Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to play Glaive prime?

(PSN)satsukixpenny

Question

13 answers to this question

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Try Maiming Strike?

Wtf. You ain't sliding with a glaive. You want to throw it from afar preferable with power throw so it goes BOOM.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

Recently got my hand on the cutie and it is a struggle. I'm leveling it up currently and it is still kind of iffy to me. I modded it to where I can get 11k on the thrown usually but it's still too slow? 

What at mod set Would you recommend ?

also I use astral twilight 

Fury for speed (obviously). Then mostly damage mods + Power Throw and Quick Return, so it comes back to you after it hits.

If yu have an issue with the flight speed, yu must put on Whirlwind.

I have not tried Quickening yet, it might work.

Fury is the only other mod that increases the charge time.

Don't invest into a Crit build unless yu intend to not throw the glaive and melee with it. 

(I presume yu already put on Quick Return for the -4 bounce so the Power Throw explosion happens when the Glaive hits the wall or reaches max range. )

Edited by YasaiTsume

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Wtf. You ain't sliding with a glaive. You want to throw it from afar preferable with power throw so it goes BOOM.

Wait, does it not work to throw the glaive and make sure you're sliding when it hits a target? That strategy certainly works with the Redeemer.

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Wait, does it not work to throw the glaive and make sure you're sliding when it hits a target? That strategy certainly works with the Redeemer.

Ahahah good joke....

Spoiler

No dammit, it's true -,-'

I really bothered to test this. Wtf is this. I don't even.

Still, it's too awkward to use. Definitely not worth it... At least learned something new...hey...

Spoiler

Screw you Sorta!

Edited by IceColdHawk

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Ahahah good joke....

Hide contents

No dammit, it's true -,-'

I really bothered to test this. Wtf is this. I don't even.

Still, it's too awkward to use. Definitely not worth it... At least learned something new...hey...

Hide contents

Screw you Sorta!

Haha, now I have to try this out later.

I feel like it'll work decently with Quick Return + Power Throw, since crit headshots deal quadruple damage and all. I'm just worried that the build will take up so many miscellaneous slots that there won't be enough room for raw damage. Hopefully Damage 3.0 addresses this xD

7 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I feel like it'll work decently with Quick Return + Power Throw, since crit headshots deal quadruple damage and all. I'm just worried that the build will take up so many miscellaneous slots that there won't be enough room for raw damage. Hopefully Damage 3.0 addresses this xD

in addition to slide Throwing, i wonder.... if you could use Navigator with it as well. game will almost surely consider you to not be sliding as soon as you enter Navigator, but if it doesn't... :D

6 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Haha, now I have to try this out later.

4580 damage upon a crit against ancient healer.

Using Fury, Shocking Touch, Fever Strike, Maiming Strike, Power Throw, Organ Shatter, Quick Return and Pressure Point.

Conclusion: :vomit: 

9 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

4580 damage upon a crit against ancient healer.

Using Fury, Shocking Touch, Fever Strike, Maiming Strike, Power Throw, Organ Shatter, Quick Return and Pressure Point.

Conclusion: :vomit: 

Oh, ouch. I wasn't expecting too much from the combo, but I definitely wasn't expecting that small a number.

Thanks for doing the testing XD

Edited by SortaRandom

I usually use it with the Power Throw+Quick Return mentioned above and just damage and Fury.

I mostly just use it with Ivara. Using Prowl you get: Stealth damage multiplier + Headshot multiplier from explosion + Prowl's Headshot Bonus.
Consistently hits in the tens of thousands. On one T3 Survival an hour in I recall hitting Gunners/Bombards for 72k damage. I think it was helped with Steel Charge and a Corrosive Projection though. 50k a throw is the usual I see (using Radiation dmg) and it instantly kills Nullifiers and any enemies near them.