The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top right icon meaning

Izeck

Question

I've been away from Warframe for about a year or so now. I just got back and I'm really liking the changes, but the icons on the top right corner (While in my ship) have me confused as hell. Wtf do they mean? When i hver over one with my mouse it gives no tooltip to explain. I have found no in game documentation and after about 45 mins of online searching I have not found anything either.

I either haven't looked in the right places or there really is no info online. Either way, I believe that I SHOULDN'T need to spend time searching online for the meaning of these icons. It should be clear to the player.

At any rate. Can someone please tell me what this icon (Top right) means?

20160428113728_1.jpg

11 answers to this question

Just now, Izeck said:

Ok, thank you.

Now, about that documentation. Is there any available? Seems very user unfreandly to no have any in game explanation.

None. Unfortunately, DE is a bit terrible at explaining things in game (to put it mildly). 

Take the Chat for example, it used to be named channels i.e. Region, Recruiting, Trading etc. Now its just a bunch of icons without any explanation. To expect a new player to know right away which is which is just counter-intuitive, and you get kicked for posting wrong stuff in the wrong channels (which is ok since you'd only need to relog, but newbs don't know that too).

As they develop the game, more and more stuff gets added, and even more stuff gets left behind without explanations. At some point, they REALLY need to fix this.

2 minutes ago, Neah said:

None. Unfortunately, DE is a bit terrible at explaining things in game (to put it mildly). 

Take the Chat for example, it used to be named channels i.e. Region, Recruiting, Trading etc. Now its just a bunch of icons without any explanation. To expect a new player to know right away which is which is just counter-intuitive, and you get kicked for posting wrong stuff in the wrong channels (which is ok since you'd only need to relog, but newbs don't know that too).

As they develop the game, more and more stuff gets added, and even more stuff gets left behind without explanations. At some point, they REALLY need to fix this.

Exactly, I fully agree with you.

But, I digress.

Ha the good old foundry indicator. Here is a list of what you can find there.

Icon Legend Description
BuildComplete Foundry Complete Denotes that a Foundry construction project has been completed. A number in white text below the icon will show how many items are unclaimed in Foundry.
MarketIcon Market Discount Notifies the players of their unused Login Rewardsdiscount.
MailIcon Mail Notifies the players of their unread inbox messages.
FriendRequestPendingIcon Friend Requests Shows how many friend requests are unattended in the players' friend list.
DroneComplete Drone Complete Notifies the players that at least one of theirExtractors are ready to be claimed.
DroneDestroyed Drone Destroyed Notifies the players that one of their Extractors have been destroyed in the process.
DoubleAffinityEventIcon Double Affinity Event Shows how long the Double Affinity event timer is.
DoubleCreditEvent Double Credit Event Shows how long the Double Credits event timer is.
DoubleResourcesEvent Double Resources Event Shows how long the Double Resources event timer is

took that form the wiki on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heads-Up_Display in the bottom

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Icon Legend Description
BuildComplete Foundry Complete Denotes that a Foundry construction project has been completed. A number in white text below the icon will show how many items are unclaimed in Foundry.
MarketIcon Market Discount Notifies the players of their unused Login Rewardsdiscount.
FriendRequestPendingIcon Friend Requests Shows how many friend requests are unattended in the players' friend list.
DroneComplete Drone Complete Notifies the players that at least one of theirExtractors are ready to be claimed.
DroneDestroyed Drone Destroyed Notifies the players that one of their Extractors have been destroyed in the process.
DoubleAffinityEventIcon Double Affinity Event Shows how long the Double Affinity event timer is.
DoubleCreditEvent Double Credit Event Shows how long the Double Credits event timer is.
DoubleResourcesEvent Double Resources Event Shows how long the Double Resources event timer is

took that form the wiki on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heads-Up_Display in the bottom

Nice job bud!

11 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Icon Legend Description

But... but I thought there wasn't any documentation of this on the internet...

*facepalm*

Literally go to the wiki first and spend some quality time really looking for the answer instead of just skimming, and I guarantee you 95% of any questions a new player may have can be solved.

OP, you came back after some time spent away, and I don't fault you for not recognizing the foundry icon.  The use of the foundry clearly displays the same icon (and larger, too) at the top of the screen next to the word 'foundry', which is how the rest of us know what it means.  Checking your foundry at login is pretty routine thing to do, by the way, especially if you're certain you didn't start building anything....  Pizzas are done?  W00t!