The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeches in the Rathuum Event

Anatares3228

55 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I turned on time stamps on chat, attempt to talk to the AFK person and then screenshot conversation as well as where they're AFK'ing and end of mission results.  Gives a time log of how long they've been in one place and their lack of participation. 

This.

Carrying them or aborting the mission fixes nothing. They'll probably just leech in their next sessions again and again unless stopped.

21 hours ago, Anatares3228 said:

Anyone else notice that there are people who get into the match then just do nothing? And they do this over multiple events? I think there should be some kind of requirement to get any credit for a match like getting at least 1 kill or doing so much damage in an event. Because I just had a match earlier where I scored 21 out of the 25 requisite kills to win, the other four went to the guy who joined just before the match ended.

I have both seen and experienced a few variants of this. Some Tenno will start the mission and just stand there, an apparent AFK. I have done this before, but not intentionally - my game will sometimes take as long to load as the mission, or I'll load into a half-frozen mission and experience host migration a few seconds later. While I'm sure there are some AFK Tenno out there, there are also many like myself who are experiencing connection issues (I've been having bad connection days since U18.5).

In the case of Tenno properly present in the mission but seemingly uninvolved, sometimes this is a case of a still-learning player and sometimes it's because another player might be in the wrong intensity of mission. My first few Rathuum were pretty ugly and I did not do well, but at the time I was still learning about the wildly new mission type: what's the map like, how do the enemies work, where did my energy go, why am I suddenly on fire and dead now, how can a sentinel do so much damage, and other questions were still slowly being answered.

After I became more comfortable with Rathuum and found a couple loadouts I liked, I started getting more adventurous with play, but 4/5 times I'll still get very few kills despite being a capable combatant. This is partly because on a large map with few enemies, I spend a lot of time just trying to find the Executioners. But then there are also players who are clearly overpowered and/or overzealous in the mission (I usually play Mission 2), players who show up with Bladestorm or Tonkor and one-shot Executioners before I can even find the Grineer or get within range. This is the majority case, I find, players who in trying to earn points quickly make the mission a cakewalk for others. This can be a boon for nervous Tenno (your so-called leeches), but for those who actually want a combative challenge, overpowered players will show up and wreck all the Grineer before you get a chance to fight.

Leeches exist, absolutely. Everyone wants those shiny new fist weapons. But not everyone who gets 0-3 kills of 25 is avoiding combat. There are a host of Tenno who are simply too powerful for the mission, and they often prevent others experiencing any kind of challenge in Rathuum. It's actually pretty irritating.

21 hours ago, Beelzebubbles said:

I'm at mastery rank 9, just returned to the game about a week ago. I have no idea how y'all are staying alive and killing anything in Rathuum--I'm getting my &#! handed to me and my best weapons are doing $&*^-all to the level 60 executioners. 

I'm trying not to be a negative influence on match outcome but I'm embarrassed to be in there and get zero kills and a buncha deaths. But I can't bring myself to do the lower-tier grinds to get to Kela. 

So, apologies to everyone, and thank you for the carry. 

As an aside, I really need to figure out how to increase my damage output. 

Having the right aura helps too, try using Corrosive projection aura. Never ran an ash frame and did fine as a warcry valkyr .

Just now, ravend said:

Having the right aura helps too, try using Corrosive projection aura. Never ran an ash frame and did fine as a warcry valkyr .

Another aura the real helps everyone is Enemy Radar, as it is useful for people that do not have a free slot to use Enemy Sense. It makes a huge difference being able to quickly find the Ai and not having to waste time trying to find that stuck Ai or group that is lost. It doesn't not improve damage but it makes a real difference in game speed and it not like the tier 3 Ai need corrosive projection.

5 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

Another aura the real helps everyone is Enemy Radar, as it is useful for people that do not have a free slot to use Enemy Sense. It makes a huge difference being able to quickly find the Ai and not having to waste time trying to find that stuck Ai or group that is lost. It doesn't not improve damage but it makes a real difference in game speed and it not like the tier 3 Ai need corrosive projection.

No but it helps, too many ran with steel charge or engery siphon. At tier 3, never saw melee and matches didn't last long enough for engery siphon to make a diifference.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Leeches exist, absolutely. Everyone wants those shiny new fist weapons. But not everyone who gets 0-3 kills of 25 is avoiding combat. There are a host of Tenno who are simply too powerful for the mission, and they often prevent others experiencing any kind of challenge in Rathuum. It's actually pretty irritating.

I am all for a Matchmaking revision that takes both Mastery Level and Conclave Rating into account when grouping up Public Tenno Squads.

IMO in this event you can't really leech. Even by just being there you contribute becasue more Executors spawn so mission is faster. So yeah, i don't give a damn if someone is leeching.

Also, people are using Ash because he's best pick here. As cool as Rathum is when you run it for 40th time for Vengeful Revenant... you just want to end it as quick as possible

4 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

I am all for a Matchmaking revision that takes both Mastery Level and Conclave Rating into account when grouping up Public Tenno Squads.

Not a bad idea, this. Maybe not the Mastery Level since it's a pretty vague system of grading a player, but I'd be down for matchmaking based on your loadout's Conclave rating. They tried setting rating limitations on some event missions a while back (forget what it was called, Grineer levels with dense fog and lots of Bailiffs). It was a clever way to make sure new players had access to the event and veteran players still had a something of a challenge, although it did annoy some people having to readjust their loadout to fit within the parameters. Something like that -- but of course with squad matchmaking instead of limitations on the missions themselves -- might just work really well.

This happens to me sometimes. Not because I go AFK, but because there's always a player with an Ash in the match with me, and he kills everything so fast with Blade Storm that I can't get more than a few kills.

Edited by DuskLegendary

Simple fix, people who don't respond or move around get no exp or rewards, or add a prompt at the beginning, there are so many ways this can be addressed but DE doesn't care, its their mindset that so long as they push out an event however poorly executed its still considered content,  people standing on the energy spawns? put a damn electrical trap that triggers if someone stands on it to long, or put a button underneath it, again so many freakin ways that these issues could be addressed.

1 hour ago, Yuemeria said:

Simple fix, people who don't respond or move around get no exp or rewards, or add a prompt at the beginning, there are so many ways this can be addressed but DE doesn't care, its their mindset that so long as they push out an event however poorly executed its still considered content,  people standing on the energy spawns? put a damn electrical trap that triggers if someone stands on it to long, or put a button underneath it, again so many freakin ways that these issues could be addressed.

It doesn't work for the single experience of a player moving about the map taking all the energy orbs to stay invisible.

55 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

It doesn't work for the single experience of a player moving about the map taking all the energy orbs to stay invisible.

I think we are talking about people afking and standing on the orb spawns, if they are moving around the level then thats fine, at least they are doing something.