Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Chat Prices

On 5/3/2016 at 7:44 PM, JeyciKon said:

Something that is almost impossible to get will obviously be expensive even if it has no use, is like a dead unicorn..

if you want a dead unicorn because it's rare, that's silly too.  

collecting dinosaur droppings?  they're pretty rare. 

On 2016-05-03 at 4:54 PM, onieyez said:

but argon scope is kinda useless, the only time i used it was with dex sybaris, and then I toss that weapon to collect dust, the game is so fast, nobody has time to headshot every mob that would've die with just a body shot anyways

except it's not

AFAIK, it's a serious bump to synoid simulor's, Soma prime's and the best gun of all time Tonkor's damage output

2 hours ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

My soma prime red crits all day long with argon scope

Nope. If I may math for a second...

Soma Prime has a base 30% chance to crit.  When you add Point Strike (+150%), you turn that into 75% to crit.  With Vital Sense, your crit multiplier is 6.6, meaning that your average damage (because not every shot crits) is

X+ 0.75*(6.6X-X) =  5.2X

(where X is your displayed raw damage)

When you trigger Argon Scope, you get an additional 135% of base crit chance, making your crit chance 115.5%

This means that effectively your base damage is now 6.6X, with a 15.5% chance of doubling that to 13.2X.  That comes out to be an average damage of

6.6X + 0.155*(13.2X-6.6X) = 7.623X

If we compare your average damage with Argon Scope to your average damage without it, that's a performance increase of 46%.  Cool!  But adding a second 90% elemental mod already gets +47% damage increase relative to a single element, AND gives you more freedom in your elemental choices scoring even more damage from using the damage types that your targets are weak to, AND it doesn't force you to use aim down sights all the time (which slows you down a lot and makes you take more damage).

Argon Scope doesn't make you red crit all the time.  If you're seeing constant red crits, then you have other game mechanics in play that you have not disclosed.  In fact Argon Scope is only mathematically worthwhile (before considering target vulnerabilities) if you already have 2 90% elements equipped. And even then, in light of the fact that adding a third 90% elemental is a 32% increase to total performance to Argon Scope's 46% but without any of the down sides, I'd say it's pretty debatable if it's worth it even then.  Argon Scope is definitely the clear winner if you are already committed to 3 elements, but at that point what are you giving up to fit it in? This is your last slot, so Argon Scope is directly competing against the likes of Shred (which is +30% DPS, punch through, and faster spool times) and Heavy Caliber (an astonishing +62.5% to final damage, for people that like their Soma to be short ranged).

Edited by Momaw

1 hour ago, Momaw said:

Soma Prime has a base 30% chance to crit.  When you add Point Strike (+150%), you turn that into 75% to crit.  With Vital Sense, your crit multiplier is 6.6, meaning that your average damage (because not every shot crits) is

X+ 0.75*(6.6X-X) =  5.2X

When you trigger Argon Scope, you get an additional 135% of base crit chance, making your crit chance 115.5%

This means that effectively your base damage is now 6.6X, with a 15.5% chance of doubling that to 13.2X.  That comes out to be an average damage of

If we compare your average damage with Argon Scope to your average damage without it, that's a performance increase of 46%.  Cool!  But adding a second 90% elemental mod already gets +47% damage increase relative to a single element, AND gives you more freedom in your elemental choices scoring even more damage from using the damage types that your targets are weak to, AND it doesn't force you to use aim down sights all the time (which slows you down a lot and makes you take more damage).

Argon Scope doesn't make you red crit all the time.  If you're seeing constant red crits, then you have other game mechanics in play that you have not disclosed.  In fact Argon Scope is only mathematically worthwhile (before considering target vulnerabilities) if you already have 2 90% elements equipped. And even then, in light of the fact that adding a third 90% elemental is a 32% increase to total performance to Argon Scope's 46% but without any of the down sides, I'd say it's pretty debatable if it's worth it even then.  Argon Scope is definitely the clear winner if you are already committed to 3 elements, but at that point what are you giving up to fit it in? This is your last slot, so Argon Scope is directly competing against the likes of Shred (which is +30% DPS, punch through, and faster spool times) and Heavy Caliber (an astonishing +62.5% to final damage, for people that like their Soma to be short ranged).

Could you 'math' against the fact that the crit bonus will affect your double elemental combo that does +75% while a third elemental mod might not even do full damage?

Seems to me it would be superior when running solo(or in abesence of full armour strip CP) againt sortie level grineer.

I'd wager argon scope is pretty good(note: 'not optimal') on hitscan weapons it can get into red crit land. And tonkor.

Sorry you had to deal with this bit of toxicity OP. Yes, I paid 250 Platinum for my Argon Scope, but the seller didn't have to conduct business in that manner. Gets a response he doesn't like > immediately blocks you. All he had to do was calmly explain why Argon was such a high price, how rare it was, and his price range. If he wasn't willing to sell it that low, all he had to say was "Sorry, I'm wanting price for my mod, nothing less" and calmly move on without pulling out the block card.

9 hours ago, Momaw said:

X+ 0.75*(6.6X-X) =  5.2X

I was just using it as an expression, you took my meaning literal which obviously I don't get red crits every single shot... But the soma makes it very easy to line up head shots on a horde of enemies when all you have to do is aim at head height and strafe left and right. My build is point strike, argon scope, vital sense, split chamber, r8 heavy cal,   Serration, infected clip and stormbringer. Works pretty well for me only 3 forma 

Edited by (PS4)Musicopia

All I can really contribute to this topic is to give you three tips.

- It is better if you never ever do any trades with Sellers who don't state the prices of the items they are selling you. The reason for this is because most of them are probably gonna try to screw you out of your plats

- Use WTB (Item) Price if you think the item you are buying is being sold too expensive. A friend of mine bought a R6 Transient Fortitude for 10p and I also bought mods for half the price most Sellers were offering. You just have to be patient.

- Use Warframe Marketplace (just google it up and it should be the first website) if you want to trade. All you have to do is search up the item you want, see who is selling for how much and then pm them ingame. The rest is normal trades.

Also, while I can't guarantee that this will be successful, you can also offer to buy for plats and a certain amount or prime junks or mods that you don't need. Could save you some plats.

Edited by Haspitas