Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with nova prime

(XBOX)Black Sifra x

Question

12 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Nova doesn ´t need any dual stat mods except Narrow Minded, unfortunatly she needs Primed mods, Flow and Continuity, but she is also good with their normal versions.

Build slow Nova:

Aura: depends on u

Strenght= speed: caped at 75%

Intensify+ Power drift (Orokin moon puzzle mod) will cover that

Streamline

Flow> Primed Flow, if mission with energy reduction, xchange  for Fleeting Expertise R4

Continuity> Primed Continuity

Quick Thinking

Natural Talent as a some kind of panic button

Ive got a differentiating opinion on this. I have 3 builds. One has as i said above, as a general purpose one (you dont need massive duration in an exterminate for example). The second one i tend to take both duration and strength mods, sacrificing range and efficiency. The slow ends up bringing enemies to a virtual stop, really good for critting. The third is my speed nova build, with negitive strength for quick defense missions.

Better to give advise with nightmare mods over prime mods as i see it, as the prime mods are much harder to get.

34 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Ive got a differentiating opinion on this. I have 3 builds. One has as i said above, as a general purpose one (you dont need massive duration in an exterminate for example). The second one i tend to take both duration and strength mods, sacrificing range and efficiency. The slow ends up bringing enemies to a virtual stop, really good for critting. The third is my speed nova build, with negitive strength for quick defense missions.

Better to give advise with nightmare mods over prime mods as i see it, as the prime mods are much harder to get.

Look dude, we are here to help OP, unfortunetly we have a poor description from him, so my deduction was he need a slow Nova with a exact mods. I also stated that she is ok with normal mods instead of Primed, only "special" mod he needs is Narrow Minded which is Corrupted not Nightmare btw. This build i use everywhere except Exterminate, if not Sortie, because Nova is not for Exterminate.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Look dude, we are here to help OP, unfortunetly we have a poor description from him, so my deduction was he need a slow Nova with a exact mods. I also stated that she is ok with normal mods instead of Primed, only "special" mod he needs is Narrow Minded which is Corrupted not Nightmare btw. This build i use everywhere except Exterminate, if not Sortie, because Nova is not for Exterminate.

Firstly, im not trying to pick a fight with you, simply giving another option. (ps. Oh yea, corrupted. I always forget thats a thing. Its been so long since i farmed any of them.)

Novas really good for exterminate, it just requires a different build. TBH, ive got every frame, prime and not, but i'd still consider nova one of the better for exterminate. Shes got a passive damage ability, a more directional AoE nuke, a travel utility, and he ult for nuking groups.

While i mostly use a slow build, with narrow minded and Blind Rage. If im doing a speed nova build ill use over extended rather than blind rage. I prefer higher strength as even though the slow is capped the explosion damage can be very useful (especially as other primed enemies take 200% damage from these blasts). As you say, duration is key for these builds, though less important on an exterminate build.

The issue as i see it is that nova is very flexible, in a way they few frames are. The exact modding depends on your personal play style. As such ive recommended a generic all round set, with no real weakness, so the OP can make there own mind up based on what they want to do, rather than forcing my own opinions and playstyles on them.

When you're first building Nova as a new player, don't sweat the 45% (which gives the maximum possible slow effect), 30% from Intensify is quite good enough until you get to the latter part of the game where you really need the best possible slow. 

Also, although Duration is the key factor for MP, its base "range" is huge already, so you don't actually need to try and squeeze out the maximum possible Duration out of a Nova build unless you're building specifically for Void Defences or Interceptions (in which case you'd use Intensify and Power Drift).  For everyday play, a single Transient Fortitude 2 pips short, which gives exactly 45%, only takes a little bit of Duration off, and frees up a slot for other mods.

IOW, while you definitely want something around 200%-odd duration, more than that is usually redundant, particularly for Survivals, where really you only want to slow mobs in the local room, not mobs that are coming from other rooms (in fact even a bit less than 200% is fine too, if you want to try and squeeze Fleeting Expertise in or something like that).

Also, if you're using Narrow Minded, do try and compensate for the Range hit (with Stretch or Stretch+Cunning Drift).  The chained explosions you get with clustered mobs, from the larger explosion radius you get from decent range, are not to be sniffed at.

Edited by Omnimorph

TBH, if your starting off on nova, dont bother with negative mods (nightmare, ect). Just got Health and sheild mods, max power mod, power strength, continuity range and efficiency mods, and then fill the rest with what you want. Once your ready to put negative mods you'll know what to do yourself.

Molecular prime is affected by pretty much every thing so if you're going to build for that then i would suggest a well rounded build. The distance is effected by power duration. 

I use: energy siphon (aura), power drift (exilus), redirection, vitality, primed continuity, constitution, streamline, fleeting expertise (2 from max), intensify, stretch

I like being able to spam my abilities so i like using fleeting expertise for the efficiency which takes a bit of duration from continuity and constitution but I think it's worth it. The exilus mod is really up to you but i like having the 145% strength. 

Power range doesn't have a huge impact on molecular prime but anti matter drop also uses power range which is a really nice ability to use with molecular prime.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

TBH, if your starting off on nova, dont bother with negative mods (nightmare, ect). Just got Health and sheild mods, max power mod, power strength, continuity range and efficiency mods, and then fill the rest with what you want. Once your ready to put negative mods you'll know what to do yourself.

Nova doesn ´t need any dual stat mods except Narrow Minded, unfortunatly she needs Primed mods, Flow and Continuity, but she is also good with their normal versions.

Build slow Nova:

Aura: depends on u

Strenght= speed: caped at 75%

Intensify+ Power drift (Orokin moon puzzle mod) will cover that

Streamline

Flow> Primed Flow, if mission with energy reduction, xchange  for Fleeting Expertise R4

Continuity> Primed Continuity

Quick Thinking

Natural Talent as a some kind of panic button