Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime/Sonicor Advice

(PSN)JuvePT

Question

Hey guys! 1st post here.

I´m relatively new in Warframe (since February, clocked 200h and loving WF), most of the time  i´ve been farming/leveling frames and weapons.

So Boltor Prime, Sonicor and Galatine/Dragon Nikana is the set i use the most. Since melee weapons are not very effective in late game i need a solid build for the other 2.

This is my B Prime build, recently played Hieracon and it killed everything until level 70 and struggled to kill anything around 90. Where can i improve on my build?

B. Prime Build

I find the Sonicor to be an extremely useful secondary, since B. Prime is a meat grinder for single targets, Sonicor is an emergency plan for CC. I have around 15-20 Forma BP so that´s not a problem.

Which builds do you use for a forma´d Sonicor?

Sorry for my english :P

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, (PS4)JuvePT said:

How noticable is -55% accuracy?

Farming Heavy Cal will be a pain in the &#! xD

Ehh Heavy Cal has a noticeable difference in accuracy but not so much that you'll miss your shots. I recommend not using Heavy Cal on Bows, Snipers, Crossbows, Launchers,  & Harpak (rifle). 

I personally like sonicor over staticor and since you are asking about sonicor builds, here is one I use with great success:

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Sonicor/t_30_22220333_193-3-5-195-6-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-207-1-10-209-5-5-487-7-10-532-4-5_204-7-207-7-206-6-193-6-532-11-209-6-195-6-487-8/en/3-0-73/93063/0

be warned though, its a 7 forma build that also requires pummel mod and primed heated charge

Edited by Crimson_Fury

Sonicor has an incredible Status Chance, throwing on lots of Status Elementals for Utility purpose will serve well. whether that's Radiaion/Viral, Corrosive/Ice, or w/e. (not Blast though - it already Ragdolls them, sooo, Blast is redundant)
and... Sonicor triggers and takes advantage of Ragdoll multihitting exploits, so it deals more than enough Damage. this will be fixed eventually though.

either way it's not intended to be much of a Damage Weapon (only doing so due to the multihitting).

for general use, i'm fond of:

qxOdxzZ.png

however i could see some niche choices due to Sonicors' unique traits, such as Ruinous Extension, Anemic Agility, Et Cetera.
(Magnum Force is a useless Mod, just FYI)

for Boltor Prime, just piling on all of the Damage Mods basically sums that up. Heavy Caliber is a free upgrade on Boltor Prime, Punch-Through will help with higher Level Enemies, and then just throwing on all of the Elementals in sight.
for what you're doing with it, replace Wildfire with Heavy Caliber and that's it.
no real customization there.

Edited by taiiat

12 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Maxing out your Serration and replacing that Wildfire with Heavy Caliber should make a noticable difference.

Sonicor ... dunno, I'm more of a Staticor fanboy :P

How noticable is -55% accuracy?

8 hours ago, (PS4)JuvePT said:

Meh, if you can handle level 70s, Vault runs shouldn't pose any danger
and there's a bunch of pretty much mandatory Mods to be found there so get to it :P