Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban (Prime) Help! Calling All Engineers!

Gameverseman

Question

Hey Everyone,

So I'm assuming by now most, if not everyone, has heard about the next prime frame: Vauban. After looking into Vauban, and subsequently Vauban Prime, I thought it would be a good idea to have him. But given that farming basic Vauban is such a pain and paying 300 platinum isn't worth it, I figured I'd just go for the better; Vauban Prime. Now I know Vauban's backstory is Corpus centered so I thought it would be appropriate that he use Corpus weapons. That being said, I was thinking Convectrix, Angstrum, and Fragor (later Fragor Prime). But I have no in-game experience with Vauban so I'd like your opinion of a good Corpus weapon loadout. Also, it would be a great help to know how to best build Vauban so he can be balanced between survivability and utility; any tips and tricks would also be appreciated.

On a side note, if anyone is planning on selling Vauban Prime when he drops Tuesday, hopefully, I'll be in the market to buy/trade for him :)

Thanks for your help!

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

He's not dropping Tuesday.

A new Prime Access is released seven days after the previous Prime Access ends.

Booben Prime will be here on the 17th.

Hey, that's Norway's national day of independence! Norway stronk!

to be frank there are 2 type of vauban built

one built is for

vortex 4th skill

max range and duration and efficiency

gfor bastille built

normal stretch a bit power max duration streamline

is not meant to kill it meant to disable,

the 1st and 2nd skill is useless imo

1st skill damage too low and 2nd is useless since got bullet jump.

i am using vortex built

being lazy,

drop a vortex, count to 3

use tonkor and blast em sky high

OR

use prisma cleaver with berserker crit built. Is very satisfying to dice em up xd

xd

Edited by rudman88
missing 1 line

I'm a huge not-fan of Convectrix.  I'd much rather go with a Lanka built for gas and electric (bonus, it's great for Saryn too).  Great for Vortex'd balls of enemies.  Secondary - I could never get used to Angstrum, and ended up giving it up for the Kulstar, but I admire that choice - if it works for you, it'd be a great companion to Lanka.  Sonicor and Staticor would definitely be great alternatives if you find yourself taking one too many Angstrum induced naps.  Melee, I'd go with *wince* Prova thematically, but it's just... so... bad.  Serro on the other hand is a respectable weapon and is still Corpus tech, maybe try that?

This build has gotten through nightmare LoR with ease in a 5 man team (with a Mirage who might have been a bit sleepy >.>).  Also works quite well for farming Zeugma or Hieracon.  Would obviously be improved with forma, and with a good Trinity stapled to it, would definitely work better swapping out some efficiency for strength and range, and, in a best case scenario, also getting rid of Repelling.  Something like this, for example.  In other words - first build for pub matches, second build for reliable teammates.

Just now, Gameverseman said:

Hey Everyone,

So I'm assuming by now most, if not everyone, has heard about the next prime frame: Vauban. After looking into Vauban, and subsequently Vauban Prime, I thought it would be a good idea to have him. But given that farming basic Vauban is such a pain and paying 300 platinum isn't worth it, I figured I'd just go for the better; Vauban Prime. Now I know Vauban's backstory is Corpus centered so I thought it would be appropriate that he use Corpus weapons. That being said, I was thinking Convectrix, Angstrum, and Fragor (later Fragor Prime). But I have no in-game experience with Vauban so I'd like your opinion of a good Corpus weapon loadout. Also, it would be a great help to know how to best build Vauban so he can be balanced between survivability and utility; any tips and tricks would also be appreciated.

On a side note, if anyone is planning on selling Vauban Prime when he drops Tuesday, hopefully, I'll be in the market to buy/trade for him :)

Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Good to know, thanks. Still wouldn't hurt to have a build and loadout in advance :)

Edited by Gameverseman

22 minutes ago, Gameverseman said:

Corpus weapon loadout

Some Corpus weapons I had fun with:

Amprex / Lanka / Opticor / Quanta Vandal / Secura Penta ... hah, Penta is just the best
and not least a perfect fit for blowing the victims of a Vortex (or Bastille'd doorway) to kingdom come :D

Angstrum / Secura Dual Cestra / Sonicor / Staticor ... really, Staticor is just such a beast,
it's hard to recommend anthing over it (also, charging times are no prob with Vauban-level CC, heh).

Lecta / Prova Vandal / Serro ... yay pure elemental status fun, never really gave Fragor a try but a more crit-y Jat Kittag
(without the blast off bonus, alas) could be good I guess, might as well just wait for Fragor Prime, though.

41 minutes ago, Gameverseman said:

build Vauban so he can be balanced between survivability and utility

Eh, for Vauban, utility means survivability, if you can keep the world Bastille'd nothing's gonna hurt ya, heh.

FWIW, here's my current general-use Vauban:

Energy Syphon, Enemy Sense
Stretch, Overextended
Primed Continuity, R7 Narrow Minded
Streamline, R3 Fleeting Expertise
Intensify, Vitality

I prefer to stack Bastilles to hold enemies rather than rely on the sometimes-iffy Repelling Augment,
dunno if this is "the best" or anything but I get 187 in both Range & Duration, that's good enough for me :P