Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get rid of the gold requirement for multiplayer please

(XBOX)GoldenGazelle25

Why Is gold still required to play with other fellow tenno when the game states that it is supposed to be free when it is not free for multiplayer, Conclave, Dojo, public matchmaking?

I can't even play with anyone because of Microsoft's gold requirement for multiplayer this needs stop stop because this is  greed here.

I am thinking of uninstalling and maybe quitting do to the lies by DE about reduced grind walls and the free multiplayer requirement XB1 only not sure if this apply to PS4 as  i am not getting a PS4 anyway. When there is a promise of reduced grind why is it always the opposite of it?

The reason gold needed to be removed for Warframe is for beta testing purposes and multiplayer testing pretty much this game has to offer everything should be free NO GOLD required for anything especially matchmaking. I can't even  get help from support with being unable to play matchmaking with others because of GOLD requirement.

Why bother playing this game at all if GOLD is required?

DE will you at least ask Microsoft to get RID OF GOLD requirement for everything in this game? they have more then enough $$$$ already there basically rich i guess? Seriously please consider asking them to get rid of the GOLD requirement please please please that's is all i ask. Haveing GOLD requirement for multiplayer is VERY BAD FOR A MMO such as this one, espically since it is in sort of beta.

Getting rid of GOLD means maybe more players on console probably and more testing on consoles. Why bother with gold anyway in a beta game? This ONLY SLOWS TESTING.

11 minutes ago, CaveCricket48 said:

Is it okay if I found it funny that your name has Gold?

Also, what's Gold.

He is speaking about the Xbox gold status what you purchase with real money to play in online and multiplayer games in most games. That why I never really liked Xbox exception on the fact that it still has Halo but that's about it.

I think that this will need to be one of the things DE and Microsoft will need to discuss about but it is really unlikely that Microsoft will lift the gold thing away from Warframe at least in my opinion.

Edited by Revel72

The gold requirement is from Microsoft, not DE, and it is required for Xbox online multiplayer.  You're bringing this up with the wrong people.  Frankly, it's unfair of you to blame DE without doing your research first.

Edit:  I re-read your post and is seems that I owe you an apology.  You do know that gold is on the Microsoft end of the business deal and that the money goes to them and not DE.  I judged far too quickly and eye-rolled my way through the second half.  For that, I am sorry.

On your request that DE ask Microsoft to remove the gold restriction; I just don't see it happening.  To have a free multiplayer would be a huge bonus for any console game, and to give something like that to DE alone is highly unlikely.  Think of all the other games that use online multiplayer.  They would all be asking Microsoft for the same treatment.  If they removed the gold only restriction for all online multiplayer games, then they would lose a ton of money.  If they did it arbitrarily, they would get a really bad reputation in the gaming community.

Also, DE staff are very honest people from what I've seen.  Just because they say "Soon" does not mean they lied to anyone, it means soon.  They keep their word, for better or worst (non-founder salt... So salty).

Edited by PikeOrShield
I owe you an apology

You get a lot of services with Gold Membership.

Also, both MS and Sony need to monetize this stuff. The hardware itself is a huge cash loss and subsidizing it (and what comes next) I would imagine is a non-trivial expense for them.

Or, you can play on PC and not worry about this. Oh, except a good gaming rig is rather expensive, yes? Who knew?

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

The hardware itself is a huge cash loss and subsidizing it (and what comes next) I would imagine is a non-trivial expense for them.

Or, you can play on PC and not worry about this. Oh, except a good gaming rig is rather expensive, yes? Who knew?

The hardware loss for producing them was always a problem and is there as long as consoles are around(like 30 years). This is why the companies make the money with a share on every game sold on her platform.

A good gaming computer is not expensive. I upgraded my PC 5 years ago for 400€(motherboard, cpu, ram, gpu) and later spend another 120 for a SSD. It still runs everything fine.

Btw OP you should ask on the microsoft forums not here because there is nothing DE can do about it.

Edited by Djego27