Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

14 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Yeah it looks like a console thing, oh well the game still runs very well (the 30fps bit very seldom goes down) and yeah, he mixed it up constantly. Which is great, it made sure I don't linger too long on his sides lest I get dealt an elbow to the face.

I found it funny that the 2nd phase was pretty easy as long as you didn't use lock-on, which would screw you over because that RE4 thing would cover up the whole screen and the camera would refuse to do anything else than look up if you were close to it. hehehe

7 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

I found it funny that the 2nd phase was pretty easy as long as you didn't use lock-on, which would screw you over because that RE4 thing would cover up the whole screen and the camera would refuse to do anything else than look up if you were close to it. hehehe

That second phase scared the hell outta me.

All I saw was a giant hand and I went "OH GOD WHAT"

i ran crysis 2 on 60 fps quite well with old 660m but seems it cant take on darksoul 3, the game works fine on 30fps though, 

the crashes stops when i put the lightning option to low,

anw,

the firekeeper spindancing if you use toast gesture at her,

and why so many people running around FUGS.

8 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

That second phase scared the hell outta me.

All I saw was a giant hand and I went "OH GOD WHAT"

Haha, yeah that scared me too.
My reaction was more on the way of "are you serious? this is like the 3rd room!!!"
the thing is, all the other games do it too, but it's sort of scripted or and optional
... not here though, you kill it or give up because you are not going anywhere lol.
(btw, did you notice Grave Lord Nitos coffin? the area is full of easter eggs!)

of course it killed me because of that swipe at the start hehe.

In hindsight, this is a really great end of tutorial since it prepares you for normal enemies that pull the same combo crap as that thing.

41 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

Haha, yeah that scared me too.
My reaction was more on the way of "are you serious? this is like the 3rd room!!!"
the thing is, all the other games do it too, but it's sort of scripted or and optional
... not here though, you kill it or give up because you are not going anywhere lol.
(btw, did you notice Grave Lord Nitos coffin? the area is full of easter eggs!)

of course it killed me because of that swipe at the start hehe.

In hindsight, this is a really great end of tutorial since it prepares you for normal enemies that pull the same combo crap as that thing.

Fun fact iudex Gundyr means: Judge Gundyr

He's testing you for what's to come

I liked it! Spent most time just creating characters and have not pass the first boss yet. The background seems the same as what was shown on previews. Still looked good to me. I chose a Knight, Herald and Assassin just to try for now but might go with Herald cause I feel great using spears. 

9Zh2yHN.jpg

And here's what I was spending most time on, customizing my character. I think I can work on these base features. To my forum friends, check out her name (2nd character pic)?

bb0PJ6X.jpg

gXdt0oj.jpg

etFeD4r.jpg

So yeah. Looks good, feels good so far, and I might love DS3 as much as Bloodborne.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I liked it! Spent most time just creating characters and have not pass the first boss yet. The background seems the same as what was shown on previews. Still looked good to me. I chose a Knight, Herald and Assassin just to try for now but might go with Herald cause I feel great using spears. 

9Zh2yHN.jpg

And here's what I was spending most time on, customizing my character. I think I can work on these base features. To my forum friends, check out her name (2nd character pic)?

bb0PJ6X.jpg

gXdt0oj.jpg

etFeD4r.jpg

So yeah. Looks good, feels good so far, and I might love DS3 as much as Bloodborne.

What was funny to me was that it took me 5 minutes to make my character in DkS3, yet the first character I made in DkS2 and BB took around 20 minutes.

15 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

What the Artorias greatsword?
It uses the DkS1 greatsword moveset.

I hate that moveset.

It's a weapon you can get from the soul of the abyss watchers. I'll put it in spoiler in case you're picky about going blind and all but-

Spoiler

It's a great sword and dagger. One of it's two handed movesets is that you use tha dagger as a kind of anchor and spin with the greatsword in 3 massive multihit swings. I highly recommend it if you plan on doing a dex build.

5 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

It's a weapon you can get from the soul of the abyss watchers. I'll put it in spoiler in case you're picky about going blind and all but-

Hide contents

It's a great sword and dagger. One of it's two handed movesets is that you use tha dagger as a kind of anchor and spin with the greatsword in 3 massive multihit swings. I highly recommend it if you plan on doing a dex build.

Spoiler

OOOOOH that's the Ultra greatsword you poopy head. 

Just now, TheErebus. said:

No it is, but because From doesn't like putting Ultra greatsword in the titles, I confused it with the Wolf Knight Greatsword

I see, I see. But who the hek is farron?

also, in the area where you open the way to the abyss watchers:

Spoiler

SIF! IT'S SIF GUYS!

1 minute ago, TheErebus. said:

Just defeated the first Lord of Cinder (Farron's Legion). 

Ah, nice. That god effing awful swamp thing. 

THAT BATTLE THEME THO, AMIRITE! Personally they are one of my favourite DS bosses of all time. Not to mention their armor is sick Did you solo?

5 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Ah, nice. That god effing awful swamp thing. 

THAT BATTLE THEME THO, AMIRITE! Personally they are one of my favourite DS bosses of all time. Not to mention their armor is sick Did you solo?

No, and I regret using an NPC co-op phantom. When I finish the game, I'm replaying it and going after the Legion solo. 
That theme is byootiful, and the boss itself is really cool. 

Spoiler

A gank fight that has them fighting themselves if they end up hitting eachother. It kinda balances things out and makes it a fair fight.

1 minute ago, TheErebus. said:

No, and I regret using an NPC co-op phantom. When I finish the game, I'm replaying it and going after the Legion solo. 
That theme is byootiful, and the boss itself is really cool. 

Reveal hidden contents

A gank fight that has them fighting themselves if they end up hitting eachother. It kinda balances things out and makes it a fair fight.

What did you use?

I was using the Uchi since I went Dex. After that it was farron's greatsword to the end of the game.

Too bad I won't get to replay it though, since I don't own it, but hey I'm happy to have played it.