The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's high time we got a new lever action rifle

AdunSaveMe

53 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

I meant punchthrough granting two points on a single target.

i don't recall that, but i'll look now.
not seeing it, only getting 2 hits with Multishot and 1 without.

unrelated, i'd consider the Mod much more tempting if it also reduced the stupid Vidjya Game Scope sway. (or just significantly less innately pls, should only be 1-2°, not 10+)
i wish more people that made games that have guns used guns.

51 minutes ago, Zerga-08 said:

Lever action? Pfff, I want a bolt action with no scope. Kinda like the Grinlok, but with a bolt.

Vectis is very close, IMO. the low Zoom value is pretty low. 4x 3x is certainly higher than Fine Aim though.

Edited by taiiat

2 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

The ONLY difference would be a barely-noticed firing animation.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure you can load a bolt action rifle the same way. What's that thing called where you slide rounds into the side or underside of the gun? I have no idea. But, that. That's one of the mechanics, reload shot by shot, can be interrupted to fire quickly.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Plus, I'm not entirely sure you can load a bolt action rifle the same way. What's that thing called where you slide rounds into the side or underside of the gun? I have no idea. But, that. That's one of the mechanics, reload shot by shot, can be interrupted to fire quickly.

Loading port, I think it's called. But that's not entirely the defining trait of either one. Both can be magazine fed, and I believe only lever actions and pump actions can load shots into a tube. (Mind you, this design is no longer seen for a reason. It's much, much slower to load each shot.) Single-shot loading is not very popular in warframe for a reason. It takes forever.

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Loading port, I think it's called. But that's not entirely the defining trait of either one. Both can be magazine fed, and I believe only lever actions and pump actions can load shots into a tube. (Mind you, this design is no longer seen for a reason. It's much, much slower to load each shot.) Single-shot loading is not very popular in warframe for a reason. It takes forever.

It just needs to be faster and smoother. It could work.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

rtainly higher than Fine Aim though.

Fyi, base zoom level when scoped in with a Vectis is exactly the same as with Latron.

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

No, single shot loading will NEVER be faster than a magazine. That is literally the point of a magazine.

Realism argument, yeah!

1 minute ago, Rehtael7 said:

No, single shot loading will NEVER be faster than a magazine. That is literally the point of a magazine.

I know it won't be faster than a magazine. It's just an idea.

Alternatively it could just have the same firing mechanic as the vectis, with the shell ejection acting as a reload. Come up with some space magic mumbo jumbo.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

1 minute ago, Mofixil said:

Fyi, base zoom level when scoped in with a Vectis is exactly the same as with Latron.

Realism argument, yeah!

Not even realism, just common sense. Even using videogame logic, the single shot load is supposed to be slower. It's the tradeoff for the ability to only load as much as you need before you start firing, but in Warframe there is rarely a reason to do this.

3 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Not even realism, just common sense. Even using videogame logic, the single shot load is supposed to be slower. It's the tradeoff for the ability to only load as much as you need before you start firing, but in Warframe there is rarely a reason to do this.

It could work. Reloading after every shot is a weird thing to do with a lever action rifle. Magazine-fed compromises design and makes it less unique, forcing a full reload when you only want to top up like every other gun.

39 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

(Mind you, this design is no longer seen for a reason. It's much, much slower to load each shot.) Single-shot loading is not very popular in warframe for a reason. It takes forever.

however, you can manage much more ridiculous sized cartridges more compactly with Bolt or Lever Action.
it has it's uses even in modern times, for cartridges that are... very large.

some .50BMG Sniper Rifles do have Magazines and Semi-Automatic Receivers but they become very bulky in order to do so.

36 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

i don't think that's what was being said. i read:

'could be faster than it is now in the game on Strun series to make it less pointlessly slow'.

35 minutes ago, Mofixil said:

so it is. good observation. i never noticed in Combat, too busy shooting.

you also made me notice the Vectis Article is out of date with it's Scope ratings, which i'll fix.

Edited by taiiat

3 minutes ago, (XB1)LinkRidingLinx said:

Last time I checked, Latron isn't lever action.

I never said it was lever action.

If you had read the other comments, you might see that I was using the latron as an example of a mid range rifle that does not require a scope