Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax or War. Throw your 2 cents!

Klazik

Question

Hello fellow Tenno!

So I'm trying to decide between 2 weapons here, and since I've been away for a year or so I have trouble deciding.

In the case I go for a solo def mission with Loki I need to make a decision for a melee weapon. It needs to be able to clear the area around the pod when the enemies come close, so I need some advice, theories and so on!

I built the Atterax and it seems to do okay against high level enemies. The range is a big plus for clearing the pod area. But it has come to my attention that War seems to have supreme damage and also has great reach.

So the question is: What do you think would be best?

Also if you have any other suggestion I would like to hear you out!

13 answers to this question

I'll go test both, but I think War with Tempo is better.

Edit: War may not have as much reach (Until you add a maxed Primed Reach) or as good in the critical department, but it comes out with very high base damage and good enough critical stats to turn it into a Red Crit machine, given it can't get to "red crit" status as fast as the Atterax can, but when it does get there it destroys everything.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

You will most likely get more bang your your buck with war and a CW simply because the multipliers on the broken bull combo are just that much better. I think the atterax has a longer range and much wider sweep attacks with burning wasps pause combo which has x2 360degree sweeps in it. If you have the weeping wound mod you can also test out a crit/slash proc build with the atterax that may do a bit better against very high level heavies.

Atterax has a superior quick melee/slide attack, if you want to keep a gun out (to fire at range, hit aerial enemies, proc a syndicate mod).

Otherwise, War will do more damage on the occasional swing, and at around x3 combo, Atterax will either out damage War (due to its bleed procs), or have near twice its range (depending on if you put Primed Reach on it or not).

8 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

If I had to pick between War and Atterax, I would choose Nikana Prime! (with Blind Justice stance) That thing is amazing with Blood Rush and Body Count!

But yea, War is my #2 :)

I always felt like the Nikanas were over rated. They look awesome but there were always a better weapon.

7 hours ago, Roboplus said:

Atterax has a superior quick melee/slide attack, if you want to keep a gun out (to fire at range, hit aerial enemies, proc a syndicate mod).

Otherwise, War will do more damage on the occasional swing, and at around x3 combo, Atterax will either out damage War (due to its bleed procs), or have near twice its range (depending on if you put Primed Reach on it or not).

I was definently going to slot Primed Reach.

You make some good points. Guess I need to consider how much I use the melee.

Edited by Klazik

Sorry for double posting, but I might add that Orthos Prime also would be a prime candidate hue hue.

In all seriousness now.. It seems to be a somewhat middleground between the 2 weapons? I could be wrong. Any inputs regarding this?

Well, it's easy to compare War with Atterax because they're both crit weapons. And while any weapon can be made to crit reliably with Body Count/Blood Rush (mostly for use with Berserker), Orthos Prime's 10% crit chance just doesn't cut it as a weapon. It's difficult to compare because crit weapons are modded differently than status or raw damage weapons.

Tipedo might be a more appropriate middle ground between the two (but I'm not sure; I'm not familiar with its range). Not to discount the potential Orthos Prime offers, just that the discussion up until this point seemed to be about crit weapons.

14 hours ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Which mission level?

For normal starchart and alerts Atterax is the best.

For sortie it's War.

High level as in "not on the regular star chart"

16 hours ago, Roboplus said:

Well, it's easy to compare War with Atterax because they're both crit weapons. And while any weapon can be made to crit reliably with Body Count/Blood Rush (mostly for use with Berserker), Orthos Prime's 10% crit chance just doesn't cut it as a weapon. It's difficult to compare because crit weapons are modded differently than status or raw damage weapons.

Tipedo might be a more appropriate middle ground between the two (but I'm not sure; I'm not familiar with its range). Not to discount the potential Orthos Prime offers, just that the discussion up until this point seemed to be about crit weapons.

I forgot to consider the fact that Orthos doesn't have the lovely crit. My bad..

Tipedo huh? Always thought it was just a copter weapon.