Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels should be able to respawn after a certain amount of time

There is nothing more annoying than your sentinel getting destroyed while you're bleeding out as there is nothing you can do in most cases.They should respawn after a certain amount of time that scales up if they are destroyed frequently, and caps at 5 mins. Possibly as a mod or augment exclusive to sentinels.

That is all

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

Eh. Being able to revive your pet is the one thing kubrows have going for them. Kinda unfair to take that away, too.

That is why I said there is a set amount of time till they respawn. At max (probably 4 deaths?) you'd wait a whole five minutes once that HP drops to zero, compared to just reviving them whenever they go down. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

There is nothing more annoying than your sentinel getting destroyed while you're bleeding out as there is nothing you can do in most cases.They should respawn after a certain amount of time that scales up if they are destroyed frequently, and caps at 5 mins. Possibly as a mod or augment exclusive to sentinels.

That is all

There is a mod that lets your sentinel respawn once, instantly. And IIRC there's a recent update that affects enemies targeting your sentinel while you are bleeding out.  Personally use my sentinel completely for utility, I don't even equip an attack precept or weapon on it so it doesn't get targeted when I'm bleeding out. If I want a pet that attacks something I'll use my immortal indestructible 7 forma Sunika.

Also, when you use a revive your sentinel respawns. 

Edited by Gelkor

Just now, Data-Zero said:

How about no?

Kubro are already in disadvantage compared to Sentinels, this does not help at all.

So, the useful companions should be held back because some people wanna justify taking a dog into a warzone instead of an automated assault drone?

1 minute ago, Data-Zero said:

How about no?

Kubro are already in disadvantage compared to Sentinels, this does not help at all.

The purpose of my suggestion was not to disadvantage Kubrows, any type of buff or change to sentinels does not affect the effectiveness of a kubrow.

Just now, bowiespoon said:

So, the useful companions should be held back because some people wanna justify taking a dog into a warzone instead of an automated assault drone?

In reality, NOPE.

In Warframe, YES.

Just now, (PS4)official_79 said:

The purpose of my suggestion was not to disadvantage Kubrows, any type of buff or change to sentinels does not affect the effectiveness of a kubrow.

Actually it does.

Kubro only benefit as of now is that it can be revived. Sentinel with it would make Kubro even more useless as it is.

4 minutes ago, Data-Zero said:

In reality, NOPE.

In Warframe, YES.

Actually it does.

Kubro only benefit as of now is that it can be revived. Sentinel with it would make Kubro even more useless as it is.

Personally, I think kubrows are stupid and don't fit in with the rest of the game, but since they aren't going anywhere, DE may as well make them relevant.

Kubrows are useless because of their bad AI, weak mods, melee only, bigger target than sentinels, meh damage, AND they don't have seperate mod slots for damage mods.

If reviving is the only reason you own a kubrow, lose the kubrow and get a sentinel.

Edited by bowiespoon

1 minute ago, Data-Zero said:

Actually it does.

Again, the respawn I proposed would scale up. At probably around 4 deaths, it would hit its cap of 5 minutes. Kubrows on the other hand could simply be revived when they go down with revival almost being a guarentee since they are always close to their master.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

Personally, I think kubrows are stupid and don't fit in with the rest of the game, but since they aren't going anywhere, DE may as well make them relevant.

Kubrows are useless because of their bad AI, weak mods, melee only, bigger target than sentinels, meh damage, AND they don't have seperate mod slots for damage mods.

If reviving is the only reason you own a kubrow, lose the kubrow and get a sentinel.

I don't use them because of the upkeep. With stats that degrade if they are active I prefer to just keep them in stasis. 

But hey, to each their own.

1 minute ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Well Kubrows can work well with Melee Frames, when you rock the Pack Leader mod.

Inaros and its Health pool is another fine frame that can really make Kubrows tanky

Tanky would be an understatement xD, downright immortal if you know what you're doing

1 minute ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Again, the respawn I proposed would scale up. At probably around 4 deaths, it would hit its cap of 5 minutes. Kubrows on the other hand could simply be revived when they go down with revival almost being a guarentee since they are always close to their master.

Depends on the Warframe that the Kubro gets his stats from.

2 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Kubrows are useless because of their bad AI, weak mods, melee only, bigger target than sentinels, meh damage, AND they don't have seperate mod slots for damage mods,

They have place in game, but their impact is either lackluster, or fit certain niche.

on one hand it would be nice, since it's really annoying when you Helios gets instakilled before you come across something you need scans on, but on the other hand I'd say no because sentinels are already more favourable than Kubrows at it is, and many regard that Medi-Ray mod that came with Rathuum as the final nail in the Kubrows coffin, certainly at least until DE finally get around to tweaking their AI and introducing Kavats.

I don't normally want to get involved with the Kubrow vs Sentinel debate, but Kubrows are greatly underpowered compared to sentinels no matter how you look at it.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

Yes we do, but they certaintly dont replace predator drones......

Sure. They perform different roles, though. Drones are tools, dogs are companions and teammates. So it makes sense that when your drone goes down, you shrug and continue mission, and requisition a replacement when you get back to base. But if your dog gets wounded, you stop and patch her up.

Just now, motorfirebox said:

Sure. They perform different roles, though. Drones are tools, dogs are companions and teammates. So it makes sense that when your drone goes down, you shrug and continue mission, and requisition a replacement when you get back to base. But if your dog gets wounded, you stop and patch her up.

Patch up my dog? The way I use them, there isnt much to patch up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog