The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to melee t4 for 40+ minutes without dying?

CosmicHermitCrab

Question

I'm mr 21, but I mostly played this game with guns in the past. How do you melee 24/7 in t4 survival for 40 minutes or more without dying? I tried Saryn and Atlas and they didn't do too well after 20 minutes. Valkyr works but it's boring and so does Excalibur. Chroma I haven't tried yet, but I think paying attention to his defensive-buffs(the timers) will be annoying. I also use the zenurik focus, even though the naramon focus would be better; however, I like never run out of energy, I might even try mesa or zephyr since they can't take projectiles very easily. The problem in T4 survival unlike T3 survival is that they do so much more damage and I have trouble reaching to the next enemy (in time) before their bullets deplete my health entirely. I go max vitality and steel fiber with arcane guardian as well. I'm glad I didn't invest in arcane grace since I had trouble in t4 survival with melee only. I obviously run life steal on the weapon and the molt from saryn heals me with that molt augment, but they just do so much damage. Depending on the melee weapon I either run pure damage for finishers or blood rush with body count and berserker for crit or crit/status builds. I feel like I might be overlooking something. I have used Mios, lesion, and prisma cleavers mostly. The mios and prisma cleavers have very similar common crit builds. However, the lesion I got 4 dual stat status mods along with maiming strike and berserker. The attack speed goes insanely high with the lesion and they fall down frequently for ground finishers. I got prime nikana and broken war/dakra prime, but they are kinda slow in terms of attack speed. Haven't tried destreza yet though and I heard it's at least decent. When I was a newb I liked scindo prime with tempo royale, but I grown tired of it; feels like I just spam attack along with holding right click. Also, I used ankyros prime with finishers and it's pretty good, but nikana and broken war does more finisher damage; however ankyros prime is faster with the animations.

Edited by WingGun

9 minutes ago, WingGun said:

Do you switch between sleep arrow and the cloak arrow often? I have trouble switching between the two. I'm guessing you just shoot sleep arrow a bunch and use prowl a bunch. However, you can't regen energy while using prowl. I find equinox nightform excellent as well for this type of playstyle with daggers.

You leave her in prowl and just use Sleep arrows.  You can't regen energy in Prowl, but you can pick up energy orbs, which the steal effect from Prowl helps pull.

The dagger he referred to was equipped with Covert Lethality which, when combined with Ivara's sleep arrow, 1 hits the game since it bypasses armor and deals lethal damage.

Volt / any warframe you like with redeemer (Its better with the high noon stance on it)

Redeemer it self is Op, and can easily get to 40+ mins on it own, any warframe will do, Warframes like mirage would work, more clones more damage, Volt adds more speed.

well, thats what i do, At least. 

7 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

Volt / any warframe you like with redeemer (Its better with the high noon stance on it)

Redeemer it self is Op, and can easily get to 40+ mins on it own, any warframe will do, Warframes like mirage would work, more clones more damage, Volt adds more speed.

well, thats what i do, At least. 

The charge attack from redeemer seems insane. I threw it away because the base stats sucks, but that charge damage is so high. I'll build it now. I think this would fit my playstyle more. I wonder if the charge attack scales from saryn's toxic lash.

Edited by WingGun

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

War

Body Count + Blood Rush

Cleaving Whirlwind

spin2win

Year or Scindo Prime (life strike for safety net if you want). The combo will get up high enough to mitigate damage lost from using Life Strike instead of a damage mod. I use Atlas.

You could always go perma Invis with Loki or Ash (who can get about 20 seconds invis).

Edited by Lanieu

A fully loaded chroma would have no issues. Just refresh your buffs every minute or so and dance around nullifiers. I dont imagine that inaros would either although it is possible he will have issues with damage and/or kill speed depending on the weapon.

I am rather surprised you find the swing speed for zerker single swords to be slow. Give the dual ichors a try if you're into the cleavers. If you want to put in the effort to build out a melee volt he's a boss as well although he really needs shadow step to avoid randomly getting one shot.

Shadow step for  survival is hands down superior to zenurik unless you are on a tank frame.

Invest in arcanes as well. Combo Grace/avenger/fury/strike depending on if you are using a tank or a squishier frame.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

4 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

I am rather surprised you find the swing speed for zerker single swords to be slow. Give the dual ichors a try if you're into the cleavers. If you want to put in the effort to build out a melee volt he's a boss as well although he really needs shadow step to avoid randomly getting one shot.

It's honestly not that slow, but I want a faster swing since blood rush has been released. Prisma cleavers has more status chance than dual ichors, so I prefer it more. Also, slash procs helps somewhat, along with corrosive or viral procs.

Edited by WingGun

Just now, WingGun said:

It's honestly not that slow, but I want a faster swing since blood rush has been released.

You're either going to have to go volt, invest in arcane strike, or find a weapon with a stance that has lots of multihit. I seriously doubt that you would want to give up a mod for fury or quickening.

2 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

You're either going to have to go volt, invest in arcane strike, or find a weapon with a stance that has lots of multihit. I seriously doubt that you would want to give up a mod for fury or quickening.

Why not just get a different weapon class with more attack speed? Like lesion with maiming strike and berserker or prisma cleavers? There's a vast weapon class for a reason.

Edited by WingGun

3 minutes ago, WizMandem94 said:

I did 5 hour survival on ceres using melee just need ivara and a dagger and do finisher kills, can go as long as you want.

Do you switch between sleep arrow and the cloak arrow often? I have trouble switching between the two. I'm guessing you just shoot sleep arrow a bunch and use prowl a bunch. However, you can't regen energy while using prowl. I find equinox nightform excellent as well for this type of playstyle with daggers.

Edited by WingGun

Any weapon with a 10% crit chance or higher will get you where you need to go, as long as you have Blood Rush and Body Count and maybe Maiming Strike and Primed Reach. Range is preferable since you'll want to clear out waves of enemies in groups or whatnot. While the Lesion is a solid melee weapon, it cannot fill this role as well as, say, the Orthos Prime or even the Atterax. This isn't to say the Lesion won't take you to high levels, it's just that with a build capable of getting to high levels, the other weapons I mentioned are better for the job. The Lesion, unfortunately, has the shortest range of all the polearms, and boasts a measly 5% crit chance. With Maiming Strike, it will get to  95% crit on a slide, but it doesn't scale as well with Blood Rush as Orthos P's 100% crit on slide or Atterax's beastly 115% crit on slide (paired with Atterax's 3x crit damage). Within hitting the 1.5x multiplier you get guaranteed red crits on every slide, and their ranges make them absolute monsters for killing crowds.

Don't get it twisted, though, because other weapons can rock Blood Rush/Body Count, too(Galatine, Scindo Prime, Broken-War, Nikana Prime, War, Dex Dakra, Dual Kamas Prime, Jat Kittag, the list goes on), and with the Naramon focus passive Shadow Step, your survivability and DPS just -rocket- upwards. As for Arcanes, you don't really need anything, they're just accessory boosts. Obviously, Fury and Strike will help your melee greatly, but there are others not tied to melee which will also boost survivability, such as Grace or Guardian.

I used tekkos on  trinity prime during that april fools lvs 60-100+ hour long infested alert.

Its entirely possible, but you need to mind your placement, and hold down the block button. The damage reduction you get from it is very helpful.

7 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

Any weapon with a 10% crit chance or higher will get you where you need to go, as long as you have Blood Rush and Body Count and maybe Maiming Strike and Primed Reach. Range is preferable since you'll want to clear out waves of enemies in groups or whatnot. While the Lesion is a solid melee weapon, it cannot fill this role as well as, say, the Orthos Prime or even the Atterax. This isn't to say the Lesion won't take you to high levels, it's just that with a build capable of getting to high levels, the other weapons I mentioned are better for the job. The Lesion, unfortunately, has the shortest range of all the polearms, and boasts a measly 5% crit chance. With Maiming Strike, it will get to  95% crit on a slide, but it doesn't scale as well with Blood Rush as Orthos P's 100% crit on slide or Atterax's beastly 115% crit on slide (paired with Atterax's 3x crit damage). Within hitting the 1.5x multiplier you get guaranteed red crits on every slide, and their ranges make them absolute monsters for killing crowds.

Don't get it twisted, though, because other weapons can rock Blood Rush/Body Count, too(Galatine, Scindo Prime, Broken-War, Nikana Prime, War, Dex Dakra, Dual Kamas Prime, Jat Kittag, the list goes on), and with the Naramon focus passive Shadow Step, your survivability and DPS just -rocket- upwards. As for Arcanes, you don't really need anything, they're just accessory boosts. Obviously, Fury and Strike will help your melee greatly, but there are others not tied to melee which will also boost survivability, such as Grace or Guardian.

Blood rush is obviously a waste for lesion, you are just building lesion wrong. Just go 4 dual status mods on it along with maiming strike and berserker. No need for blood rush and body count on lesion. Even though blood rush is recently released and is a good mod doesn't make it mandatory for all melee weapons. The trick for lesion is to do corrosive procs on the enemy while doing blast procs to perform ground finishers, along with slash procs. It's 100% status chance per hit along with berserker buff (requires only maiming strike to be efficient) and the unique attack speed buff from lesion, just think about that.

Edited by WingGun

8 minutes ago, WingGun said:

Blood rush is obviously a waste for lesion, you are just building lesion wrong.

You have, however, said you use Maiming Strike on the Lesion. It's best to pair up Blood Rush with Maiming Strike, as the crit on slide attacks scales with the bonus of Maiming Strike, making for easy and reliable red-crits as soon as you hit the 1.5x multiplier. As I said, it's totally possible to get to high times in T4S with the Lesion, and this won't pose a problem with the right build, you will find yourself having an easier time using another weapon which can take advantage of the Acolyte mods, as they will be able to kill enemies much faster at any level, meaning there will be fewer enemies alive to kill you. The PDC are also good, since their aug is fantasic, and will absolutely get you where you need to go.

Keep in mind, frame and frame build also matters as well. Zephyr is a good idea since her 3 keeps her safe, but she isn't immune to AoE damage, like Bombard rocket explosions, and the same goes for Mesa. And ice Chroma is exceptionally tanky, but needs a lot of work put in to use him to his fullest potential.

Edited by Exploderizer

7 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

The dagger he referred to was equipped with Covert Lethality which, when combined with Ivara's sleep arrow, 1 hits the game since it bypasses armor and deals lethal damage.

Yeh, I already know this. Works well with equinox nightform as well. Forgot about the stealing ability though.

Edited by WingGun

19 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

I used tekkos on  trinity prime during that april fools lvs 60-100+ hour long infested alert.

Its entirely possible, but you need to mind your placement, and hold down the block button. The damage reduction you get from it is very helpful.

Lol, how did you not die from the poison. Man you are such a beast, man.

Edited by WingGun