Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods: Not everyone always gets the same mods?

Tomppak

Question

While playing with friends, we've noticed that everybody gets the same loot, which is fun an nice, and we always mark mods for each other when we find them.

However, lately we've encountered moments where one player gets a different drop from others. This seems to happen most often when one player gets a rare mod, while the rest gain common or uncommon mods. For example, in a tower mission, I found a rare mod for my sentinel - I think it was the one that creates a shield around you when you revive a team mate - but when the rest of the gang came over to pick it up, they reported a common mod - can't remember which one, but it was something like trick mag or vitality.

Is this intended behavior? Is this maybe some sort of a sync problem, or is it affected by other things, like the fact that I was the only player who owned a sentinel (or rather, blueprints at that point) while none of the others did?

I've also noticed that sometimes resource pick-ups seem to give different amounts of resources to different players (one player getting 9 oxium, another getting 11). Is this common and intended behavior?

3 answers to this question

What Devoid said.

I should also add that you can tell which mods are randomized and which are not. When you mark the mod if it says the name of the mod it will be the same for everyone. If it just says "mod" or something like that then it's a randomized mod, that drops from containers in the Void

As for resources, yes, most of them drop in varied quantity and it might be different for each player. The only exception are the ones that always drop as single resource (Neurode, Morphics, Orokin Cell, etc)

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

Void and a few other locations can have random mod from specific containers. Its always beneficial to check these mods if an ally marks them - they will show as just module - since they are different for each player and can range from ammo drum to rare ability mods like Intensify, Continuity, and even Rage.