Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Operation: Cornucopia] Missiontype: Acquisition (Aka: "rob The Corpus Blind").

Ced23Ric

Hey there.

22_zps14999136.jpg

this is part of the masterthread [Operation: Cornucopia] Fixing The Farming. Currently, we have mission types for almost all necessities: Spy/Capture/Raid for mods and shots at Banshee parts, Defense/Mobile Defense for mods and XP, Rescue for masochism and Assasination for BPs. There is no mission type in existence for resources, though. Here is my approach to that:

• Missiontype: Acquisiton.
    Tenno infiltrate the enemy site, with the goal of acquiring resources for the Lotus' continued war efforts.
    To do so, they need to find, secure and breach <2> individual storage areas.
    Each storage area is heavily defended, and while the Lotus hacks into the bulkheads in <1 min>, Tenno need to defend the terminal.
    Inside, Tenno need to hack a minimum of <4> terminals, up to a maximum of <8>.
    The last <4> unlock after defending against another <1 minute> of enemies rushing in. This is optional.
    After all <2> storage areas have been breached in such a manner, the Tenno can extract, with their loot in tow.
    Players receive a common resource of the drop table of that planet, in a quantity that is x<15> of the normal drop - Ferrite would be <1000>, ish, in that case. Alternatively, uncommon, at x<10>, for <200> Plastids, as another example.

Such a mission would reward the resources on top of what is picked up, essentially having the potential to have double the resource payout of a thick M Prime run, but with more work and investment. This would address the requirements for huge chunks of more commonly available resources.

/discuss

I like it. But to equalize the amount of resource gain over time, you'd have to lower the resource drop rate across the board  at least slightly.

Which is a thing that is totally doable so that's okay.

But how about this idea: instead of the type of resource being determined randomly, why not just roll a number between 3x and 15x for each type of resource that can drop (the number of which is always 3), maybe with the rare resource being from a lower interval (say 1-3x), and then have the player choose which they get?

Example: you finish the mission. The RNG rolls 1148 Ferrite, 643 Plastids, and 1 Gallium. You can now choose one of these as part of the reward, the others being given to Lotus' contractors. So if you were farming for Plastids, there's less rage when the RNG rolls Ferrite five times in a row because you'll now always have an option to get some amount of the resource you were farming for.

Edited by krisp

There also was that suggestion no forums about a mission of "defend a mining ship", that I personally find more favorable. ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58773-resource-mining-incursion/'>This one)

Although I would love to have acquisition types of mission. Maybe it could have some sort of a complicated puzzle-locked safes, that would require two players to open, therefore presenting a challenge since it would be removing half the team from fighting for the reward?

Also, ability to choose what you're farming for would be golden. The less RNGeesus is involved the better.

Edited by GTG3000

Hey there.

22_zps14999136.jpg

this is part of the masterthread [Operation: Cornucopia] Fixing The Farming. Currently, we have mission types for almost all necessities: Spy/Capture/Raid for mods and shots at Banshee parts, Defense/Mobile Defense for mods and XP, Rescue for masochism and Assasination for BPs. There is no mission type in existence for resources, though. Here is my approach to that:

• Missiontype: Acquisiton.

Tenno infiltrate the enemy site, with the goal of acquiring resources for the Lotus' continued war efforts.

To do so, they need to find, secure and breach <2> individual storage areas.

Each storage area is heavily defended, and while the Lotus hacks into the bulkheads in <1 min>, Tenno need to defend the terminal.

Inside, Tenno need to hack a minimum of <4> terminals, up to a maximum of <8>.

The last <4> unlock after defending against another <1 minute> of enemies rushing in. This is optional.

After all <2> storage areas have been breached in such a manner, the Tenno can extract, with their loot in tow.

Players receive a common resource of the drop table of that planet, in a quantity that is x<15> of the normal drop - Ferrite would be <1000>, ish, in that case. Alternatively, uncommon, at x<10>, for <200> Plastids, as another example.

Such a mission would reward the resources on top of what is picked up, essentially having the potential to have double the resource payout of a thick M Prime run, but with more work and investment. This would address the requirements for huge chunks of more commonly available resources.

/discuss

Made a suggestion, was immdiately placed under a bed of other threads. So many of my suggestions all get placed under a bed with just a max of 5 replies, it really IRE's ME!!!!

Here is suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58566-suggestion-scavenge-mission-sets-tileset-and-faction/

Oh crap, I posted this on the wrong thread... *copy pastes*

Could even make special rewards etc if you can sneak in without being spotted, like robbing a bank vault that might be closed in the case of an intruder detection. That would give people more reason to try stealth gameplay as well.

Example: you finish the mission. The RNG rolls 1148 Ferrite, 643 Plastids, and 1 Gallium. You can now choose one of these as part of the reward, the others being given to Lotus' contractors. So if you were farming for Plastids, there's less rage when the RNG rolls Ferrite five times in a row because you'll now always have an option to get some amount of the resource you were farming for.

This is pure gold. I love you. You are my new God.

*Cough* Anyhow, I'm all for this suggestion. It'd certainly be entertaining, at the very least.

Loving this addition. Selectable rewards would be cool. Nevertheless, 1 Gallium (example) is too low of a reward. It needs to stand out over running a boss.

There also was that suggestion no forums about a mission of "defend a mining ship", that I personally find more favorable. ( This one)

I think this and that idea can coexist, albeit the concept of giving clans a direct advantage over the "wild" can be disheartening to solo players. Not a fan, to be honest, because of how exclusive it is.

Made a suggestion, was immdiately placed under a bed of other threads. So many of my suggestions all get placed under a bed with just a max of 5 replies, it really IRE's ME!!!!

Here is suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58566-suggestion-scavenge-mission-sets-tileset-and-faction/

Sorry that your idea has not received much recognition. Probably because you wrote a lot and made your missiontype appear somewhat tedious, limited to endgame players and restrictive. Such things rarely gather much support...

Loving this addition. Selectable rewards would be cool. Nevertheless, 1 Gallium (example) is too low of a reward. It needs to stand out over running a boss.

It's an estimate, I used the lowest roll. The interval should be from 1 to 3, with the 1 being the minimum therefore guarranteed. Right now the boss loot is not guarranteed at all.

Could also be 2-5, I guess. Anything more and you'd make gathering gallium and the rare mats trivial.

I think this and that idea can coexist, albeit the concept of giving clans a direct advantage over the "wild" can be disheartening to solo players. Not a fan, to be honest, because of how exclusive it is.

Devs already don't want warframe to be a solo-player-centrific game. But those mission resources could be only given into a clan resource pool (another thing I really hope for), if people getting them would really be an issue. I'm guessing building such a room would be a huge help to smaller clans, as well as players in any clan (I don't like farming and you shouldn't either, so... being in a clan isn't much of a price, especially since devs are going for it).

This can be very overused and replaces all the farming. As much as i would like it this would need a little nerf like only having the mission obtainable by a key and you can only use the  key once.

To acquire the key you need to kill the boss of the planet and the drop for the key would be 1/5 times. and the key you get from a boss will only get you the resources for THAT planet

Other than that it is an excellent idea and i approve.

627 <=== Official approval stamp of Fire_Ashes

This can be very overused and replaces all the farming. As much as i would like it this would need a little nerf like only having the mission obtainable by a key and you can only use the  key once.

To acquire the key you need to kill the boss of the planet and the drop for the key would be 1/5 times. and the key you get from a boss will only get you the resources for THAT planet

Other than that it is an excellent idea and i approve.

627 <=== Official approval stamp of Fire_Ashes

Do you actually _like_ farming or something? True, there's not much left when you remove it from the game, but it doesn't mean that we should all vote for it to stay in. 

Although having such keys would work, yeah. 

Because it has been mentioned, to clarify:

The intention with "Acquisition" is to provide a reliable and enjoyable source of common and uncommon resources. Thin about 50% more than a scrounging run would give. If you can get 1000 Ferrite from a "no stone left unturned"-run, the average Acquisition should give 1500 Ferrite - say, 750 - 1000 from murdering merrily through mobs, and another 500 - 750 from the reward for completeing it.

This is not intended to be a source of rare materials, which are covered in a more rare form - the resource alerts. Common mission for common mats, rare alerts for rare resources. Makes sense, I hope.

I like this idea a lot, especially leaving rare resources out of the equation.

The more I look at the Dojo resource requirements the more I dread the common resources needed.  Yes, I know there is a "fix" on the way for smaller clans, but still 455,000 Salvage just for the basic research rooms.