The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to run Draco

Noir

Question

DRACO

Yes yes, I know many of you may disagree with the existence of Ceres Draco or simply dislike it, but in my opinion it is still the easiest way to obtain Affinity. This post is a guide to show you how to run this mission most effectively.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Speaking of Affinity, let me first explain how it works:

The Obvious-

Affinity (more easily identified as EXP) is what you obtain by killing enemies, completing objectives, or hacking consoles etc. (It is used to increase the levels on your gear)

What you want to know-

Affinity is channeled into your gear in this format:

Warframe: 25% of Affinity gained

Primary: 25% of Affinity gained

Secondary: 25% of Affinity gained

Melee: 25% of Affinity gained

How to make the most of this-

Knowing that all Affinity is distributed equally throughout your gear, you can equip limited amounts of items to maximize it forspecific items:

Example-

Warframe: 25%

Primary: 75%

What I did above was simply taking out the secondary and melee and BAM, you instantly get more affinity for the primary weapon. (You can do this with secondary or melee as well.)

Important Note:

You may be hyped right now knowing that you can level up weapons much faster by only equipping one item, but wait, there's a catch. You can only gain affinity for your weapons (no, Saryn doesn't count as a weapon in this case) if you use either a Primary, Secondary, or Melee to get the kills. If you decide to bring a cc frame like ember and demolish everything with her 4, no affinity will be sent to your other weapons.

What do I do now?

The best way to counter this downside is to bring one weapon that can actually kill enemies and another weapon solely for leveling purposes. (Unequip your sentinel or kubrow as well) In the end, what your loadout might look like is this:

Warframe (preferably a tanky frame like Inaros or Rhino for survivability): 25% affinity

Primary (your killing machine): 37.5% Affinity

*Skips Secondary

Melee (the thing you need to level up): 37.5% Affinity

--> (If you stay within 50 meters of your allies, any affinity they get from kills will go to you as well.)

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Taking it up a notch

All the information I posted above is for aggressively upgrading a specific weapon and also for when you run Ceres Draco with a random squad. If you want to take this to the next step, follow the information below~

MLG Team Draco

If you are running Draco with a squad of friends or people you know/you can talk to, consider doing the mission this way:

• At the begining of each wave, capture 3-4 towers to get a boost. After you see your interception percentage higher than the enemies, ignore 2 out of the 4 towers so it takes longer to complete and more enemies can spawn. I prefer to sustain only tower D and C because they are more centralized and any enemies killed are almost guaranteed to be within 50 meters.
  • As soon as you exit the elevator, you should notice two black(ish) boxes immediately to your right. Those boxes are your camping spot as the waves progress.

RJ Excal- Your Radial Javelin is the group's primary damage dealer. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and spam 3.

Frost- Your sole purpose is to protect your team from damage. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and keep your snow globe up.

EV Trinity- Your purpose, well, is to EV. After you capture a point, head back to the black boxes you found to the right of the elevator, stand on them, and spam 2.

I hope this guide helped you maximize your Draco experience as well as explained some of the mechanics relating to affinity.

Have a nice day!

Sources-

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

https://youtu.be/rhmFVIsu7s4 

Edited by iCoupe

24 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Do you guys actually realize that i'm FOR draco instead of AGAINST it? I'm getting pissed against my leg for simple misunderstandings. I simply said i dislike LEECHERS. As in, you go pub draco, and have 2 guys with full lvl 0 equip and picknicking on the ground all days. I simply attended DeadlyPeanutt cuz he was being aggressive to me in a way to feel "oh so pretty" because he is metafarming. Thing is, i'm NOT against people using any meta farm tactic. Only leechers! God. Could you stop putting me into the wrong bandwagon now please? It's getting embarassing.

I understand you now. I totally get it. I'm sorry. Its just it's not many of us that are For Draco instead of against it. Lol

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I understand you now. I totally get it. I'm sorry.

Alright, thanks and no probs dude. (did you really believe i'm avoiding draco? i'm not crazy lol)

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Its just it's not many of us that are For Draco instead of against it. Lol

The hate for draco is just not understandable. I don't even care if some people prefer leveling in spy missions. I do my own thing and be happy with it. But acting all like: "oh no remove draco it's so toxic and bad" won't help anyone. If other maps would give same good XP, people would go there too. I won't mind having "draco" in other tilesets for the sake of diversity. Let's just hope Starchart 3.0 won't make leveling much harder.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Alright, thanks and no probs dude. (did you really believe i'm avoiding draco? i'm not crazy lol)

The hate for draco is just not understandable. I don't even care if some people prefer leveling in spy missions. I do my own thing and be happy with it. But acting all like: "oh no remove draco it's so toxic and bad" won't help anyone. If other maps would give same good XP, people would go there too. I won't mind having "draco" in other tilesets for the sake of diversity. Let's just hope Starchart 3.0 won't make leveling much harder.

Yes. Exactly. See me & you are gonna be great friends. Lol

22 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Haha and before, you tryed to roast me. 

Reveal hidden contents

Throw your xbone out of the window and join the glorious pcmasterrace! ;D

It was a misunderstanding. Again i apologize. XD

(Must resist the urge to buy Pc) (Must not succumb to the pc master race) 

*Lights flash*

(PC member spawns in)

"You Shall Not Leave This Place"

48 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

your point is well taken...

but sometimes they're very hard to resist.  they're so easy :)

peanuts are deadly enough as is, so I dunno why people would want to pick on them... I wouldn't want to mess with them ;)

9 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

you don't like loot caves and farming? you have the wrong game, partner... WF is all about loot caves and farming.

draco is simply the most effective xp farm just now.

Mate, I've been playing this game since around Update 3. I've got everything there is to get, and I got it all easily and fine without cheesing it through loot caves like Draco. There's no challenge, there's no fun, it's basically like saying "lets all play a game, turn godmode on, then get everything we need without ever playing the game or ever learning how"

It's easy enough to level gear while you farm for things more valuable than a handful of resources and some junk mod fodder. Draco is just full of people who whine when things don't go their way, even (and especially) when it's their fault. It's the cancer of Warframe. If you play the game literally just to max equipment in the shortest amount of time, then you're playing the wrong game, 'partner'.

If Warframe is all about loot caves and farming, why do DE constantly try to nerf loot caves and super-grinds? Unfortunately for them, they're going about it the wrong way which is why their focus-gain nerf resulted in even more dependence on heavy grinding.

42 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Mate, I've been playing this game since around Update 3. I've got everything there is to get, and I got it all easily and fine without cheesing it through loot caves like Draco. There's no challenge, there's no fun, it's basically like saying "lets all play a game, turn godmode on, then get everything we need without ever playing the game or ever learning how"

It's easy enough to level gear while you farm for things more valuable than a handful of resources and some junk mod fodder. Draco is just full of people who whine when things don't go their way, even (and especially) when it's their fault. It's the cancer of Warframe. If you play the game literally just to max equipment in the shortest amount of time, then you're playing the wrong game, 'partner'.

If Warframe is all about loot caves and farming, why do DE constantly try to nerf loot caves and super-grinds? Unfortunately for them, they're going about it the wrong way which is why their focus-gain nerf resulted in even more dependence on heavy grinding.

In all that is holy. Thank you.I swear like 75% of the veterans of this game understand this, and everyone else thinks Draco is the source of all life.

Edited by Vesiga

1 hour ago, Hekovashi said:

Nezha, saryn, mag->rj excal, especially saryn and mag, rj is just most known but basically less productive killer for draco

I am yet to see any of them performing at least on pair with RJ Excal at least once.

I've heard that being said for these three, Ash, Frost, Rhino, old Mesa and probably someone else I don't remember. And I never saw anything close to Excal's results from them.

1 hour ago, kinein said:

Frost- Your sole purpose is to protect your team from damage. After you help capture a point, rush back to the black boxes and keep your snow globe up.

Sole purpose of Frost is to cast FF on Excal, because you don't actually need the globe on Draco - it's a nice bonus that comes with FF.

Also, I am pretty sure, affinity distribution you wrote is incorrect and affinity range for Interception isn't limited to 50m.

games is made for fun

"fun" is relative. You'll be surprised how many people find rapid progression "fun".

Edited by Epsik-kun

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Real men don't leech.

Am i the only one around here who actually pubs it and rocks it with style?

yes, you're the only 'real man' who puts multiple forma on a weapon and plays a useless weapon at levels 0-20 for days.  

the rest of us spend 10 minutes per forma in Draco and get a functional weapon in no time flat.  Then we go out and have fun with a fully forma ed weapon at level 30.

I guess real men are pretty stupid, right?

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

While you get your weapon forma'd in "10 minutes" and be completely bored with the game, i actually play the game and get better (cuz of not standing around doing nothing) ;)

Real men ain't stupid. They just got honor and skill.

the number of men throughout history who claim to have honor and skill and have been abysmally stupid would boggle your mind (well, perhaps not... your imagination seems rather limited)

may i suggest that if you don't want to draco, don't.  but respect other players enough not to be negative towards them about how they play their game.  how other players choose to spend their time in their game is none of your business. 

8 minutes ago, Kano said:

Lmfao you forma weapons as you all claim yet still suck at the game outside of leeching on draco Snm.

wow, that's really hard to read... typing lessons would be helpful

sucking at WF is not caused by farming XP in a loot cave.  i know many players who drop into Draco ONLY to level up weapons, and are skilled players in every mission they go into.  I go to draco rarely and only to level weapons, and many times I have high damage/high kills in the squad matches i play.  

so much for that badly spelled one liner :P

2 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

how to run draco:

1: Go to a cancer treatment centre.
2: Get the horrible cancer that is 'Draco' removed from your body
3: Get DE to stop rewarding OP farms and start rewarding multiple-mission play instead
4: Go play with cool people on cool missions

you don't like loot caves and farming? you have the wrong game, partner... WF is all about loot caves and farming.

draco is simply the most effective xp farm just now.

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

I don't understand why ppl have a problem with Draco. Idk about you guys. But I don't have time running around casually leveling my weapons & frames. I like Draco & the opportunity it gives. I like to quickly level & forma my weapons & quickly jump right back to trying to farm for Ash bp or Loki sys. 

So I would appreciate if you guys stop shamming Draco. Don't like it? Stop acknowledging it. There are some of us that do appreciate it. There's always that one guy in a Draco thread that has something slick to say about it & I'm kinda getting tired of it.

As to the OP. I thought that this was clear to everyone. But then again. Every time I run Draco with one weapon. I always see others trying to level all there things at once. Mm but I appreciate your notes thou.

OP, this was good information and well-written (I'd point out the error with the weapon EXP math, but someone already did and I'm sure you'll correct it).

Regardless of anyone's stance on Draco, the information is now there for public use and as someone who has recently made a thread about Draco and watched it turn into this kind of crapstorm, request a lock. Information's out there, no point in enabling the flamewar.

Let's not forget that the person who deals the most damage in the squad will get the least percentage of xp of all the pilots in the squad.  To compensate for that, you can either try and coordinate and rotate the highest damage output for all players, or take turns each round or each mission.  People who leech know about this and do absolutely nothing in mission for the squad, so yeah it's exploitable, but let's not go that route, eh?

1 minute ago, Kano said:

yet still suck at the game outside of leeching on draco Snm < Which mean's you suck on a PvE game can't get much worse than that to be honest.

how interesting that you contend that i 'suck' at playing WF without knowing me or having ANY experience with how i play.

is this how you treat people normally? make rude and negative judgements about them without knowing them?

perhaps some therapy might be helpful... 

btw, most people i've seen in draco are leveling up perfectly usable weapons through multiple formas...  please don't allow your silly misconceptions to encourage you to label all other players negatively. oh, sorry, we just covered that.  too late :)

5 hours ago, Vifany said:

Wich rules? Like using Zenurik+Entropy? R u kidding me m8? Since Trin EV build became popular too much sources of free energy appeared. Just look at Limbo this f*&k renders you invulnerable, gives you additional energy regen - 2 u/s. With maxed Energy Overflow it will give you 6 enregy per second and invulnerability, invulnerability do you understand? Entropy will give you 50% of your base energy each proc and portion of heavy damage to enemies around you. 

Yup if each wave contains only 12 targets. Dont be fooled by wrong statistics and inertia of thinking. You still not able to kill enemies out of your LOS, so they need to come closer, furthermore they will block spawns. NeZha's and Mag's 4th does damage to all enemies - 12, 24, 48, 1488 you will damage all of them.

For example 50 weak enemies spawned. Nezha will consume 25e to deal 1200 damage to 50 enemies wich is 60k damage total per cast and 2400 dagmage per energu unit.  Ex wil deal near 1400 damage to 12 enemies (at best conditions) 16800 total per cast and 672 per energy point. Imagine enemies have 1400 hp at average. After 2 casts nezha will clear wave in cost of 50 energy and 2 seconds of time. Excal need 1 cast to kill 12 enemies so at least 5 casts to clear wave - 225 energy and near same 2 seconds if they miraculously teleport in your LOS. So RJ is slower, weaker, consume more energy, so desu.

And Limbo renders your normal weapons completely useless unless they're in the same plane.