Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Builds

(XBOX)Me Myselfe And

Question

8 answers to this question

The obvious; start with Serration and Split Chamber for base damage, then Point Strike and Vital Sense for crits, and 2 elemental mods for the enemy faction you are shooting.

This leaves you 2 "optional" slots on the Soma...

• Ammo mutation helps a lot, since Soma is a hungry hungry gun.
  • Shred helps you get up to full speed faster and is a straight up DPS increase in all situations.
  • Heavy Caliber increases damage of hits to torso significantly, but reduces the effective range you can score head shots at (and, being crit-based, Soma rewards head shots in a big way)
  • A third element or a Bane mode can increase increase your damage by a good chunk

Any 2 of these will work fine, use the combination you like the most.  It's not worth trying to get all hypothetical theory-crafty on the Soma Prime, it's a beast of a gun no matter what you do.

Split chamber, serration, point strike, vital sense, argon scope/shred/hammer shot, bladed rounds, 2x 90% elements

If you dont have Shadow debt mods, use shred, hammer shot or heavy caliber

Edited by Myscho

I personally use:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Bladed Rounds, Stormbringer, Infected Clip. You can swap out viral for corrosive if you aren't doing super high level stuff.

This build gives about 32k burst DPS with bladed rounds active. You could swap out bladed rounds for argon scope, and while that will give you a 15.5% chance for red crits which would do 13.2 x crit dmg, having bladed rounds actually gives you more DPS.

If you don't have acolyte mods then Shred is the best substitute.

4 minutes ago, Ins. said:

This build gives about 32k burst DPS with bladed rounds active. You could swap out bladed rounds for argon scope, and while that will give you a 15.5% chance for red crits which would do 13.2 x crit dmg, having bladed rounds actually gives you more DPS.

assuming you can keep bladed rounds up with a kill every 8 seconds

12 minutes ago, Ins. said:

If you can't then something is terribly wrong.

i wouldn't know, never brought it on a survival or defense for that long and the only things i bothered scanning to test on in the simulacrum were corrupted bombards so i wouldn't know how fast it'd mow down other enemies set at lvl 120 =P

Edited by Cryozar

14 minutes ago, Cryozar said:

i wouldn't know, never brought it on a survival or defense for that long and the only things i bothered scanning to test on in the simulacrum were corrupted bombards so i wouldn't know how fast it'd mow down other enemies set at lvl 120 =P

Trash enemies are easy to clear.So unless there's only bombards or eximus units you should be fine. :P