So I fail to see the need for this.

10 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

But we don't need this... Why should they add something totally unnecessary?

I brought my Volt Prime to the grineer survival sortie two days ago and I reached a 1,000 hit combo without going down. There was no Lifestrike or any form of healing involved. So I fail to see the need for this.

Variety in ways to regen health is never a bad thing. Also just because you, yourself, don't see the need for it doesn't mean there aren't others out there that would appreciate this.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Variety in ways to regen health is never a bad thing. Also just because you, yourself, don't see the need for it doesn't mean there aren't others out there that would appreciate this.

Whenever something unnecessary is added to make the game easier... well... it makes the game easier. To me that's a bad thing because the game is already pretty easy as it is.

Not to mention adding it as a default feature massively devalues a mod such as Lifestrike which actually requires investment to use. I think I'd be ok with a mod that does what the OP describes because that's an actual alternative that requires investment.

Another point to consider is, do you even need an alternative for healing via melee? Why do there need to be multiple ways to do the same thing? It's actually not interesting to choose between two things that effectively do the same thing. This is like saying we need an alternative to Vitality. Why? It does its job. I could see a need for alternative healing methods that don't require melee since that would cover a different niche.

Like here's an alternative I could get behind. A mod that gives you regen on headshot kills. That would give you the ability to recover after taking damage but it would be over time so it would lead to a different playstyle than Lifestrike. It wouldn't replace Lifestrike tanking. Instead it would be all about being mobile while regening back attrition damage.

Edited by Inmemoratus

1 hour ago, Inmemoratus said:

Whenever something unnecessary is added to make the game easier... well... it makes the game easier. To me that's a bad thing because the game is already pretty easy as it is.

Not to mention adding it as a default feature massively devalues a mod such as Lifestrike which actually requires investment to use. I think I'd be ok with a mod that does what the OP describes because that's an actual alternative that requires investment.

Another point to consider is, do you even need an alternative for healing via melee? Why do there need to be multiple ways to do the same thing? It's actually not interesting to choose between two things that effectively do the same thing. This is like saying we need an alternative to Vitality. Why? It does its job. I could see a need for alternative healing methods that don't require melee since that would cover a different niche.

Like here's an alternative I could get behind. A mod that gives you regen on headshot kills. That would give you the ability to recover after taking damage but it would be over time so it would lead to a different playstyle than Lifestrike. It wouldn't replace Lifestrike tanking. Instead it would be all about being mobile while regening back attrition damage.

I'm more or less referencing my previous comment. Please read that before judging my opinion thank you.

i wasn't entirely on board with the OPs idea, but I did say I would like more alternative mods for regen other than Lifestrike and Furis.

also saying that there's no reason to have multiple mods that do similar things is rather silly. What if I don't want to have to use my melee to regen? It's like saying why use Armored Agility when you can use Steel Fiver. It's all about choice and preference. Maybe a player wants to deck themselves with health regen mods to tank everythig? That's their prerogative and what right do you have to say that try are wrong for wanting that?

just food for thought. Again just because you wouldn't use it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't, always keep that in mind. 

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

11 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

I'm more or less referencing my previous comment. Please read that before judging my opinion thank you.

i wasn't entirely on board with the OPs idea, but I did say I would like more alternative mods for regen other than Lifestrike and Furis.

also saying that there's no reason to have multiple mods that do similar things is rather silly. What if I don't want to have to use my melee to regen? It's like saying why use Armored Agility when you can use Steel Fiver. It's all about choice and preference. Maybe a player wants to deck themselves with health regen mods to tank everythig? That's their prerogative and what right do you have to say that try are wrong for wanting that?

just food for thought. Again just because you wouldn't use it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't, always keep that in mind. 

Sorry I thought you were on board with the OP completely because I responded to the thread and then you responded to my post. And I probably should have read the other posts including your other one since it's a short thread. My bad.

20 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Sorry I thought you were on board with the OP completely because I responded to the thread and then you responded to my post. And I probably should have read the other posts including your other one since it's a short thread. My bad.

It's fine, I understand the confusion, just wanted to make myself clear on the situation lol.

5 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

"A mod that gives you regen on headshot kills" I think your looking for Arcane Victory