The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Teaser - Thoughts and ideas

Skinner1818

So after watching the new teaser for the War Within (more than once it must be said) I was struck with some ideas as to what could be happening. I have jotted them down below, they are by no means correct, but what I consider to be a good guess.

1.      They seem to know about the true nature of the Tenno. This is very unusual as only the Lotus and the Tenno themselves know about their nature. During the time of the Orokin, only high ranking Orokin knew the truth about the Tenno.

2.      It could be possible that the old woman in the trailer is a very ancient Orokin, possibly a survivor of the fall of the Orokin empire. We know that this is possible due to the survival of the stalker, and Teshin.

3.      The way the little girl refers to the old woman as ‘Sister’. To me, this seems more like the religious use of the word Sister, meaning she is part of a cult or religion. But a cult worshipping what? The Void itself? We know from the Cephalon Simaris lore sections that there were members of the Orokin who survived and had Void based abilities. To some people she could be viewed as a god like figure and could have been turned into a living idol.

4.      The chamber that they are sat in is also kind of similar to that of the Tenno operators. The black chains look to me to be an imitation of the neural connections from the back of the operators chair, meaning that they could be controlling something.

5.      The conjunction. This to me sounds like what DE are going to call the collapse of the Void, with the Void and real space merging back together. This would take some power, and as we know the operators are living conduits of void energy. Could this woman be using these ‘Beasts’ to lure the operators out?

6.      We know that the focus system is going to change from Pax. What I think will happen is that these ‘Beasts’ will be able to consume void energy released by the operators when they appear in their spectral forms from out of the Warframe. Either that or they are also resistant to the voids energies and are able to go into Orokin towers without being taken over by the neural sentries. The armour they are wearing seems like it could be some sort of anti-void suit.

7. When the trailer first starts, there are some banners hanging on the walls which have a twisting pattern and a symbol at the bottom. Could this be the symbol of the new faction?

UPDATE:

8. From rewatching the trailer, I cannot help but notice how thin the arms of the child look. They do not look like natural arms at all, more like robotic replacements like most of the rest of the grineer.

9.  Slowing the trailer down to 0.25 speed, I noticed that the light was pulsing in and out like a heartbeat. This is more obvious when you look at the walls as the camera is moving in. It could just be rendering glitches, but it is something I noticed.

10. The older woman in the trailer seems to have no lower legs, but the bottom half of a snake. After having watched the trailer through at 0.25 speed, the thing which I thought was a cushion the older one was sitting on, moves when she twists to face the smaller figure and then again throughout the trailer like a coiled snake.

11. On that topic, looking at the smaller figure, it does not look like she has normal legs either. There is something draped over the top of the dome behind the smaller figure which looks like a smaller version of the tail of the older one.

Will continue to update this as I think of more things from watching the trailer.

Edited by Skinner1818

7 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Twins because the younger is a clone of the older?

Instead of the younger one being a clone of the older one shown it could be that the younger one is a clone of the original twin who has died. The other seems to be sick/dying as well. The "conjunction" could be something involving the older one dying as well and a resulting "rebirth" of the Twin Queens and the Grineer as a whole.

Edit: The younger one also seemed very Tenno-like, so perhaps the Queens are trying to make themselves more powerful with Tenno-like powers in their clones that may flourish when both halves are present. (Like a Grineer version of Equinox)

Edited by Maicael

18 minutes ago, darkhades2012 said:

Welp, we all know this 2 babes at the end were Twin Sisters, but one thing bothers me ... they didn;t look like twins :/

12 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Twins because the younger is a clone of the older?

5 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Instead of the younger one being a clone of the older one shown it could be that the younger one is a clone of the original twin who has died. The other seems to be sick/dying as well. The "conjunction" could be something involving the older one dying as well and a resulting "rebirth" of the Twin Queens and the Grineer as a whole.

I find it hard to believe that these are the twin queens based on the architecture of the room and the entrance we see before the sumo freaks show up. it seems very Orokin/tenno like, it seems too smooth and polished.

7 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Edit: The younger one also seemed very Tenno-like, so perhaps the Queens are trying to make themselves more powerful with Tenno-like powers in their clones that may flourish when both halves are present. (Like a Grineer version of Equinox)

Plot twist: the younger one is the one controlling the Stalker.

7 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

I find it hard to believe that these are the twin queens based on the architecture of the room and the entrance we see before the sumo freaks show up. it seems very Orokin/tenno like, it seems too smooth and polished.

The Queens aren't actually "Grineer". They are revered by the Grineer. From what I'm understanding they're actually Orokin, but were regarded as "slave-like" (Grineer) for appearing the same.

The Kuria poem is what I'm basing this off of.

Edited by Maicael

17 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I'll admit that's a very interesting theory, the loss of the Twin Queens (though I think the Grineer spell it as "Kweens") would be catastrophic to the Grineer, and I imagine their best scientists, like Tyl Regor have been working to keep them alive for as long as possible. but this is assuming they really are the Queens, I'll have to watch and analyse the trailer for myself. we could use a megathread on this too.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
I spell like a Grineer sometimes..

5 minutes ago, Maicael said:

The Queens aren't actually "Grineer". They are revered by the Grineer. From what I'm understanding they're actually Orokin, but were regarded as "slave-like" (Grineer) for appearing the same.

The Kuria poem is what I'm basing this off of.

i still find it weird that they would be in a room like that, so dark and tenno like. I hope more gets revealed soon. at first I thought these were people hiding in the Liset, the infested part. theres a ton of stuff flying around the room that made me think of spores.

From what I can analyze, the queens are alarmed of "Conjunction". What this is can be anyone's guess, the older queen saying "Let the beast do there work." only gives me a handful of ideas on who or what she's referring too.

Could it be the reemergence of the Sentients? I would imagine that the cosmic horrors that are these beings would irk all factions within the origin system. What came to my mind was what agenda would the twins take with the return of the big bads who almost took out the orokin.

The more youthful twin stated that "The dreamers had awoken" and that they would come for them, with older queen saying that was part of the plan, like an answered prayer. This most certainly means the the Twin queens have knowledge of the true nature of the tenno, plus that they want to lure them in for reasons unknown.

Well, They are probably residing behind the infested door in the orbiter. We dont know about them, We dont know where they would be, we dont even know about them as I said, but they know we are coming.

The dreamers awaken, which means, They know that We have the orbiter now and not just the landing craft. The 2 are different, Ordis keeps the orbiter hidden in the void and It wasnt revealed for us until second dream. We now have acces to the orbiter and theres an infested door. We will go to exterminate infested, check whats going on and find them instead of infested, Thats why they know we are coming. 

2 minutes ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Well, They are probably residing behind the infested door in the orbiter. We dont know about them, We dont know where they would be, we dont even know about them as I said, but they know we are coming.

The dreamers awaken, which means, They know that We have the orbiter now and not just the landing craft. The 2 are different, Ordis keeps the orbiter hidden in the void and It wasnt revealed for us until second dream. We now have acces to the orbiter and theres an infested door. We will go to exterminate infested, check whats going on and find them instead of infested, Thats why they know we are coming. 

We've always had access to the Orbiter. It's just had an expansion recently. The incubator, foundry, and arsenal are all part of the Orbiter (below the landing craft's ramp). Keeping the Orbiter hidden in the Void refers to them being hidden/cloaked from most sensor/visual detection. In the Liset's radio you can occasionally hear a Grineer mention detecting "Void Masking echoes" and (I think) in the Archwing quest you see the Liset phase into invisibility.

9 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Plot twist: the younger one is the one controlling the Stalker.

Even bigger plot twist, the stalker was actually a good guy this whole time, and the younger one is controlling the lotus in an attempt to lure out an eliminate the Tenno 

this is what i think that other sister is older because of the ''beasts'' because other sister said ''the conjunction grows into your''so maybe these beasts are slowly ''eating'' her resulting aging faster

Edited by Etikim