Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Duplicate Market Frames?

Katanakid13

Question

I was gifted an Ivara by a friend (and I love her), but I'm debating getting the Huntress Bundle. I'm new-ish, quit for a while, came back for Nezha and was gifted Ivy. I upgraded to the Paris a few days ago and I found myself trying to be more sniper support than Robin Hood. Playing solo, I love Paris Prowling, but in squads, I found myself trying to get above the fight and snipe down, which felt weird with the bow. I like the Rubico and Lacera,  and I drained my credits fusing mods for the frame, so the bundle sounds good.

Basically, if I buy the Huntress Bundle, is the frame bound? Could I sell it or trade it to a friend? (Side note, I'm Rank 2. Is there a better/highly recommended sniper at this rank?) 

9 answers to this question

If you need credits, go to Tikal, Earth. It's Dark Sector Excavation. Do a single excavator, then leave.

~12k per run, repeat until satisfied.

As for the Huntress bundle, I'd recommend going for only the Rubico, but separately.

Rubico - 225

Talons - 175

Lacera - 175

Setting aside cosmetics, 575 plat vs. 835 for the bundle.

Some things to keep in mind: First, both the Lacera and Talons won't be all that useful to you for a while. Second, the Rubico is a CRIT weapon. You'll need a maxed Point Strike and Vital Sense to really take advantage of it. If you don't have those yet, you won't be using this weapon to it's full potential at first. Third, the Rubico available as a blueprint in the market, but you need 2 argon crystal (drops in Void).

With all that in mind, you actually might be better off going for the normal Vectis first. It doesn't take much for it to start doing well, and the build requirements aren't too steep if you go for the blueprint instead of paying plat.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Honestly, there is nothing that would require you having a high-powered rifle until like Saturn or Jupiter, and the "need" is even pretty questionable then. More of a "for your own convenience".

To actually add to the conversation, the Vectis is a bit better IMO. Just the damage and functionality appeal more than the Rubico's. Vectis has much more varied damage, while the Rubico is focused on impact damage with little damage in other types, making it less effective against Grineer and much less effective against Infested (though I don't understand why you'd take sniper against Infested to begin with). 

In short, I don't think you should buy the bundle. It would be a drain of plat, costing way more than it's worth, especially considering you already own the frame.

Other advice would be:

- Join a clan with the research all done and buy the Lacera BP, then farm/trade for the required materials. IMO their weapon type isn't all that fun, but a ton of people love it, so YMMV. 

- Test the waters. You may find you play well with a shotgun and Prowl-based Ivara, which is really powerful BTW. 

- Rank up. It unlocks a lot more weapons for you to use. Stealth with ANY heavy-damage weapon is scary strong, and ranking up is the best way to ensure you can trade for or build strong weapons. 

5 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Stealth with ANY heavy-damage weapon is scary strong, and ranking up is the best way to ensure you can trade for or build strong weapons. 

This is so true.  Especially in regards to Ivara's Prowl.  So much so that I don't mind having Hush mod equipped.  

I bought Ivara and then also bought the bundle.  So I have two Ivaras.  This was somewhat convenient in getting mastery ranks.  I also have the option to have the second Ivara setup completely different than my first one.  This is more a personal decision that I made and not something that you have to do. :D

41 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

You could max out 100 and only the first would count. Just thought I'd let you know.

I had wondered about that, but wasn't exactly sure.  I couldn't remember if my MR gauge had changed or not as I was doing quite a bit of item leveling during that time.