Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Molecular Prime

(PSN)steeldreamz

Question

I am pretty new at the game for forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to figure out how or if Molecular prime works after the initial cast. (judging this from how Nyx's modded Chaos works)

What I see is MP dome out to my current range. Anything alive at that point is Primed but anything coming into my circle after initial cast (and remaining duration) is not affected by MP.

i.e. I am standing on warframe box during Defense. Cast MP, first few mobs get primed, the remainder of the group passes into my dome and is not affected.

Is this the case or is my graphics being a little slow to drop the effects from MP.?

8 answers to this question

The way the dome travels is based on your duration not range. It could be an issue with your graphics card not being up to par or lag. It could also be a problem where they are primed, but don't show particles. Having a high power will easily show if an enemy is slowed, but no particles.

MP waves have a travel time that is affected by duration. So the range that MP expands is actually affected by duration. As the waves travels it affects the enmies that come into contact with it. If you casted MP and the wave is traveling far away from you and an enemy comes near you, he won´t be affected. 

Duration determines the total range of the wave that primes stuff.  Power strength determines how far enemies are slowed (or sped up if duration is below 100%), but not the damage multiplier...which is locked at 2x.  Range determines the range of the explosion that comes from killing things that have been primed, but not the range of the wave that primes stuff.  Don't hesitate to use narrow minded, continuity, and constitution in your build to blowout MP's range.

I got to go and play a few Invasion alerts today. The rooms were dark, so I could actually see my dome  expanding and hitting everything till the duration ended.

4 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

MP waves have a travel time that is affected by duration. So the range that MP expands is actually affected by duration. As the waves travels it affects the enmies that come into contact with it. If you casted MP and the wave is traveling far away from you and an enemy comes near you, he won´t be affected. 

So does this part mean that if my wave has past a spawn door, the new enemies won't get primed?

1 hour ago, (PS4)steeldreamz said:

I got to go and play a few Invasion alerts today. The rooms were dark, so I could actually see my dome  expanding and hitting everything till the duration ended.

So does this part mean that if my wave has past a spawn door, the new enemies won't get primed?

Yep. They have to get hit by the wave.

Edited by Hman745

On 02/05/2016 at 6:37 PM, (PS4)steeldreamz said:

Exactly. They need to get hit by the wave.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch
mispell