Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagger better element choice

-GothKazu-

Question

Dark Dagger, status build.

Radiation is unchanging

So the question is: "The power of three, but what 3?

Radiation, Blast, and Corrosive? Or Radiation, Gas, and MagnetiC

Changing this around is just a case of swapping two mods places so space isn't an issue. I just don't want to change config too often, or at all if possible.

12 answers to this question

Radiation (Alloy Armor) Blast (Machinery) Corrosive (Ferrite Armor) would logically be best against Grineer, and pretty handy in the Void as well, while Radiation (Robotics) Magnetic (Shields) Gas (proc bypasses Shields) would be better for Corpus and maybe Infested, though if you have Covert Lethality, damage is somewhat moot.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

some options that sound tempting to me:

Radiation, Corrosive, Ice
Radation, Viral, Electricity
Radation, Blast, Electricity
Radation, Viral
Radiation, Gas, Electricty

2 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I run radiation and viral, personally:

MkTmKPD.jpg

Both of you say Rad + Viral

Why?

personally, I run corrosive+heat, mostly because that's what my mod space allows me too, I couldn't get 3 combos even if I wanted to. I use this build:

pressure point, covert lethality, fury, reach (primed), blight mod (the augment), and 3 dual stat elemental mods for corrosive+heat 

7 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

Why?

If covert lethality doesn't kill them, the high status and speed pretty much mean I can stack viral and rad procs pretty fast, providing some cc and lowering hp. TBH it doesn't matter much because I only really use it for Covert Lethality.

3 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

If covert lethality doesn't kill them, the high status and speed pretty much mean I can stack viral and rad procs pretty fast, providing some cc and lowering hp. TBH it doesn't matter much because I only really use it for Covert Lethality.

If Covert Lethality doesn't kill it then you should be running in the opposite direction lmao?

4 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

If Covert Lethality doesn't kill it then you should be running in the opposite direction lmao?

Nah, it's not like the dagger is weak, and I only use it on Ivara/Equinox/Inaros on slept/stunned targets, it's fast enough to spam quickly and take out even high level targets lllin a few swings, and if not it means I need to reapply sleep/stun.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Nah, it's not like the dagger is weak, and I only use it on Ivara/Equinox/Inaros on slept/stunned targets, it's fast enough to spam quickly and take out even high level targets lllin a few swings, and if not it means I need to reapply sleep/stun.

Lol trust me, I know. I rock the Dark Dagger all day every day on my "FinisherFrames" (Excal/Ivara/Ash/Inaros/ Loki w/ stealth kill/etc)

12 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

Why?

because Radiation and Viral Status is useful. Viral moreso than Radiation IMO, but having less Elemental Types means you get all present Status Effects more often. so Viral more often.