The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

Unus

You know, it just hit me like an absolutely massive slab of concrete. I always talk about how I’m actually createing things and it taking longer and longer to build them, but, I never show evidence that, well, I AM still here, still actually trying to write new and not-already-done peoples, places, and things.

Would you folks want me to plug a link to the sloppy mess that is my modern design bureau, to actually see what I have jammed in storage, what’s actually being worked upon and what’s to come? Or, does that “”ruin the mystique”, seeing “”how the sausage is made””?

Edited by Unus
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-06-29 at 9:43 PM, Unus said:

You know, it just hit me like an absolutely massive slab of concrete. I always talk about how I’m actually createing things and it taking longer and longer to build them, but, I never show evidence that, well, I AM still here, still actually trying to write new and not-already-done peoples, places, and things.

Would you folks want me to plug a link to the sloppy mess that is my modern design bureau, to actually see what I have jammed in storage, what’s actually being worked upon and what’s to come? Or, does that “”ruin the mystique”, seeing “”how the sausage is made””?

👀 Seeing how the sausage is made is always a Good time- and tbh I've always been curious as to How you get to your completed project!

On 2023-08-07 at 2:33 PM, KiTeer said:

👀 Seeing how the sausage is made is always a Good time- and tbh I've always been curious as to How you get to your completed project!

Heh, through a roiling mass of thoughts and a drive to finish what I start! Of course, being that the Pit will likely be alive as long as Warframe is viable, there really isn’t an “end” in sight, especially with all the folks I’ve met here, like you and Mr. Wolf!

So frustrated that I can’t monofocus like I used to and spit something new out constantly and give you all a world’s worth of concepts like I used to, but, I suppose that’s the price of loving to expand into other worlds as well, plus, of course, aging into a job and folks getting bored of what I already have when they want something new and fresh every day.

Here, have a look! So many pieces past and present, monuments to what was and what can still be, if only there were a few more hours in the day to be timely about them!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RsAUyj3OVFc-XKwizOWyIEzdpTI0y8Euu-9gc1hMCkk/edit

Edited by Unus

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Warframe 1999 eh? Fascinating! I saw several concepts I had thought about years ago in there, but, actual time travel? That’s waaayyyy outside what I was expecting! Still need to come down from the horrible agonizing medical crises that I had to struggle through for quite a long time, but, feelin a bit refreshed after playing through Entrati A’s strange plans!

1999. . . is this the timeline that lead to the Warframeaverse as we see it, or is this the seed of a parallel timeline that the Indifference has wrapped itself around? Like the Frameaverse as we know it, but distinct? If it is “”ours””, will there be ripple effects onto the modern age, or have the effects already come to pass upon the timeline as if it had always been that way? Very curious to see where Digital takes this path.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-18 at 9:25 PM, Unus said:

Warframe 1999 eh? Fascinating! I saw several concepts I had thought about years ago in there, but, actual time travel? That’s waaayyyy outside what I was expecting! Still need to come down from the horrible agonizing medical crises that I had to struggle through for quite a long time, but, feelin a bit refreshed after playing through Entrati A’s strange plans!

1999. . . is this the timeline that lead to the Warframeaverse as we see it, or is this the seed of a parallel timeline that the Indifference has wrapped itself around? Like the Frameaverse as we know it, but distinct? If it is “”ours””, will there be ripple effects onto the modern age, or have the effects already come to pass upon the timeline as if it had always been that way? Very curious to see where Digital takes this path.

It's also made a bit weird because there's this feeling of... how do I put this... that one "You'd have to be an idiot not to get all the sloppy details, Morty!"

See, I don't think we exactly transferenced back to 1999. Albrecht is probably in 1999, but there's lots of odd details - Arthur's AK's WF-ish bits, the definitely-not-english writing - that make me suspect we're just seeing a simulation of 1999 as filtered through Albrecht to the future, to us. Sort of like how the Millercule (long story) from the Expanse is not telepathically communicating with Holden, but it is simulating his brain to communicate with him.

I don't think I'm explaining that well (and I don't totally know where I'm going with this) but either way I think some stuff is being translated for us.

Merry Christmas ladies and germs! Mine has been a bit of a family bloodbath of loss, degradation, and general existential terror, but, I hope yours is filled with the childhood wonder and familial delight of my prior decades!

On 12/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's also made a bit weird because there's this feeling of... how do I put this... that one "You'd have to be an idiot not to get all the sloppy details, Morty!"

See, I don't think we exactly transferenced back to 1999. Albrecht is probably in 1999, but there's lots of odd details - Arthur's AK's WF-ish bits, the definitely-not-english writing - that make me suspect we're just seeing a simulation of 1999 as filtered through Albrecht to the future, to us. Sort of like how the Millercule (long story) from the Expanse is not telepathically communicating with Holden, but it is simulating his brain to communicate with him.

I don't think I'm explaining that well (and I don't totally know where I'm going with this) but either way I think some stuff is being translated for us.

I did notice that sincerely! I thought it was one of the Asian languages at first, perhaps Cyrillic next, but, in the end, it seemed like the posters were covered in Tennobet. For Orokin convenience perhaps? Could Albrecht have had an influence upon civilization in that departed year of 1999? Could it be the Man’s influence upon the world, atemporal manipulation covering the walls with Void Tongue?

Sincerely curious about the situation!

Oh, I don’t think your not-making-sense at all! I was honestly thinking in the terms of Assasin’s Creed’s Animus system, Arthur being the Animus Avatar of the situation, and the world framed in the mindset of an Orokin curious about events of that distant age.
   Perhaps the mind-link is burdened by the viewpoint of the Orokoid child/ survivalist who transfers into Arthur and begins marionetteing them. Arthur sees the world as it is, but the Tenno that we are sees the world “”as it’s suppose to be””.

I can think of a few ways the time travel might work, perhaps a portion of the Void where time flows in a reverse manner, perhaps the fascinating possibility that portions of the Void correspond to areas of linear time in a nonlinear manner, fitting in with the ol Entrati brain-busting view of reality, dimensional parallelism, etc. Big thing I’m curious about, do you think there’s but one machine that was a part of  the Entrati’s eclectic collection of wonders, or do you think actually using a machine like it will be how we directly access 1999? Probably just vessel transference like we did before, but, always love to muse about what-ifs! 

Happppyyyyy new year from the PIT!

I’m so sorry about this year’s lacking production this year, things went. . . quite south in the latter-half. I wish it hadn’t, but, alas, what can you do? Here’s hoping that I can push past it, and here’s hoping that your new year will be wonderous!

I still have content to come, don’t you weirdly, and, with any luck, Mayhaps I’ll even be back to doing this special thing called “Commenting on others works.” As well! Wouldn’t THAT be a shock!

Hope to see you all soon!

Unus, the annoyingly tardy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HAHAHA! EUREKA! For but a few moments, the SPARK kindled! A breakthrough occured! Oh how I missed this feeling! Come folks, have a look, this old man returns with something worth reading!

(Blade-who’s-tip-rift-teleports-to-foes-aimed-at conceived circa 14:37 on 5/25/2023. Completed circa 21:29 on 2/20/2024.)

Designation: Amphismela Duvar

Weapon Designation: Rapier

Manufacturer: Custom, Albruque Entrati.

Statistical Breakdown: 

Spoiler

Type: Rapier

Mastery Rank Requisite: 

Max Rank: 11

Slot: Melee

Trigger Type: N/A.

Attack Speed:1.00 Speed

Block Angle: 60’

Combo Duration: 5 Seconds.

Disposition: ?????

Follow Through: 1.0X

Range: 2.50 m

Noise Level: Silent

Sweep Radius: 0.25

Total Damage: 80.00% Puncture, 15% Slash, 5% Radiation.

Attack Speed: 1.08X Animation Speed

Crit Chance: 21.00%

Crit Multiplier: 2.5X

Fire Rate: 1.00

Status Chance: 28.00%

Heavy Damage: 738.00

Slam Damage: 492

Radial Damage: 

Wind-Up: 

Slam Attack;

Slam Damage:

Slam Radius: 7.00

Radial Damage:

Slide Damage:179.00

Miscellaneous; 

Compatability Tags: RAPIER_STANCE

Riven Family: Amphismela Duvar

Polarities: Naramon

Sell Price: 

Stance Polarity: Naramon

Special Trait(s):  

Spoiler

I Split The Skein

As long as the wielder has shielding energy available, the Amphismela Duvar is capable of attacking targeted enemies at least 30 meters away, though each swing costs it’s current damage number in personal shielding. Any less is not used, and the weapon will simply be swung as a standard melee weapon. The same applies if the target is within it’s normal close range or if there is no target being aimed at.

Appearence:

Spoiler

Starting life as an experimental tool to test the invisible and omnipresent barrier that divides the dust of reality from the potentiality of the Void, the item has been significantly elevated above it’s origins. The enlarged xacto-style surgical blade, once gleaming and chrome, has been snapped off at the midpoint, and the lower end of the blade is tainted with the touch of the void into prisma crystal. The new tip of the blade has been spliced onto the old with now-prisma struts and a flickering Morphics globule, shining an extremely dark purple and black, like an energized piece of obsidian. The Morphics glob flickers back and forth in reflected lighting between the dark purple-black of the new blade and the dull cyan of the prisms, as if unsure of what to become a facsimile of. The enlarged seriglass grip (orokin-sized) retains it’s xacto-style appearance, but has had it’s shield-drone emitters rearranged into the style of a rapier’s crossbar, projecting their shielding up and along the blade just offset from the cutting points by mere nanometers. When swiped at close range, nothing occurs beyond basic melee maneuvers, but, when a target is acquired at long range, a void rift opens for mere moments with a crack of shattering glass, projecting the tip of the blade through the potentiality of the Void to emerge near the designated target, striking it. 

“Basic” Description:  

Spoiler

In the ancient days of the Orokin Empire, at its apex, Albrecht Entrati began his first experiments in actively attempting to access the Void itself beyond the theorems that danced through his mind and laid themselves upon his documents. While others prior had had luck in creating tiny temporary holes for use in the defensive technology of shielding, no one had ever been able to actually bring something back from this “elsewhere”. Albrecht set out to change that through his “weaponization” of that very same technology to create a tool that would allow him to carve holes in reality wherever he pleased. After many attempts that resulted in many of the experimental prototypes being sucked into the Void, a particularly vivid dream he had inspired him to alter his sleek surgical implement into a more “primitive” shape. It was this version that became the basis for the cutters that allowed Albrecht to open the Void for a single person to traverse through, and it was also this version which was also sucked into the beyond when the containment bell was shattered, seemingly to be never seen again. 

In truth, one “day”, in that esoteric land known as Duviri, a peaceful island was accosted with an unending deluge of the very same blades, each a carbon copy of the other, and depopulated to the very last. Nobles collected the blades by the hundreds before the isle was unmoored as a lost cause, and, after a period of much turmoil resulting from the whimsical use of these blades, they were shuttered into storage compartments and armories the isles over, forgotten as yet another strange legend in Duviri history. Twas not till the time of the Drifter’s escape till the Tenno found these pieces of history, strewn in the lost and forgotten detritus of decaying Duviri, once a tool of science, now a cleaving blade to wield against the encroaching gloom.

Edited by Unus
Completed circa 2/20/2024 at 22:03.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 9:02 PM, Unus said:

HAHAHA! EUREKA! For but a few moments, the SPARK kindled! A breakthrough occured! Oh how I missed this feeling! Come folks, have a look, this old man returns with something worth reading!

(Blade-who’s-tip-rift-teleports-to-foes-aimed-at conceived circa 14:37 on 5/25/2023. Completed circa 21:29 on 2/20/2024.)

Statistical Breakdown: 

Reveal hidden contents

Mastery Rank Requisite: 

Radial Damage: 

Wind-Up: 

Slam Attack;

Slam Damage:

Radial Damage:

Miscellaneous; 

Sell Price: 

Special Trait(s):  

Reveal hidden contents

I Split The Skein

As long as the wielder has shielding energy available, the Amphismela Duvar is capable of attacking targeted enemies at least 30 meters away, though each swing costs it’s current damage number in personal shielding. Any less is not used, and the weapon will simply be swung as a standard melee weapon. The same applies if the target is within it’s normal close range or if there is no target being aimed at.

Appearence:

Reveal hidden contents

Starting life as an experimental tool to test the invisible and omnipresent barrier that divides the dust of reality from the potentiality of the Void, the item has been significantly elevated above it’s origins. The enlarged xacto-style surgical blade, once gleaming and chrome, has been snapped off at the midpoint, and the lower end of the blade is tainted with the touch of the void into prisma crystal. The new tip of the blade has been spliced onto the old with now-prisma struts and a flickering Morphics globule, shining an extremely dark purple and black, like an energized piece of obsidian. The Morphics glob flickers back and forth in reflected lighting between the dark purple-black of the new blade and the dull cyan of the prisms, as if unsure of what to become a facsimile of. The enlarged seriglass grip (orokin-sized) retains it’s xacto-style appearance, but has had it’s shield-drone emitters rearranged into the style of a rapier’s crossbar, projecting their shielding up and along the blade just offset from the cutting points by mere nanometers. When swiped at close range, nothing occurs beyond basic melee maneuvers, but, when a target is acquired at long range, a void rift opens for mere moments with a crack of shattering glass, projecting the tip of the blade through the potentiality of the Void to emerge near the designated target, striking it. 

“Basic” Description:  

Reveal hidden contents

In the ancient days of the Orokin Empire, at its apex, Albrecht Entrati began his first experiments in actively attempting to access the Void itself beyond the theorems that danced through his mind and laid themselves upon his documents. While others prior had had luck in creating tiny temporary holes for use in the defensive technology of shielding, no one had ever been able to actually bring something back from this “elsewhere”. Albrecht set out to change that through his “weaponization” of that very same technology to create a tool that would allow him to carve holes in reality wherever he pleased. After many attempts that resulted in many of the experimental prototypes being sucked into the Void, a particularly vivid dream he had inspired him to alter his sleek surgical implement into a more “primitive” shape. It was this version that became the basis for the cutters that allowed Albrecht to open the Void for a single person to traverse through, and it was also this version which was also sucked into the beyond when the containment bell was shattered, seemingly to be never seen again. 

In truth, one “day”, in that esoteric land known as Duviri, a peaceful island was accosted with an unending deluge of the very same blades, each a carbon copy of the other, and depopulated to the very last. Nobles collected the blades by the hundreds before the isle was unmoored as a lost cause, and, after a period of much turmoil resulting from the whimsical use of these blades, they were shuttered into storage compartments and armories the isles over, forgotten as yet another strange legend in Duviri history. Twas not till the time of the Drifter’s escape till the Tenno found these pieces of history, strewn in the lost and forgotten detritus of decaying Duviri, once a tool of science, now a cleaving blade to wield against the encroaching gloom.

I love this idea. I always wanted to like gunblades, but I like swords too much.

plus my volt has an abundance of shields / overshields so I could make great use of the trait! 

On 2024-02-20 at 8:02 PM, Unus said:

Statistical Breakdown: 

Hide contents

Mastery Rank Requisite: 

Radial Damage: 

Wind-Up: 

Slam Attack;

Slam Damage:

Radial Damage:

Miscellaneous; 

Sell Price: 

Special Trait(s):  

Hide contents

I Split The Skein

Appearence:

Reveal hidden contents

“Basic” Description:  

Reveal hidden contents

I think this is truly some of your best work =D

On 3/1/2024 at 1:43 AM, voltocitygel said:

I love this idea. I always wanted to like gunblades, but I like swords too much.

plus my volt has an abundance of shields / overshields so I could make great use of the trait! 

(Pologies, grandparent death, funerary planning, what a mess.)

Fascinating! I have had a few similar designs in the past, but never quite as long-ranged as I’ve gone for here! A few hours after properly reading, hildryn and mag slowly came to mind as specific cases, but I had forgotten Volt’s ability to push the shielding limits! Much more viability!

On 3/3/2024 at 1:44 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I think this is truly some of your best work =D

OH, thank you sir! I’d been meaning to get back in the saddle for so long, it was so hard for reasons I can’t seem to fathom! Yet, there it is! The time gap is long, but there’s always something! Need to get back to YOUR section soon suh on my part!

• Like 1

On 2024-03-09 at 3:56 PM, Unus said:

(Pologies, grandparent death, funerary planning, what a mess.)

I've been there too, Unus. I know I've been very distant from you, especially on twitter that one time, but... I do want you to know, I'm truly sorry for your loss. I've lost all my grandparents by now.

My paternal grandma's death hit especially hard.

You don't have to apologize for any of it. Real life comes first, naw exceptions.

On 2024-03-09 at 3:56 PM, Unus said:

but I had forgotten Volt’s ability to push the shielding limits! Much more viability!

When I take stuff like that into account, I like to call it "Pre-breaking" the gun. Why do so many of the combo-focused guns I've made have punchthrough? Cause I was pre-breaking it. :P