Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should i do to make this better? (Open Opinion on a Helmet)

I have been reworking an skin i made a few months ago

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635705477

I said on Steam i would try and make a Alt helmet, been working on the sculpt

What should I do to make this more warframe like? (Dont worry about the center line issue, thats due to mirror mode, i am actually only rendering one half because the low poly model has a mirrored UV). 

Current Sculpt status 

cgcaCW5.jpgZwjfKx6.jpg

I am open to any opinion, but i am primarly looking for what kind of details should i add so it fits warframe better. 

I think you should pm the other tennogen creators because most of us are just spectators . 

But if I had to say something id say work on the top of the helmet , it reminds me to much of volts original helm . But that's just me of course 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

maybe add more grooves to the top and front of the head

also try it without the horn/nose in the front cause right now that part of the helmet reminds me a bit too much of the current default volt helm

Edited by Melos-mevim

accentuating the 'vent'/'energy thingy' features on the helmet could help tie it more strongly to Volt.
definitely ensuring that 'core' in the rear center is accentuated though, with a variety of 'lights' in an interesting arrangement.

Arcing between the two 'ear' things would be pretty neat, but i have a feeling that's not within capabilities of the User Generated Content system currently.

24 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

maybe add more grooves to the top and front of the head

also try it without the horn/nose in the front cause right now that part of the helmet reminds me a bit too much of the current default volt helm

Ahh okay definally, i was thinking the same thing with the nose. Ill probably make a brand new sculpt, thats much more clean and with more grooves, and removing the nose for sure. 

20 minutes ago, taiiat said:

accentuating the 'vent'/'energy thingy' features on the helmet could help tie it more strongly to Volt.
definitely ensuring that 'core' in the rear center is accentuated though, with a variety of 'lights' in an interesting arrangement.

Arcing between the two 'ear' things would be pretty neat, but i have a feeling that's not within capabilities of the User Generated Content system currently.

Doesn't hurt to try, I was thinking DE could add lightning to arc between the horns, like they are coils. Was kind of the my view on this helmet. However there will definally be some sort of core in the rear center too when i work on the emissive map and the diffuse. 

Edit: Just removed nose on the low poly model, looks much better now, just need to make a new sculpt now. 

Edited by Darealslenderman
Info on removing Nose

this is a note for the helmet texture for later ofcourse I think a static effect on the horns would be good. . . however that does bring up the problem of if you can texture or not however so there is that , also you should make a mask like effect that merges the "nose" with the chin... but if anything I said inspires you to do anything else go ahead.