Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this some new glitch/exploit?

Noioiy

Question

I went into the game today and joined a draco match. There was an Atlas, a Frost and a Mirage.

Now as soon as we went up the Mirage cast HoM and started throwing her Glaive Prime around. And this thing gave me a huge FPS drop.

I wouldn't be surprised if the charge time of each glaive throw was normal, but it wasn't. Apparently she was kind of spamming her glaive all around the map like it was an automatic weapon. I'll attach some SS to show what it was like.

Screenshots can be found here : http://imgur.com/a/0DnB2

Edited by Noioiy
screeshots with mad ps skills added

8 answers to this question

No its just an easily reproducable bug.

Step 1: Activate Mirage and have a throwable melee equipped(not quick melee)

Step 2: Use the charge attack once and then just use it like you would normally

The HoM Mirages will keep throwing their throwable melee weapon until they expire but don't seem to do any real damage(tested with halikar. They did around 2 damage per hit each)

Edited by Icpmcp

I've seen something similar, but with a Redeemer during a match in Rathuum : the guy was litterally going full auto with it.

PS : it was not a Mirage, so it seems the Warframe doesn't change anything.

Edited by Arkhenbarn
Little precision

This has also been plaguing Conclave as of late, as the extra projectiles are treated as actual projectiles as well, which can lead to some easy kills if those going up against this exploit have poor dodging skills.

When I first saw it, I assumed it to be some kind of sync error, as has been occurring as of late with other weapons, but apparently it's not about synchronization, it has something to do with the rate of fire on weapons not properly applying to Mirage's reflections, at least not with thrown weapons, which have their rate of fire based upon if they're thrown or if they have returned.

Either way, hope it is resolved soon.

15 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

I think that in one of the Devstreams Steve said that Mirage gives problems across the board with her abilities.  I see if I can find the link.

It was just a usage statistic, that Mirage was, on average, the toughest on CPUs/Graphics Cards, which is kinda obvious. There are 5 of her and all of her effects are highly particle-based as well as light-to-dark+ reflections. Add that to have 5 weapon effects with, frankly, weapons like the ignis and the (synoid) simulor and you are just asking for trouble.

Imagine the processing load from an all Mirage raid.

9 minutes ago, -VV-william said:

@Arkhenbarn the redeemer full auto is a known bug/glitch/exploit whatever it's categorized as

edit: don't know if it's fixed already since recent search on forums said it's only visual

@Gelkor only 2 of Mirage HoM copy fires the weapon, so it's 3 including Mirage herself

They still appear to fire the weapon, so particle effects.

1 hour ago, Noioiy said:

Mirage cast HoM and started throwing her Glaive Prime around.

Mirage anything is FPS death for some people.  It is the bane of the programmers, trying to tame her.  They seriously need to just rework that entire ability into some other clone concept.

Its hall of mirrors right?  I imagine a fat mirage, and super skinny tall mirage, and short fat mirage, and a mirage that drags you into the mirror and stabs you fifty times.

Did I have a bad experience at a carnival you ask? STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!