Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate mods and new warframe mod questions

(PSN)JohnnyLagZ17

Question

Does anyone know if/when/ Nezha may get a syndicate mod and if so what they may be and which group will carry them? 

Also should you try to get every syndicate mod or just the weapons and w/e mod you need? 

Lastly , for Cephalon simaris?(sanctuary) should you just buy everything simce it doesn't seem to rank up past neutral ? (And are the transmute mods useful/I'll look for the answer to that but figure it fit in here?) 

11 answers to this question

if you have reached the cap of reputation yes so when you do missions it wont go to waste

and yes you should work towards getting everything in the syndicates

and no we dont know what syndicates with have nezha mods

and they probably coming out in the next patch

De is currently working on augments for nezha, ivara and wukong.  There is no time frame for when they will be released but DE will surely let us know.

Having all the mods has no real benefit other than for your own desires.  Collect them if you want.  If you are maxed out it cant hurt to buy an extra so you can get more standing the next day.  there is always the option to trade them to other players if you don't use them yourself.

Transmute cores are useful in that they (I believe) eliminate the credit cost of transmuting and guarantees the polarity of the result.  While transmuting is still very random with a core, it at least narrows it down a little.

Augments are currently w.i.p. so we don't know what they are or when they will be released.

You might as well get the mods, who knows when they could come in handy. Sometimes you can find people in the trading chat that want certain augments so getting a couple can prove useful. As for the weapons you should get those too simply for the MR. If you plan on trading syndicate weapons they must be unranked and unpotatoed.

For Simaris, I know that DE is planning on revising the current transmutation system so that it is way less RNG, so I don't know how that will impact the transmutation cores. As it is, transmutation is almost never worth it, however the cores do nullify cost and do make sure the result is whatever polarity the core is. In the end I would that is up to you, remember it is still based on RNG, just because you used Rare tier stuff does not mean the result will always be rare tier. You might as well get the simulor for the same reason as the syndicate weapons. The widgets are extremely useful, I would suggest going for the sol-battery widget first. Go ahead and get the mods because they could come in handy. IIRC Simaris is currently the only place where you can get the Exilus Adapter blueprint, the only other places are via quests or sorties. 

Edited by Hman745

Thanks everyone for the answers so far, I already have Cephalons weapon&2 exilus adapters and after reading this I bought the 3 fusion mod things and something else idr..

I can't wait to see nezhas mods it could reall put him towards the top as he's a solid frame just a little buff would help.

Wukong I could see having defy end up semi similar to valkyrs hysteria mod wise.

As for syndicates I ask because I have the weapons from red viel and steel now but I don't want to leave them until I know it's a good decision since the next group would be their rivals basically(can you run more than 2 at a time without it backfiring or is there a Max #?).

As for transmuting I know it's random but it's fun lol

12 minutes ago, (PS4)JohnnyLagZ17 said:

Thanks everyone for the answers so far, I already have Cephalons weapon&2 exilus adapters and after reading this I bought the 3 fusion mod things and something else idr..

I can't wait to see nezhas mods it could reall put him towards the top as he's a solid frame just a little buff would help.

Wukong I could see having defy end up semi similar to valkyrs hysteria mod wise.

As for syndicates I ask because I have the weapons from red viel and steel now but I don't want to leave them until I know it's a good decision since the next group would be their rivals basically(can you run more than 2 at a time without it backfiring or is there a Max #?).

As for transmuting I know it's random but it's fun lol

You can be a member of any number of syndicates, the thing to limit you is standing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JohnnyLagZ17 said:

Ok  so then wouldn't doing more than 2 backfire enough to not make it worth it at first or?

I think it it possible to balance four syndicates at a time and keep them positive. I have Arbiters, Suda, and I'm working on New Loka by getting Standing with Arbiters which raises Suda without lowering New Loka. You could do something similar with Arbiters, Suda, Steel, and Red Veil. I'm not sure about the other combinations.

On 4/27/2016 at 7:35 AM, Hman745 said:

As it is, transmutation is almost never worth it, however the cores do nullify cost and do make sure the result is whatever polarity the core is. In the end I would that is up to you, remember it is still based on RNG

That's hardly the case, I transmute great mods quite often.  The thing you have to accept is that to do that you are going to transmute a lot and get even more crap in between great mods.  Think about it like this - should I keep 40 Power Throws or turn those into a Crimson Dervish and a bunch of ammo drums.

The other thing I'd say is that if you really want one specific mod then transmutation is going to disappoint you every time.  If you are just looking to turn junk rares into trade able rares then you can do alright.

Simaris cores are merely ok, FWIW.  They reduce the credit cost to zero and mod cost to three (since the core is the 4th) and locks you into a polarity.  But they don't impact the quality of the resulting mod.  And 10k standing takes effort to gain.  You could apply that same effort to Triton or Hieracon and just make the credits and acquire the extra rare mods while at the same time getting keys and cores. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)JohnnyLagZ17 said:

Ok  so then wouldn't doing more than 2 backfire enough to not make it worth it at first or?

You can be friendly with either the three on the left or the three on the right with no effort. (Work for SM, AH, and CS or work for PS, RV, and NL)

You can be friendly with four with a little effort. (Work for Steel Meridian and moonlight for Cephalon Suda or work for Red Veil and moonlight for New Loka)

You can be friendly with all six but the effort required makes it very unappealing.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

17 hours ago, (PS4)JohnnyLagZ17 said:

Basically you can work either one of two "sides" - although it's not so neat as literally 3 v 3 on each side, it's actually 4 v 2 on two "sides".  Eventually you have 4 syndicates on board:-

1) If you alternate ranking up Steel and Cephalon (1/2 daily allowance/syndicate missions on each) that also ranks up Red Veil and Arbiters (respectively) and it "dumps" Loka and Perrin.

2) Similarly on the other "side", if you rank up Loka and Perrin alternately (1/2 daily allowance/syndicate missions on each), that also brings along Arbiters and Veil, and "dumps" Steel and Cephalon.

The alternation is necessary because, e.g., with 1), ranking up Cephalon slightly pisses off Veil, so that has to be compensated for by also ranking up Steel (with equivalent reasons on the other "side").

Of course progression is a fair bit slower this way than concentrating on one or two, but the advantage is that eventually you get all 4 extra large candy disk BPs, more of a selection of augments and special mods (though a few are still unavoidably unavailable), more special weapons to sell, and more varied pets.

Syndicates are a nice little side-income, because augments and the special weapons are always in demand; however only the weapons are individually costly (25-30p), the augments are generally cheap (8-12p, maybe 15p for the more in-demand ones), but you do see a regular trade in them.