Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner Questions

ReyZk

Question

According to Steam I'm roughly ~70 hours into the game.So far I've had a total blast with this game,but I've recently hit a stagnating point.

Currently I am using Rhino as my warframe and have Valkyr coming up in a day or two.For my primary I've somehow obtained the Dread and have dumped one forma and one orokin catalyst into it and have spent most of my duplicates and fusion cores into it and some mods for Rhino.I've done some research and it seems like the next thing I should work towards would be a Nyx Prime since the parts can be acquired from T3 and below.My problem right now is that I don't know if people would be willing to take me on T3 exterminates considering I am only Mastery Rank 5.I've tried doing excavations on that one Neptune mission for T3 keys but I get swarmed by enemies and farming for Frost seems out of reach.I've also joined a clan but the chat is dead 90% of the time,and I haven't seen any clans recruiting for beginners recently either.I've also tried to farm for my mods,but I don't know of any place appropriate for my current level.

I'm not the most sociable person ever,so I don't know anyone that would be willing to let me leech off them.

In general I'm confused about what I should try to do next,so if anybody with more experience has any tips for me I would really appreciate it.

Edited by ReyZk

8 answers to this question

My tips to you based on this:

Join "Elysium Noire" there's no MR requirement and they're pretty active.

Don't worry about Prime anything until at least MR (Mastery Rank) 8.

Try to unlock (not complete, but just have access to) all the nodes on the planets you have available.

Try to obtain mods that will help your Rhino stand up to ~Lvl40-ish enemies like power strength and efficiecy mods and the like.

Just have have fun. Don't worry about what to do next. Just log in, feel like doing something, set your mode to 'Public' and go do it. I've seen MR 3's ,still rocking a full set of MK-1 weapons, jump their behinds in Sorties or be the first one to call dibs on a spot in a Raid.

Warframe is all about having fun,getting shiny toys and shinier stabby things

If you need T3 keys investigate syndicate void packs. Do'nt know if it's an option for PC users but on PS4 you can buy a pack for 25000 standing with 3 random keys but usually there's a T3 included. Am just putting it out there.

Other thing I might add is that my Rhino build for stomp is very short duration. Found it much better for solo play and may be good for when you want to protect the excavators.

I am a Nyx fan and still play her a lot and progressed very far with Nyx and a Huras kubrow but the real frame that gave me a tremendous boost was loki. But loki is ver tough to start out with and it takes time and some investment to mod well.

And prime frames are'nt esssential. I only farmed for primes when I got to Mr10.

Am sure you'll get a lot of good advice and help from other players.

Just do'nt give up, take it slow and easy, have a blast and remember a lot of guys have done it solo.

Oh, and do'nt go solo without having enough energy, health and ammo restores equipped.

Edited by (PS4)deadbeef001

Hopefully your new clan can help you out, but don't be too afraid of the Void.  I started doing Void stuff a bit earlier in my MR than you and I was fine (was using my starter frame Mag and a Boltor).  Having someone there help you isn't a bad thing either.  Now I run with lower MR players in the void and they are fine.

Like other have suggested make sure you have decent weapons and some good survivability on your frame.  For higher level endless void missions I would suggest looking at a weapon that good aoe clear. I know most use the Tonkor (and I enjoy it still too), and shotguns are generally used too (my beginning build Hek when I was doing T3 was pretty good but fell off around level 55 enemies).

So give it a go, start from T1 and work your way up until you feel comfortable.  Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.  We were all lower MR at one point in time :)

easy enough, I can accompany you on your hunt... just one problem, I might not always have all the keys that can be used to hunt the primes that you're interested in :3

hehehe XD

PM me in game, I'll help you out if I'm not busy with my friends ahahaha :)

as for your rhino use your 2 (iron skin) and 3 (roar) together that will make you not take damage as long as both are active. put corrosive + punch thru on your rifle and go for headshots in the void don't try to face tank and use the sorroundings as your cover as much as possible. melee nullies and occasionally stomp if overwhelmed.

duration and range is better off on rhino than modding for strength and youll be fine to do  the void any level as long as your weapons are  decently modded. also steel fiber instead of redirection. t3 isn't as tough as you think and even an unmodded frame can survive a 1 hr run easily.

Edited by ranks21