The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming charge attacks are going to be like pre melee 2.0 ?

TeaBegging

I heard it multiple times on streams, I am not sure if they already implemented these charge attacks. Because some melee weapons do have them but I find them boring as they all are nearly the same. 

I miss the old charge attacks before melee 2.0, Good old times with the awesome animations that came along with these charge attacks. I was actually sad when they removed them for melee 2.0 because I liked those awesome animations.

For people who haven't seen them, boy did you miss out. The orthos prime charge attacks, Hate/Reaper prime, Jat kittag, and the almighty Galatine. #Youwillbemissed

Just now, ChatNinja said:

All things considered the charge attacks are pretty useless but I think something to make them even just a bit more viable is to let us use them without equipping the melee weapon. I miss the spin to win with the Jat kittag.

Well that was the main reason why I was sad, because doing charge attacks without equipping was way cooler and gave you that momentum to finish an enemy off if you were out of bullets.

The huge problem with current charge attacks is it's a "Charge Attack" singular not plural...

For instance you charge attack a Nikana P it attacks once with a strong sounding sound effect. Nothing much is different.

Imo a charge attack should instead of being one quick slash or swing maybe just a very quick combo in itself. So for instance you charge an attack it attacks 3-5 times in succession with 100% attack speed buff(hence the charge). I mean if you waste that millisecond to charge the attack it should do more than just swing hard and make a sound effect.

5 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

The huge problem with current charge attacks is it's a "Charge Attack" singular not plural...

For instance you charge attack a Nikana P it attacks once with a strong sounding sound effect. Nothing much is different.

Imo a charge attack should instead of being one quick slash or swing maybe just a very quick combo in itself. So for instance you charge an attack it attacks 3-5 times in succession with 100% attack speed buff(hence the charge). I mean if you waste that millisecond to charge the attack it should do more than just swing hard and make a sound effect.

Well the damage was insane back at melee 1.0, You didn't need that 5 quick hits. It was just one because charge attacks had their own damage bonus. And mods.

Just now, TeaBegging said:

Well the damage was insane back at melee 1.0, You didn't need that 5 quick hits. It was just one because charge attacks had their own damage bonus. And mods.

Yea but I think right now they're aiming more for it to flow with what you're doing more than just charge it for when you get near an enemy. Which is an excellent way to go. I love thing that flow with gameplay more than just hinder it altogether *cough* Limbo.

I didn't play the game when the original charge attacks were a thing, but as they are now they are useless and shouldn't have been implemented in their current state. Initial swing before a charge, messing up some of the melee combos, not being able to charge with quick melee with all the weapons - these things really break charge attacks. On top of that, charge attacks don't do that much damag and there are no mods for them. Right now I have only negative things to say about them.

A step in a good direction would be to rebind charge to a different key, but I have seen numerous arguments that it might be problematic for the console players. So yeah.

The problem with the old charge attacks was that they were way to over powered with certain weapons *cough*galatine*cough* and sucked with most others to the point where people only ever used those good weapons and spammed charge attacks all day long.

Although don't get me wrong I like charge attacks and I feel the new ones might need some tweaking also I did like the original charge attack animations.

Just now, shadowfire380 said:

The problem with the old charge attacks was that they were way to over powered with certain weapons *cough*galatine*cough* and sucked with most others to the point where people only ever used those good weapons and spammed charge attacks all day long.

Although don't get me wrong I like charge attacks and I feel the new ones might need some tweaking also I did like the original charge attack animations.

Well isn't this happen now either, people tend to use weapons that are usually better then other ones. That's how the meta works.

16 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

That's because melee 1.0 meant charge attacks were the only viable way to melee.

Melee 2.0 made almost all weapons viable without the need of charge attacks.

If we brought back melee 1.0 charge attacks with a few tweaks we could have a better melee system.