The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn, whats the point.

(PSN)official_79

1 minute ago, ZeroGenmu said:

I use to have issues with it not bypassing shields though, unless they fixed it. Which is 1 reason why I don't take her into corpus maps anymore.

...Um, I think you need to rethink your strats. I take Saryn into Augmented Enemy Shields missions and she works decently. Spore + Toxic Lash + attack + attack + attack + attack = a lot of stacked toxin procs that are ignoring the Augmented Shields. Remember that When Spores spread, they don't just spread the Spores themselves, they spread any Toxin procs the first enemy had. Now factor in the fact that all enemies in range have halved health and stacked toxin procs at the same time

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

...Um, I think you need to rethink your strats. I take Saryn into Augmented Enemy Shields missions and she works decently. Spore + Toxic Lash + attack + attack + attack + attack = a lot of stacked toxin procs that are ignoring the Augmented Shields. Remember that When Spores spread, they don't just spread the Spores themselves, they spread any Toxin procs the first enemy had. Now factor in the fact that all enemies in range have halved health and stacked toxin procs at the same time

Really has nothing to do with my strat more with bugs since that's exactly what I use to do except that spore didn't bypass shield when I was doing it lol.

1 minute ago, ZeroGenmu said:

Really has nothing to do with my strat more with bugs since that's exactly what I use to do except that spore didn't bypass shield when I was doing it lol.

I think there's some misunderstanding here. Let me attempt to clear it up.

Spore damage needs to go through shields.

Spore procs affect health regardless.

14 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

Yeah which is bad since the point of spores is to cut health in half so toxin can pick off low health targets. That's the whole point of viral+toxin combo with Saryn. 

The Viral proc happens whether viral damage goes through or not. When a viral proc happens to target with shields, armor, or just health, the target's health get's halved.

1 minute ago, Rambit23Z said:

I think there's some misunderstanding here. Let me attempt to clear it up.

Spore damage needs to go through shields.

Spore procs affect health regardless.

Ah yeah that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I've always thought it was the toxin draining the hp rather than the spore damage since all I see are blue numbers ticking on corpus. 

5 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

OK, a Spore has three parts:

1) Spore damage. Does not bypass shields

2) Viral proc. Bypasses shields

3) Toxin proc. Bypasses shields

#3 does not come stock. You must hit a Spore carrier either with a weapon that can cause Toxin procs (like a Sybaris modded for Toxin damage) or Saryn's Toxic Lash. After that, all Spores in that area SHOULD have #3

(another way is to destroy your Molt with Miasma. Casting Miasma on your Molt automatically makes Molt explode for automatic Toxin proc. This also spreads and Spores that the Molt had on it, and makes Miasma more powerful)

Edited by TARINunit9

Just now, YANJIUDING said:

Saryn can't function without a full team...?

Come to your beloved Draco with your beloved Excalibur and two other leechers. I'll use Saryn and show you something.

Never said she couldn't function without a full team lol

31 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Don't misunderstand my opinions. If I only cared about killing with one button I wouldnt touch Nova, Loki, Nezha, or Atlas. This is the toxicity ive found along the way. So many people are so quick to brand players as "press 4 to winners". Saryn requires a whole team built around her? How bad as a frame can she be? Can she not function unassisted?

2 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

Never said she couldn't function without a full team lol

There's some deficiency in either my English reading skill or his English writing skill or your context relating skill.

To be on topic, spore Saryn with proper weapon can kill almost as much enemies as a full meta team built around Excalibro. Without any assistant.

3 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

There's some deficiency in either my English reading skill or his English writing skill or your context relating skill.

To be on topic, spore Saryn with proper weapon can kill almost as much enemies as a full meta team built around Excalibro. Without any assistant.

He was responding to my Quote which was,  "Her 4 still has the potential of having huge amounts of damage, just requires a bit more effort and a team good team comp." 

Edited by ZeroGenmu

2 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

He was responding to my Quote which was,  "Her 4 still has the potential of having huge amounts of damage, just requires a bit more effort and a team good team comp." 

But I wasn't responding you? I think definitely someone, who was not you, mentioned something like "Saryn can't function without a team lol".

4 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

I was responding to "Saryn requires more of a team built around her". Apologies for not pointing that out

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

And now imagine you could buff your team, every skill, every damage done with toxin.

3 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

But I wasn't responding you? I think definitely someone, who was not you, mentioned something like "Saryn can't function without a team lol".

Yeah a quote would have been nice XD Thought you were responding to me since someone else thought I said the same thing lol. Oh well just a misunderstanding.

20 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

Saryn can't function without a full team...?

Come to your beloved Draco with your beloved Excalibur and two other leechers. I'll use Saryn and show you something.

Are you implying my knowledge of the game isn't substantial? Or that im some noob that runs draco all day?

59 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Her damage is trash at high levels. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one

59 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I was able to kill 6 lvl 100 corrupted heavy gunners with Atlas with a combo I thought up on the spot with great reliability. I was able to kill 20 with Excalibur without a sweat. Another 6 with nova. Another 20 with Wukong and Valkyr. t.

NOT ENOUGH enemys.

More enemys = more damage

Here is an easy 10-step guide

1: Molt

2: Spore on Molt

3: Wait for enemys to shoot the spores or pop them by recastin Molt

4: spread them even more by shooting them (Ignis, Sonicor, Torid are very good for this, use high status chance build that contain Gas or Toxin damage)

5: SPREAD THEM EVEN MORE

6: SPREAD MOAR SPORES!!!

7: don't forget to spread the spores

8: within a fraction of a second everything on the map is infected with a million spores and a million toxin procs

9: if anything is still alive at this point use Miasma

10: enjoy watching level 150+ enemys melt

1 minute ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Are you implying my knowledge of the game isn't substantial? Or that im some noob that runs draco all day?

First of all, if you need a to-go frame for Draco to cap your daily rep/focus quickly, Saryn is your choice. See? That's the answer to your "Saryn, what's the point" question.

Second, check this. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121786002/screenshots/

1 hour ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

What many people see as synergy is truly just dependency.

This is true. Really, Miasma is pretty trash at this point.

However, Spore is probably the best first ability in the game, and its synergy with Toxic Lash makes her a pretty good melee 'frame since you can get energy by attacking.

If you really spam Spore like there’s no tomorrow, you can even nuke with it at Draco’s level range… it’s kinda hilarious.

6 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

First of all, if you need a to-go frame for Draco to cap your daily rep/focus quickly, Saryn is your choice. See? That's the answer to your "Saryn, what's the point" question.

Second, check this. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121786002/screenshots/

I got 36k focus from 4 rounds of draco using excalibur. So still there is no reason to choose Saryn. 

And you failed to answer the question in the quote

11 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one

NOT ENOUGH enemys.

More enemys = more damage

Here is an easy 10-step guide

1: Molt

2: Spore on Molt

3: Wait for enemys to shoot the spores or pop them by recastin Molt

4: spread them even more by shooting them (Ignis, Sonicor, Torid are very good for this, use high status chance build that contain Gas or Toxin damage)

5: SPREAD THEM EVEN MORE

6: SPREAD MOAR SPORES!!!

7: don't forget to spread the spores

8: within a fraction of a second everything on the map is infected with a million spores and a million toxin procs

9: if anything is still alive at this point use Miasma

10: enjoy watching level 150+ enemys melt

i'll make sure to try this in the future, could you show me the build that you used for this?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I got 36k focus from 4 rounds of draco using excalibur. So still there is no reason to choose Saryn. 

And you failed to answer the question in the quote

I got half of that in two rounds quick run just now with random team using Saryn. No Trinity no buffer no corrosive projection. Now try that with excalibro. I think you can get the answer you need by yourself.

To be specific, actually there was one CP and a Nova. Only 46 ability casts. Didn't try hard.

Edited by YANJIUDING