Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whose Played the Overwatch Beta?

(PSN)joshw1400

41 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Pharah, Bastion, Genji, and Soldier 76 need to get nerfed into the ground.

You play Widowmaker right? 

Seems like you are getting rekt by heros that punish poor positioning. 

Widowmaker can wreck Pharah if she is a good shot, especially during her ult. 

Bastion is a pain to deal with if you run at him like some braindead mongoloid. Long range heros with spiky damage like Hanzo, Pharah and Widowmaker can destroy him. 

Honestly you should try play all the heros and see how they feel, and what beats you when you play them. 

I used to find facing mercy a pain in the &#!. Then I tried her and realised that 80% of the time the person she is healing is completely blind, and that mercy herself doesn't have in combat healing, just focus her first instead of thr Reinhardt shield. 

As far as Genji goes, a good one will stick their swords up your butthole, no matter what you do, thankfully there aren't many good Genji players.

1 hour ago, Sixty5 said:

You play Widowmaker right? 

Seems like you are getting rekt by heros that punish poor positioning. 

Widowmaker can wreck Pharah if she is a good shot, especially during her ult. 

Bastion is a pain to deal with if you run at him like some braindead mongoloid. Long range heros with spiky damage like Hanzo, Pharah and Widowmaker can destroy him. 

Honestly you should try play all the heros and see how they feel, and what beats you when you play them. 

I used to find facing mercy a pain in the &#!. Then I tried her and realised that 80% of the time the person she is healing is completely blind, and that mercy herself doesn't have in combat healing, just focus her first instead of thr Reinhardt shield. 

As far as Genji goes, a good one will stick their swords up your butthole, no matter what you do, thankfully there aren't many good Genji players.

Yes.

I usually to change positions (giggity) after every kill or two, but some maps/modes have garbage sniping spots.

I'm a pretty good shot, but when Pharah shoots first, death is a 99% chance. 

I don't have a problem fighting Bastion, he's just OP, if somebody uses him, they're most likely getting play of the game.

I tried out the random or mystery whatever it's called gamemode, had some fun, but Widowmaker is hawt :P

If I see a Mercy on the enemy team, I focus on her first, that's just common sense.

Bigger player base, maybe? From what I've seen, everybody that uses Genji, knows how to use Genji. I'm in the mindset that if I see a Genji coming for me, I grapple my succulent titanium behind out of there and hope to god he'll sod off.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Yes.

I usually to change positions (giggity) after every kill or two, but some maps/modes have garbage sniping spots.

I'm a pretty good shot, but when Pharah shoots first, death is a 99% chance. 

I don't have a problem fighting Bastion, he's just OP, if somebody uses him, they're most likely getting play of the game.

I tried out the random or mystery whatever it's called gamemode, had some fun, but Widowmaker is hawt :P

If I see a Mercy on the enemy team, I focus on her first, that's just common sense.

Bigger player base, maybe? From what I've seen, everybody that uses Genji, knows how to use Genji. I'm in the mindset that if I see a Genji coming for me, I grapple my succulent titanium behind out of there and hope to god he'll sod off.

Most Genji players I face don't move around well. I can usually rocket them from up high before they realise they can dash to me. 

Bastion only gets so many big plays because maps are designed with choke points and it is really easy to set up and hold lmb. Getting a good Bastion ult isn't actually that easy. When you play Bastion you have to balance sightlines with exposure. At long range he does crap damage so you can just snipe him. 

As far as Pharah vs Widowmaker goes, I find whoever sees the other first wins. If I see a Widowmaker, she can no longer snipe, because she will take a rocket to the face, and if she sees me, then I get 1 shot due to low mobility in between rocket jumps and boosts. 

The game actually feels really well balanced for every skill level I have played at so far. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Pharah, Bastion, Genji, and Soldier 76 need to get nerfed into the ground.

They're fine as it is. Roadhog needs a nerf though as you can pretty much insta-kill nearly every class by grappling them towards you and then shotgunning them.

I played alot of d.va, the engineer guy (who's name i cannot spell), bastion, roadhog (who's pretty much the most noob friendly class there is, same with bastion) and sometimes i play other classes

5 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

They're fine as it is. Roadhog needs a nerf though as you can pretty much insta-kill nearly every class by grappling them towards you and then shotgunning them.

I played alot of d.va, the engineer guy (who's name i cannot spell), bastion, roadhog (who's pretty much the most noob friendly class there is, same with bastion) and sometimes i play other classes

I've actually killed several Roadhogs in CQC after being grappled. I just slip behind them before they fire and unload.

Torbjorn?

1 minute ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I've actually killed several Roadhogs in CQC after being grappled. I just slip behind them before they fire and unload.

Torbjorn?

They're easy to kill from afar but at close range, you normally die unless you play any agile class such as tracer or any class which can compete with his tankiness.

and yes, torbjorn was the one i couldn't spell XD

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

They're easy to kill from afar but at close range, you normally die unless you play any agile class such as tracer or any class which can compete with his tankiness.

and yes, torbjorn was the one i couldn't spell XD

Or if you're agile enough with Widowmaker :3

But don't even get me started on how much I hate Tracer. However, one-shotting her is a fantastic feeling.

5 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Mei is the answer to all your problems. She's gonna build a great Wall to keep the bastions and rushers out. She's gonna meik ameirica great again. 

I hate that weab. The wall I understand, but healing yourself and freezing enemies in place is just horse$#!%.

2 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I hate that weab. The wall I understand, but healing yourself and freezing enemies in place is just horse$#!%.

She weapon isn't that powerful though but it is pretty decent.

All classes can be countered in a way, like bastion. Just use roadhog's hook and reel him in, making him come out of his turret mode and making him deal less damage. Or you could always shoot him from afar with widowmaker or hanzo, fly into him with D.va's mech, confuse him with tracer (or just stick a bomb on him), use pyra's knock back ability to push him off cliffs or out of tight corners or high places or just use lucieo's knockback ability to do the same. Use reinhardt's shield to protect your team from his bullets or just pin him and kill him with his charging ability (or knock him down with his ult).

Edited by crimsonspartan1
I cannot spell for ****

5 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Me every time there is a Widowmaker on the enemy team:

I don't seem to have too much trouble with widowmakers actually. 

Anyway , the open beta's ended and now we have to wait a few weeks before it comes out for real :|

does anyone know the release date for it btw?

2 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I don't seem to have too much trouble with widowmakers actually. 

Anyway , the open beta's ended and now we have to wait a few weeks before it comes out for real :|

does anyone know the release date for it btw?

Nor do I, I just love blowing their faces off while they're looking for me >:D

(in the span of 1 minute) I ranked up, got a pack, opened it, gave me coins so I bought Widow's nuit skin, equip it, go to find a match and it kicks me to the dash as the servers shut down. Grizzly was not amused.

May 24th.

Just now, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Nor do I, I just love blowing their faces off while they're looking for me >:D

(in the span of 1 minute) I ranked up, got a pack, opened it, gave me coins so I bought Widow's nuit skin, equip it, go to find a match and it kicks me to the dash as the servers shut down. Grizzly was not amused.

May 24th.

Dam, bad luck XD

Anyway, may 24th. Awesome.

3 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

Things I loved about the beta:

It was very fun

Things I hate about the beta:

Seeing someone own the whole team with one class, then trying out that class for yourself and sucking really hard.

Every time there is a whole team of one class, i seem to always get play of the game with everything but widowmaker and a couple of others. 

The beta is fun and the full game will be even better.

I just hope you can find credits in other ways aside from only those levelup crates.

9 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Every time there is a whole team of one class, i seem to always get play of the game with everything but widowmaker and a couple of others. 

The beta is fun and the full game will be even better.

I just hope you can find credits in other ways aside from only those levelup crates.

I got play of the game with Widowmaker at least half a dozen times, it felt even more victorious after I bought her the 'I see you' highlight into :D

Yeah, my hope is credits will be rewarded with achievements/challenges or something. Some emblems are unlocked by doing certain things, so it would be both smart and great if credits are too.