Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combined Element build using Vicious Frost

zoobmer

Question

I'm making a status build for my melee weapon and want help on applying a combined element build. I already have the Vicious Frost mod, so I'm going to use that as part of the build. here is a list of things I want to ask:

• what damage type should I use? (blast, magnetic, or viral)
  • how should I go about getting the mod for the job?
  • how to make it most effective.
    • for example, where to find  Forma  blueprints to cut down on drain
    • what else (including mods) should I apply to my weapon and how can I find it?
  • for all answers related to farming, please give suggestions that involve quicker farming with lower level missions
  • if anyone wants to know what weapon I'm using, the answer is a Tipedo.
  • saying anything helpful to this topic is welcome, even if it wasn't one of the questions.

8 answers to this question

Blast > High Armor (Bombards, Gunners) and Ancients 

Viral > Halves health, good vs anything on the starchart and provided yur not gonna go for an hour long survival.

Magnetic > Suks. Not even a joke, since Toxin damage can just bypass the joke Health type that is shields, magnetic is just meh.

Forma > T1 - 2 usually are an abundance of Forma, T4 Intercept is known to troll players who are Ducat farming with Forma as well.

Tipedo is a crit weapon, go for Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker, (crit mods) and build for Elemental, IPS damage does not matter much on most weapons anyway. 

Viral is the best of those three. 

I wouldn't really worry about forma, honestly. Slap a potato on there and get a matching polarity stance, and you've got 70 points to play with—and most of the good mods are 9 points or less.

If you can, get a Body Count mod. Unfortunately, they don't drop anymore, so you'll have to trade for it.

Tipedo is a crit weapon, so try to get Berserker. Higher attack speed = more chances to proc. Plus increased DPS overall, obviously. I'd also recommend Life Strike, just on general principles. Being able to regen health at will is really, really nice.

As far as modding for status, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. One or two dual-stat mods (like your Vicious Frost) is plenty. Tipedo is a fast weapon, which means you don't need a high status chance to guarantee a quick proc—if you don't get a proc on the first hit, one of the next five hits you do over the next three seconds probably will. Build for DPS and crit, and the status chance will largely take care of itself.

1. if you wanna make melee with status build, consider you use the right melee with good status base like lacera/mios/lesion etc
  2. each combine have different effect for each enemies,
  • you can say blast is the weakest combine element in term of damage wise for many enemies. If someone wanna use blast on melee, most of them just wanna go get some fun with its ragdol effect like   use it   with jat kittag
  • magnetic side effect is depleted enemies shield, it's good against corpus with high shield
  • viral overall good with every enemies but not all, some of them have more ressistance against it
  • melee with element build mostly go Corosive+heat, i think it's the most effective against most enemies if you dont want to change mod everytime
  1. dont push your self to get dual status mod, no need to wait until you get them, you can use them the way they are without dual stat mod
  2. forma mostly reward from void (check reward table)
  3. use orokin catalyst (other say "blue potato") to double the mods capacity, dont forget to apply melee stance
  4. you can get more advantage by using naramon's focus build for melee (if you already do 2nd dream quest you must already know "focus" system)

5 hours ago, ZBanx said:

Okay, anyone know how I can get an orikin catalyst?

Every two weeks or so on Friday, there's a 24 hour alert that has either a catalyst or a reactor. They show up after Devstreams, so even if you don't watch those, check the forums to see when the next one is coming up (they usually post a "coming soon" thread the Tue or Wed before).

Edited by motorfirebox