Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine, Furax Wraith or Plasma sword?

Gefy

Question

5 answers to this question

Plasma sword is starter tier weapon, not really worth using past mastery.

Furax Wraith can be fun but is still at best only a mediocre weapon.

Galatine is top tier. It's not as good as Scindo Prime. It has slightly longer range but less damage and worse crit stats.

Depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Galatine hits multiple enemies. Furax Wraith is fast and does insane single target damage with good crits. Plasma sword is bit meh these days, but not totally trash.

People say some weapons don't work, but I HAVE taken a vanilla Skana into battle in sorties and raids and come out on top against lvl 100+ opponents when modded well. The ONLY weapon I have found that I won't use again is the Halikar because why would I disarm enemies when I can kill them?

It is not the weapon that makes it good or bad. It is how the player mods it and uses it.

Edited by Kalenath

Also, there's a ton of other variables here, like do you have Tempo Royale for Galatine or Gaia's Tragedy for Furax? Do you have combo crit mods (Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker) or are you going for a simple elemental build? What frame are you using? What playstyle are you going for and what mission?

As a general preference, i'd take Furax Wraith with crit combo build (Blood Rush, Fury, Pressure Point, Organ Shatter, Body Count, Berserker, 2 Elementals) over any heavy blade, even Scindo Prime or War, much less Galatine, because Berserker'd fists with Gaia's Tragedy allow for much greater mobility and cc than slow wide arcs of Tempo Royale or almost stationary spins of Cleaving Whirlwind (unless we're talking about infested defense, but in that case Jet Kitty with Crushing Ruin and Vulcan Blitz blow everything out of the water).

As for Plasma Sword, it, and pretty much all one-handed swords, are outclassed by easily obtainable Broken War, and even then I find them not worth using without Vengeful Revenant, because Crimson Dervish, although allows swords to deal triple damage, is too slow and immobile for my tastes.

P.S. While Rathuum is up, I'd recommend you go farm missions 1,2 and 3 for rare stances. You'll need them later.

Furax wraith and galatine are worth the trouble, Furax wraith has amazing crit chance and decent damage, works well as crit build, really fun to use with ground finishers. Galatine excel because of high damage and range. 

Plasma sword... is not exactly the best melee, may work on PvP tho.