Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abusing power- Clans

(PSN)amphose

:AMPHOSE  -              I was recently kicked from the clan [REDACTED] on PS4. This was because of me and another member joking around saying 'pls don't kill us [Leaders username] after he kicked a few people one after another. we did not say anything offensive or anything that would annoy him. in-fact I only said it to my friend twice in clan chat. This led to me (and maybe him as-well) being kicked. this made me think why people would not care to kick atleast 5 people in mere minuets from their clan. also why people would abuse power like this. i.e. swore losing, even thought he didn't lose. He would also tell his subjects fellow clan mates when to talk if no body was or when to stop adding the emotes if people were using them in chat. Now I'm free I will be looking out for some good, nice clan to recruit me.    

Edit: this was meant for off topic section...

The first reason that comes to mind was whether or not those members were inactive for any significant ammount of time since I will tend to kick more than one member at a time if they go inactive for more than a month.

other than that they just sound like a poor leader, maby for the next clan you find try talking to the members for a bit before deciding whether or not to stay so you don't get too attached if it's bad.

Removed Clan name to protect individuals involved. Moved to Off Topic.

This doesn't really seem like an abuse of power to me. If they are the Clan Leader, they can make whatever arbitrary rule there is and enforce it. An abuse of power would be to use the power given to you to commit an act that is against the rules established. They aren't breaking any rules by kicking you, so I don't see what the wrongdoing is.

1 minute ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Ugh... John Emerich Edward Dalberg famous quote que.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."?

Perhaps, but that's a different standpoint than power abuse. They may hold hands, but they don't share the same bed.

1 minute ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."?

Perhaps, but that's a different standpoint than power abuse. They may hold hands, but they don't share the same bed.

A much smaller scale, but the concept is identical albeit not complete.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Diffrent clans have diffrent rules. The first clan that recruited me did so from recruiting chat...then they said to be in their clan I needed to sign up on their alliance website, so I did. Then they told me that I had to stop associating with any gamers not in the clan...including ones in other games--even ones not associated with warframe. So I politely told them it would have been nice for them to explain this before inviting me into their clan and showed myself to the door. Now I'm in a clan that I enjoy and don't have any nonsense rules...The field of clans is pretty wide so don't feel like you "have" to stay with the first one you get into. Find one with people that you enjoy chatting and playing with...

I ran multiple clans back in the days, but I never implement any rules or stuffs like that.

The reason is simple, it's a game, and people are free to do whatever the F*** they want to do. Kicking someone isn't doing any actual punishment to them, in fact no game will give their guild leaders the power to PUNISH their other customers.

I can simply tell you that if people know what does it mean to treat another human being with respect and not cause any trouble to them, that is just simple self behaving. 

Your clan, assuming you didn't lied about anything, you should be glad to got kicked out. Think about it, you follow rules in schools, workplace, society, and playing this game you are also following the rules of not cheating... WHY would you want to join another community within this game to post more restrictions on yourself? It's just a game, it's meant to be fun, not obedience.