Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo?

Duhktape

1 hour ago, SurrealEdge said:

I don't see it happening without censoring things like gore and the dismembered body parts. Maybe more clothing Saryn or Valkyr to preserve their family friendly features like they've been doing with localized releases of every game so far.

If you've seen the amount of complaints regarding censorship with Nintendo, getting a game on there without changes more than likely won't happen, new console or not.

They only censor underage kids wearing swimsuits in anime games.

Here's some footage of a Nintendo Wii U exclusive game, Nintendo was the only company willing to fund this game:

I don't see it happening without censoring things like gore and the dismembered body parts. Maybe more clothing Saryn or Valkyr to preserve their family friendly features like they've been doing with localized releases of every game so far.

If you've seen the amount of complaints regarding censorship with Nintendo, getting a game on there without changes more than likely won't happen, new console or not.

so far they only been censoring themselves, and of course it hurts them, yet in bayonetta 2, that game is rated M, you have a chick that strips completely naked while doing sexual poses and cutting enemies in half causing their blood and guts to burst all over the place combined with bowser's limbs popping out of her summoning circles in order to punch or kick enemies. If anyone was to censor warframe if it ever comes out in nintendo consoles, it would be DE themselves.

7 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

They only censor underage kids wearing swimsuits in anime games.

Here's some footage of a Nintendo Wii U exclusive game, Nintendo was the only company willing to fund this game:

Nintendo sometimes does have serious self censoring problems when it comes to releasing in the west, its inconsistent, they allow you to wear something that looks like a 2-piece playboy bunny suit, but in that same game, the breast slider in character customization is removed.

9 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

What? What must be done? Warframe on NX?

Fixe'd that for you.

53 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

wPtRhED.gif

I'm with you, oh god a Mario frame ...

This game would like to have a word with you...

MadWorld-Wii-EUR.jpg 

Okay, that would be something that has gotten through Nintendo's localization and development, but concerns are still there seeing how aggressive they are lately with changing the games that are more geared towards older audiences such as the changes done in Fatal Frame.

When I played Bayonetta I had forgotten it was developed solely for the system because of Nintendo funding the project.

Edited by SurrealEdge

2 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Okay, that would be something that has gotten through Nintendo's localization and development, but concerns are still there seeing how aggressive they are lately with changing the games that are more geared towards older audiences such as the changes done in Fatal Frame.

That is true. Censoring Fatal Frame was like the thing that makes everyone understand that Nintendo won't change their censoring policies. They censored an M rated game. In their head, adults shouldn't be adulting' in their games =p

14 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

When I played Bayonetta I had forgotten it was developed solely for the system because of Nintendo funding the project.

censoring on warframe on a nintendo console release is only a concern when nintendo themselves are somehow involved with the game. Nintendo doesnt censor any third party games, only first party games that are getting a western release.

Just now, Alineah said:

censoring on warframe on a nintendo console release is only a concern when nintendo themselves are somehow involved with the game. Nintendo doesnt censor any third party games, only first party games that are getting a western release.

Square Enix's Bravely Default had changes done to the game such as increasing the ages of the characters to be 18 and added more layers of clothing for certain job classes. Published by Square Enix on a Nintendo platform.

Just now, SurrealEdge said:

Square Enix's Bravely Default had changes done to the game such as increasing the ages of the characters to be 18 and added more layers of clothing for certain job classes. Published by Square Enix on a Nintendo platform.

that's square enix themselves, look at what theyre doing with star ocean. nintendo had nothing to do with the censorship , also look at Senran Kagura, its a 3rd party game and it wasn't censored at all http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67855802

16 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

That is true. Censoring Fatal Frame was like the thing that makes everyone understand that Nintendo won't change their censoring policies. They censored an M rated game. In their head, adults shouldn't be adulting' in their games =p

They probably censored this (1 minute long) scene since the charachter is 17 years old, their decision to censore that still was a little bit odd. I can totally understand all the etreme weeb pet your waifu TRASH  content they cut from the Fire Emblem and Bravely default.

Nintendo only cuts sexual content, there's nothing in Warframe to censor for them, The people that actually censor the game are from Nintendo of America which extremely afraid of the partly oversensitive american userbase and their triggers.

There's an NPC in the Animal Crossing Series which berates you for turning off the game without saving, his reaction got extremly toned down in the newest one since a mother complained about her daughter getting scared of this:

Has anyone considered the intense amount of work it would require from DE to support another console?  PS4 and Xbox already get their updates weeks sometimes months after PC, I can't imagine the strain a 3rd console would have on them.  Sony and Microsoft already seem like a total PITA to work with.

9 minutes ago, Alineah said:

that's square enix themselves, look at what theyre doing with star ocean. nintendo had nothing to do with the censorship , also look at Senran Kagura, its a 3rd party game and it wasn't censored at all http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67855802

Point is, Nintendo still has a say in how games are developed if they wanted it on their consoles. They don't need to necessarily be a part of that process to decide what does and doesn't make it into the final product.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, developed largely by Atlus incorporates ideas from Fire Emblem while keeping its flair that Atlus is known for, but will be undergoing changes as well as some minor re-recording of lines so that the characters are 18 in the game for western release instead of the original 17 years of age. There's speculation going around that Nintendo will not be releasing DLC that is set in a hot spring outside of Japan.

6 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

They probably censored this (1 minute long) scene since the charachter is 17 years old, their decision to censore that still was a little bit odd. I can totally understand all the etreme weeb pet your waifu TRASH  content they cut from the Fire Emblem and Bravely default.

Nintendo only cuts sexual content, there's nothing in Warframe to censor for them, The people that actually censor the game are from Nintendo of America which extremely afraid of the partly oversensitive american userbase and their triggers.

There's an NPC in the Animal Crossing Series which berates you for turning off the game without saving, his reaction got extremly toned down in the newest one since a mother complained about her daughter getting scared of this:

I would have to wager it's more in line with the backlash with certain individuals that are very vocal about equality and sexism in gaming today. I'm all for equality, but when the game isn't aimed at the non-gaming individual who has a background of making vocal complaints regarding the subject it brings unwanted attention and undue pressure onto them.

Edited by SurrealEdge

2 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Point is, Nintendo still has a say in how games are developed if they wanted it on their consoles. They don't need to necessarily be a part of that process to decide what does and doesn't make it into the final product.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, developed largely by Atlus incorporates ideas from Fire Emblem while keeping its flair that Atlus is known for, but will be undergoing changes as well as some minor re-recording of lines so that the characters are 18 in the game for western release instead of the original 17 years of age. There's speculation going around that Nintendo will not be releasing DLC that is set in a hot spring outside of Japan.

I would have to wager it's more in line with the backlash with certain individuals that are very vocal about equality and sexism in gaming today. I'm all for equality, but when the game isn't aimed at the non-gaming individual who has a background of making vocal complaints regarding the subject it brings unwanted attention and undue pressure onto them.

Nintendo doesn't have to have a say and they lately been giving a lot of (just do your own thing) to third parties, Square Enix could have left the game as is and just do a translation as they wanted, Nintendo had no involvement with that, Square as of late has been giving in to the pressure of vocal complaints as well, but nintendo doesn't make it a requirement for third parties to listen to those complaints, also Nintendo was in charge of publishing tokyo mirage, which again, on every level, is not comparable to warframe at all, once again, Nintendo has no reason to involve itself with warframe unless they're somehow contributing to the game themselves.

Just now, Alineah said:

Nintendo doesn't have to have a say and they lately been giving a lot of (just do your own thing) to third parties, Square Enix could have left the game as is and just do a translation as they wanted, Nintendo had no involvement with that, Square as of late has been giving in to the pressure of vocal complaints as well, but nintendo doesn't make it a requirement for third parties to listen to those complaints, also Nintendo was in charge of publishing tokyo mirage, which again, on every level, is not comparable to warframe at all, once again, Nintendo has no reason to involve itself with warframe unless they're somehow contributing to the game themselves.

A PR representative has said that Atlus is handling the localization and release of that game. They already meddled with what will come out of it, as opposed to past games localized by Atlus for other systems. Minor changes are understandable, such as the skimpy outfits in that game, but recording different dialogue is taking more effort than I have seen from them. Nintendo won't give out details to why they're doing what they do and the backlash from Fire Emblem Fates is still ongoing despite the mechanic removed being a minor part of the game and completely optional.

If Warframe were to come onto a Nintendo console, they'll need to abide by their rules and standards. Changes could be minor, or it could be a completely different version of the game we know and love. I only used Saryn and Valkyr as an example as I've seen it being used against DE as being oversexualized, and it can be taken as a strike against the game already despite having an M rating as did Fatal Frame.

The problem is not whether the Wii U could run it or not, nor is it because Nintendo would be unwilling to put Warframe on their system. Nintendo simply doesn't have the network structure to handle Warframe just yet. Look at the fact it doesn't have much of any MMOs to speak of which would be similar to the network you need for Warframe. This could change soon since they announced some games coming out for the Wii U that seem MMOish. As for the resolution, the Wii U doesn't run every game at 1080p like the Xbox One and PS4 because most of their games run at 720p which if fine given the types of games they make. I should also mention that the NX is said not to replace the Wii U or even 3DS so it is not in fact a console but something completely different.

Edited by GoldDeoxys

14 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

A PR representative has said that Atlus is handling the localization and release of that game. They already meddled with what will come out of it, as opposed to past games localized by Atlus for other systems. Minor changes are understandable, such as the skimpy outfits in that game, but recording different dialogue is taking more effort than I have seen from them. Nintendo won't give out details to why they're doing what they do and the backlash from Fire Emblem Fates is still ongoing despite the mechanic removed being a minor part of the game and completely optional.

If Warframe were to come onto a Nintendo console, they'll need to abide by their rules and standards. Changes could be minor, or it could be a completely different version of the game we know and love. I only used Saryn and Valkyr as an example as I've seen it being used against DE as being oversexualized, and it can be taken as a strike against the game already despite having an M rating as did Fatal Frame.

People have also complained about characters like Samus being oversexualized with her 2-piece clothing and her high-heels, you got the dev-himself trolling them and not making a single change about her. Nintendo isn't going to make it a requirement to "desexualize" any of the warframes, because DE isn't breaking any rules, people can complain all they want, Nintendo isn't going to force any third party game to change when they have absolutely no involvement with the game, I said it numerous times before, only DE can censor the game, nintendo isnt going to tell them to do anything, what is DE breaking? I see absolutely nothing, even with nintendo standards, because it isn't nintendo's concern, DE can sexualize their own characters all they want, as long as they don't reach Adult rating and nintendo still wouldn't say anything, they have zero involvement with the game and it's not of their concern of what DE does to their game unless it's breaking universal console rules that already exists on other consoles.

Also look up who published Fatal Frame 5, take a wild guess who it was, that should clear up why it was censored.

Edited by Alineah

3 minutes ago, Alineah said:

People have also complained about characters like Samus being oversexualized with her 2-piece clothing and her high-heels, you got the dev-himself trolling them and not making a single change about her. Nintendo isn't going to make it a requirement to "desexualize" any of the warframes, because DE isn't breaking any rules, people can complain all they want, Nintendo isn't going to force any third party game to change when they have absolutely no involvement with the game, I said it numerous times before, only DE can censor the game, nintendo isnt going to tell them to do anything, what is DE breaking? I see absolutely nothing, even with nintendo standards, because it isn't nintendo's concern, DE can sexualize their own characters all they want, as long as they don't reach Adult rating and nintendo still wouldn't say anything, they have zero involvement with the game and it's not of their concern of what DE does to their game unless it's breaking universal console rules that already exists on other consoles.

Also look up who published Fatal Frame 5, take a wild guess who it was, that should clear up why it was censored.

Just because it's being published by Nintedno, it still doesn't mean that the changes won't still apply for games not published by them. In the case of Samus, she's technically fully clothed, she's not breaking anything.

In the case of Warframe, spoilers for people that haven't done Second Dream:

We're technically children on massive killing sprees throughout the system. While not there physically doing the dismembering, it would go against the image Nintendo wants to set itself.

Examples of the games given that have explicit material are usually depicted with adults, and other forms of violence is usually set in a charming non graphic way. The games I mentioned that had the characters ages changed to be 18 are games that depict violence, and the theme set by DE would only make things more difficult. Whether it's based on the design or based on different factors, there's things that could and most likely be changed to cater to a younger audience. Besides, despite Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U only title, it still saw dismal sales due to spite from core players on their respective systems that see Nintendo as nothing more than catering to children and a family setting.

11 hours ago, MadHatHacker said:

It's extremely well optimized. The Wii U and the NX could probably both handle it. 

They have enough trouble getting it to work on xbone and PS4. Warframe on a Nintendo console is a joke.

8 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Yea cause we know how nintendo is. It's already bad enough that there are contractual exclusives for xbox and ps4. Nintendo will see that and start asking for crazy S#&$ like an exclusive frame that is basically mario. 

Aside from the fact that this isn't how Nintendo actually works, the only exclusives for the other consoles are there not because sony and microsoft demanded them, but because consoles didn't get the option for founders packs.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

4 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Just because it's being published by Nintedno, it still doesn't mean that the changes won't still apply for games not published by them. In the case of Samus, she's technically fully clothed, she's not breaking anything.

In the case of Warframe, spoilers for people that haven't done Second Dream:

Hide contents

We're technically children on massive killing sprees throughout the system. While not there physically doing the dismembering, it would go against the image Nintendo wants to set itself.

Examples of the games given that have explicit material are usually depicted with adults, and other forms of violence is usually set in a charming non graphic way. The games I mentioned that had the characters ages changed to be 18 are games that depict violence, and the theme set by DE would only make things more difficult. Whether it's based on the design or based on different factors, there's things that could and most likely be changed to cater to a younger audience. Besides, despite Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U only title, it still saw dismal sales due to spite from core players on their respective systems that see Nintendo as nothing more than catering to children and a family setting.

Samus has costumes that aren't fully clothed

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1534/15343359/2630972-0507794141-zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz

her breast are also bigger than the last smash game.

Also that point alone makes your point null and void that Nintendo will force DE to do anything about their "sexualized" frames IF they did.

Nintendo had a 2-thousand year old  that was almost completely naked and had the body of a child on fire emblem awakening literally killing people, every change applied as of recent and for the future on third party games will be because of those same third parties, nintendo is not involved in those changes in any way or form, you're clearly showing that you don't know how nintendo works.

And as far as i'm aware of, those "children" in warframe are centuries if not thousands of years old. Also you're bringing up games that NINTENDO PUBLISHED, obviously nintendo themselves is going to be involved with those games, Nintendo isn't going to be the one publishing warframe, it's going to be DE themselves, what evidence do you have that nintendo has been altering games that they ARENT publishing? Also im not talking about sales here, i'm talking about how nintendo isn't going to censor anything about warframe.

10 minutes ago, Alineah said:

Samus has costumes that aren't fully clothed

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1534/15343359/2630972-0507794141-zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz

her breast are also bigger than the last smash game.

Also that point alone makes your point null and void that Nintendo will force DE to do anything about their "sexualized" frames IF they did.

Nintendo had a 2-thousand year old  that was almost completely naked and had the body of a child on fire emblem awakening literally killing people, every change applied as of recent and for the future on third party games will be because of those same third parties, nintendo is not involved in those changes in any way or form, you're clearly showing that you don't know how nintendo works.

And as far as i'm aware of, those "children" in warframe are centuries if not thousands of years old. Also you're bringing up games that NINTENDO PUBLISHED, obviously nintendo themselves is going to be involved with those games, Nintendo isn't going to be the one publishing warframe, it's going to be DE themselves, what evidence do you have that nintendo has been altering games that they ARENT publishing? Also im not talking about sales here, i'm talking about how nintendo isn't going to censor anything about warframe.

The image you linked is done stylistically, and the game itself is meant to cater to a wider range of audience.

While technically, she has the look of a child, I can't think of any reasoning to why they haven't done any changes when Bravely Default had a similar low poly style and that was changed.

This is going to be a stretch, but Mortal Kombat on the SNES was censored to have all blood and gore removed while the Genesis version retained the feature. Yes I know I'm digging far to get information, but this wasn't published by Nintendo.

Edited by SurrealEdge

7 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

The image you linked is done stylistically, and the game itself is meant to cater to a wider range of audience.

While technically, she has the look of a child, I can't think of any reasoning to why they haven't done any changes when Bravely Default had a similar low poly style and that was changed.

This is going to be a stretch, but Mortal Kombat on the SNES was censored to have all blood and gore removed while the Genesis version retained the feature. Yes I know I'm digging far to get information, but this wasn't published by Nintendo.

done stylistically or not, its completely subjective, people against sexualization were furious and they only got trolled by the lead developer in the end.

As for bravely default, square did the censoring themselves, you can see why it was different.

Nintendo back then did force third parties to censor their games, but that was back then, nintendo only censors their own games when theyre localized in the west now, any game released on their console will be just as violent and sexual as the one on the next console.

Edited by Alineah

1 minute ago, Alineah said:

done stylistically or not, its completely subjective, people against sexualization were furious and they only got trolled by the lead developer in the end.

Nintendo back then did force third parties to censor their games, but that was back then, nintendo only censors their own games when theyre localized in the west now, any game released on their console will be just as violent and sexual as the one on the next console.

That's insightful, certainly different from what I remember years ago.

48 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Has anyone considered the intense amount of work it would require from DE to support another console?  PS4 and Xbox already get their updates weeks sometimes months after PC, I can't imagine the strain a 3rd console would have on them.  Sony and Microsoft already seem like a total PITA to work with.

Extra man power & moneys that could go on more on bug fixing and such. Yea I see whatcha mean.

Although the frame time for PS4 & Xbox to release updates being so far apart than PC is mostly due to Micro$oft and $ony wanting filter the patches. I bet it wouldn't take months if they just pressed the green option:

TvOQzTS.png