Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie: Vay Hek edition

Dobermann92

I'm usually a calm person but the Vay Hek assassination sortie angered me. How on Earth should we beat this boss if we don't have a full corrosive projection squad? The answer is: You cannot kill him without those (I tried it with randoms several times). So my problem is that those, who don't have CP (I have) cannot complete this mission because Vay Hek after a while regenerates ALL of his HP and you have to start damaging him all over again. This is unfair at least, but I call it discrimination. I guess there is a random script which determines which mission will be on sorties, so please look into it a bit and fix this ridicolous thing.

I tried almost every weapon maxed: tonkor, soma prime, sancti tigris, sonicor....all on corrosive damage.

Nova is an option though, but that is much more unfair to the players. Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language and I'm a bit mad right now.

Update: so to prevent regenerating himself we should kill the grineer around him....nice to have a wiki, but this doesn't change the fact that the developers should look into this bossfight, because in my opinion it is a bit OP, especially on sorties, it was harder that the actual TLOR boss.

Edited by Dobermann92

18 hours ago, Dobermann92 said:

I'm usually a calm person but the Vay Hek assassination sortie angered me. How on Earth should we beat this boss if we don't have a full corrosive projection squad? The answer is: You cannot kill him without those (I tried it with randoms several times).

Yes you can. First rule of WF, if your weapons don't work for some reason against the boss/enemy, use abilities. Either CC-like (like Nova's ult or Banshee's sonar - or better both) or just damage (exalted weapons and bladestorm).

I'm sorry, but, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. With the right frame and weapon setup, he can actually (yes, even as Sortie 3 80-100 Eximus Stronghold) be a relatively easy assassination target.

Gone are the days of 4 Tenno running Draco with a Frost to create a globe or Mirage to boost damage, a Mag to Pull drops, an Excal to Radial Javelin or a Mesa to outdraw enemies, and a Trinity just standing there pressing 2 over and over again. If you learn to be creative with all the amazing tools at your disposal, you'll find you can do some pretty amazing things quite easily in this game. If you're new to the game and only have access to a handful of frames, or you're a casual player that simply hasn't had the time (or financial resources to buy your way through everything) that's what Clans and recruitment and Alliances are for. If you don't have helpful mates there that aren't willing to help you, then I'm sorry, but, you may want to find a more positive and helpful Clan/Alliance.

5 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Yes you can. First rule of WF, if your weapons don't work for some reason against the boss/enemy, use abilities. Either CC-like (like Nova's ult or Banshee's sonar - or better both) or just damage (exalted weapons and bladestorm).

I tried several combinations (but not all) against him, but I don't have the time to waste, because I'm a casual player. However my friend helped me with his Vauban, so we could beat him finally. The rewards were 25 cores of course...it should be 50 at least.

Edited by Dobermann92

1 hour ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

tumblr_inline_mq3dmd8qqR1qz4rgp.gif

Well, it seems like you don't believe me. And this only because chroma is so underestimated.

Anyway, got something for ya, it was my first sortie vay hek run ever so i thought he's gonna be though so i picked sancti tigris:

C7F5BDD88682F4EE5DBB2D0C06C0502A3785137E

1 click after he spawned and you see him roasted.

Edited by IceColdHawk

57 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Well, it seems like you don't believe me. And this only because chroma is so underestimated.

Anyway, got something for ya, it was my first sortie vay hek run ever so i thought he's gonna be though so i picked sancti tigris:

C7F5BDD88682F4EE5DBB2D0C06C0502A3785137E

1 click after he spawned and you see him roasted.

Nope you got it wrong. I just never tried Chroma on Vay Hek (or any other sortie boss so far), and didn't really used Lex (because I don't like semi-automatic weapons). I thought that it's a good idea to try other frames on him next time he shows up, if only we won't get energy reduction condition again. I just want to know as many ways to kill it as possible without that awful "mandatory" 4cp or specific team.

Warfare really doesn't cater towards solo players. Sure, you can get by just fine with the right gear, but so many of this game's mechanics are centered around having teammates to work with. Hek is insanely difficult solo because of his healing mechanic, which you can't stop unless you make sure to kill all the grinder that spawn. Of course, you cant kill enemies and damage Hek at the same time without some careful setup, which is why teammates are necessary.

40 minutes ago, Asidraoah said:

Warfare really doesn't cater towards solo players. Sure, you can get by just fine with the right gear, but so many of this game's mechanics are centered around having teammates to work with. Hek is insanely difficult solo because of his healing mechanic, which you can't stop unless you make sure to kill all the grinder that spawn.

I kinda disagree. I feel like it's the opposite. Like sure, in the ideal world you can say it's better to have a team - only... a good one. 'Just' a team is more of a burden than help. Starting with the fact that it seems after all that we get the same sortie rewards and if you already had what others have - hateful cores come and the human factor itself making it's way, way worse. 

For example, let's take Razorback event. Sure it was probably easy as hell to just cast a bullet attractor on it and see it dying in a second. The problem is, searching for the Mag that can do it in the right time - or EV/Bless/whatever to get you energy to do it yourself and stuff is a lot longer and harder than just bringing Loki or Valkyr and beating it alone. It takes longer to beat it of course, but no one is slowing you down before or after the fight, no one is setting alarms off, no one dies on you, no one is messing for some reason and ragequits and so on.

6 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Nope you got it wrong. I just never tried Chroma on Vay Hek (or any other sortie boss so far), and didn't really used Lex (because I don't like semi-automatic weapons). I thought that it's a good idea to try other frames on him next time he shows up, if only we won't get energy reduction condition again. I just want to know as many ways to kill it as possible without that awful "mandatory" 4cp or specific team.

Oh, excuse me then. Thought you were being sarcastic haha.

Just now, TheJagji said:

How many forms in each? What mod load out?

Chroma 7 forma (only need 6 though). Go for max power strength followed by duration. And vitality + steel fibre for tanking reasons.

Lex Prime 6 forma, is the usual build of "the" 3 mods + 2x primed crit mods + 2x 90% elementals for corrosive + primed heated charge.