Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy caliber and vectis prime?

ultra_KING

Question

I'm working on making a good vectis prime build right now and initially I wasn't going to put heavy caliber on it but after looking into it I saw people saying it doesn't effect the weapon because it has no spread. I did notice that when I put on heavy caliber the accuracy went down from 13.3 to 10.1 so I'm not sure what to think now. I haven't tested it out yet I decided to write this before I do. So is accuracy and spread two different things?

4 answers to this question

don't use Heavy Caliber on a Sniper Rifle.
period.

you'll regret it.

case and point:

s0B9qqH.png
Vy70Snl.png

don't use Heavy Caliber on a Sniper Rifle.
it's useless.
anyone saying otherwise... clearly Sniper Rifles aren't something they're good at. please use a different style Weapon, an Accuracy Weapon is definitely not for you.

I removed one for head shots. It says on the page that it doesn't affect accuracy but it's not hitting where it's supposed to at long distances. It worked better without HC for me.

1 hour ago, ultra_KING said:

when I put on heavy caliber the accuracy went down from 13.3 to 10.1

those numbers are pretty useless for comparisons.  Try putting Heavy Cal on a weapon with 100.0 accuracy, it goes down to like 23 when heavy cal only decreases at most 55%.  the maths tells us that 55% of 100 is 55, not 20 something.

Not to contradict what people are advising above, I don't use snipers much so as for the actual question I have no suggestions.  Only that I use heavy cal rank 8 on pretty much anything I can get away with doing so.  If you use it and feel your accuracy is off, that's the only real way to gauge whether you should use it or not.