The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Frame Confirmed! Vauban Prime!

(PSN)Elctrcstel

4 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Indeed. And given that we will most likely get Vauban Prime the Same way we got Saryn Prime, it's not as if Ballas was in any way involved, we are still just raiding ancient, empty (Other than Corrupted) Orokin Towers in the Void.

As you say, why would Ballas help us after what the Tenno did to the Orokin? You'd have to make-up things from whole-cloth that we have no reason to suspect currenlty, like: what if Ballas has some Tenno with him who are still loyal to the Orokin, or at least to him?

Either way, what we have now doesn't make a lot of sense and, honestly, I've worried that the preview voiceover is actually "Out of game" representing what a theoretical "Ghost of Ballas" might say.

Really we need context for these little trailers or they just give us more confusion.

The best I can consider is like you noted: it's old words for an old problem that just happens to remain applicable in the present. Same performance, merely different actors. As it's said in Transistor: When everything changes, nothing changes.

If we can get some context and chronology for the statements, should clear up matters hopefully.

(Although I will admit, whoever the heck DE have got to do Ballas' Voice Over work, he is very good at what he does from what we've gotten so far)

4 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

The manner in which the dialogue was said in the trailer indicates that it was a narration of a letter/message that Ballas sent to Vauban. A mission briefing if you will. He's telling Vauban about the corruptness of the Corpus, and how they must purge them. He give Vauban this information, "For your/his Consideration."

Actually, no.

The dialogue is more in line with a sales pitch. Grammatically, it sounds more like "For your consideration: Vauban" than "for your consideration, Vauban" where the former is the Close of the presentation and what he actually states (best as I can transcribe from sound alone). Discussing a thing, not talking to a specific individual. Vauban isn't, after all, an individual but simply a Warframe classification. (For what we know as of this time).

Indeed, the entire piece effectively goes 'Ballas notes he has a flaw then immediately brings up greed and the damage it causes, individuals profitering off of the war and he has an answer to that problem, probably shows something...then closes the presentation -  "For your consideration: Vauban". Doesn't deviate very far from the source material to evaluate, either. Saying nothing of how the Corpus as we know them and how the Orokin used the term is vastly different; I'd sooner argue Ballas is talking about smugglers in the Empire's timeline than is actually talking modern day because...well...that's a problem for the reasons SilentMobius outlined earlier on.

Now supposing my understanding of the language is correct in its intent and suggested audience, Ballas seems to be someone on the rise thanks to the Warframe technology he's either enabling development of, or has controlling investment in. Can't imagine Margulis would ever have supported such things...but that's okay, Ballas notes in the Saryn Prime trailer she's already dead by this point so he likely has a lot more liberties to make the Tenno useful to his own ends.  I may be wrong of course, it is just conjecture...but it may be interesting to consider. Before the war, were Tenno effectively shipped off as a kind of commodity due to the Warframe system? We don't know as yet...but I'd be willing to entertain the possibility after listening to what he says here a few times now.

Any event, apologies for going on, as ever.

8 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

The best I can consider is like you noted: it's old words for an old problem that just happens to remain applicable in the present. Same performance, merely different actors. As it's said in Transistor: When everything changes, nothing changes.

If we can get some context and chronology for the statements, should clear up matters hopefully.

(Although I will admit, whoever the heck DE have got to do Ballas' Voice Over work, he is very good at what he does from what we've gotten so far)

Actually, no.

The dialogue is more in line with a sales pitch. Grammatically, it sounds more like "For your consideration: Vauban" than "for your consideration, Vauban" where the former is the Close of the presentation and what he actually states (best as I can transcribe from sound alone). Discussing a thing, not talking to a specific individual. Vauban isn't, after all, an individual but simply a Warframe classification. (For what we know as of this time).

Indeed, the entire piece effectively goes 'Ballas notes he has a flaw then immediately brings up greed and the damage it causes, individuals profitering off of the war and he has an answer to that problem, probably shows something...then closes the presentation -  "For your consideration: Vauban". Doesn't deviate very far from the source material to evaluate, either. Saying nothing of how the Corpus as we know them and how the Orokin used the term is vastly different; I'd sooner argue Ballas is talking about smugglers in the Empire's timeline than is actually talking modern day because...well...that's a problem for the reasons SilentMobius outlined earlier on.

Now supposing my understanding of the language is correct in its intent and suggested audience, Ballas seems to be someone on the rise thanks to the Warframe technology he's either enabling development of, or has controlling investment in. Can't imagine Margulis would ever have supported such things...but that's okay, Ballas notes in the Saryn Prime trailer she's already dead by this point so he likely has a lot more liberties to make the Tenno useful to his own ends.  I may be wrong of course, it is just conjecture...but it may be interesting to consider. Before the war, were Tenno effectively shipped off as a kind of commodity due to the Warframe system? We don't know as yet...but I'd be willing to entertain the possibility after listening to what he says here a few times now.

Any event, apologies for going on, as ever.

No that's actually quite valid as well. I suppose it could be interpreted both ways.