Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I stoped playing for 2 years, need help with weapons.

kamimegurine

Question

Hi!

I used to play a lot of wtiarframe in the times of the clossed beta when rhino used to be inmortal for 20 secs LOL!, but I stoped playing when valkyr was released...

I love to do end game stuff, 1:20h+ surv, 100 waves at def, face enemies lv100+, and that stuff.

I used to have my end game weapons/mods but a lot changed since I stoped playing, and I would love to see your opinions about which weapons / mods are the best for this type of games.

I used to go with my ogris and my acrid but now they suck so hard lol!

Yes I have a lot of forma and potatoes to spend, and 500 plat (idk if that helps)
Oh! And also i have troubles with the archwing, where can I level it up ? its lv3 and I cant do any quest 'cause I die in archwing missions.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by kamimegurine

11 answers to this question

Here are the best weapons I know of.

Primary: Tonkor(Crit Grenade Launcher) , Vaykor Hek(High magazine/damage Shotgun), Sancti Tigris(Extreme damage Shotgun), Soma Prime(Crit Assault Rifle) , Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor(High damage Assault Rifle),  Paris Prime(Pierce Bow), Dread(Slash Bow) and Rakta Cernos(Impact Bow w/ High draw speed) 

Secondary: Telos Akbolto(High pierce damage and shoot speed), Vaykor Marelok(Very high impact hand rifle), Brakk(impact hand shotgun), Sonicor(Impact, very good CC), Lex Prime(Pierce hand sniper), and Dual Toxocyst (Relative good damage, passive on head shot, shoot speed and damage increase and unlimited ammo)

Melee: Nikana Prime(High slash damage crit and status nikana), Broken War(High slash damage sword), Lesion(High slash damage and status polearm, passive: on status proc swing speed increased by 30%), War(Very high impact damage with good status and crit great sword), Scindo Prime( High slash damage Axe), Redeemer(Good CC and damage), Destreza(Good crit and pierce damage rapier w/ guaranteed slash procs) , and Tekko(High slash damage and crit fists) 

I can't really say anything about arch-wing because I don't play it.

Hope this helps :P

Edited by DerkmeisterPrime

Tonkor. Make sure to get your hands on this.

It's a launcher in the market you can buy as a bp, it's kind of expensive to craft though.

You can get damage in the hundreds of thousands if you build it correctly, even more if you have the Shadow Debt mods. (Red Criticals are actually a game mechanic now, just so you know)

You don't even need that much in terms of mods to get it going. Base damage mods, multishot, the two crit mods (Excluding the Shadow Debt mods) and a elemental combo and you're good to go.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Welcome back tenno.

Maxed serration , Hornet strike are prety good for primary and secondary . After that you can combo Electricity and Toxic for corrosive dammage ( reduce armor ).You can also use split chamber and barrel diffusion ( multishot mods )

I dont see acrid often now a days. Usualy people use sonicor for aoe damage and ragdolling.( its one of the new meta popular sidearm)

As for primary if you still like the ogris you can still use it but mod it properly to deal optimal damage. We have a soma prime now btw.

If you like launcher you can also try the tonkor its a fun weapon.

For melee there is the new mods Body count and Bloodrush that will allow you to build a better melee counter ( will also last longer ) and with bloodrush build critical chance with the melee counter allowing you to red crit ( crit on a crit yeah that exist now ) on melee.

Yeah soo much as changed^.^ 

Tell me what kind of weapon do you use and ill be more able to help you.

For archwing start on lower rank planet interception with a group.

PS: keep your plat for slot ( warframe and weapons ) if you need any starter mod tell me before trying to buy it i can have a spare one for free ^.^ 

Enjoy your stay tenno!

Edited by trunks013
soo many things !

10 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

For melee there is the new mods Body count and Bloodrush that will allow you to build a better melee counter ( will also last longer ) and with bloodrush build critical chance with the melee counter allowing you to red crit ( crit on a crit yeah that exist now ) on melee.

I can assume he doesn't have the Shadow Debt mods, sence he's been gone for so long.

At least Blood Rush and be farmed now,  but I doubt that he's been to the moon. And he could probably buy Bod Count for 10p in trade chat.

Because red criticals are noice :3

38NhLPb.jpg

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Step one to reintegration:  Build new Warframes.   Warframes have been tweaked and rebalanced alot abilities have changed or been reworked, and if you've got a good supply of plat to work with first priority should be making room for the new frames you haven't even seen yet.  I can't tell you what to build specifically without knowing what you already have or your playstyles but it should be noted some of them are obtained from new quests so you only need to get slots and run through those quests. 

If you have a saryn be sure to re-examine her as she's been totally reworked and old mod setups won't work well on her anymore. 

Step 2:  Getting a gun- Depending on your mastery level your options may be limited but i doubt that'll be a problem for you if you played as much as you say. The primary weapon status quo is pretty stable, soma/soma p is still good though it's not the beast is used to be thanks to armor being pretty much everywhere these days unless you're setup specifically to run an anti-armor squad. 

Shotguns got some interesting things, Kohm is either loved or reviled for example due to it's unique firing mechanic

Launcher wise I'd recommend getting a Opticore first get a tonkor only if you like grenade launchers, alot of people get a tonkor just cause they're told it's oh so much damage but it's grenades are timed and if you can't put grenades where you need them you'll do very little good with it. So go opticore if you don't want to deal with a fussy projectile. It's a laser cannon, much like Halo's spartan laser. Mod it for firerate and healthy amounts of damage(punch through optional some like ground splashing some like direct firing) for best results.

If you like sniper rifles Lanka is the thing to get because you probably don't have primed chamber for a vectis.

If you like automatics:...well honestly not much has changed there, soma and grakata are basically MG's the Supra doesn't scale well enough for end game and the tetra is in the same boat despite better projectile speed. The prisma gorgon is gimicky but nice when it works regular gorgon still garbage.

Semi autos: Sybaris or bust. Pretty much the best semi-auto gun in the game right now is the sybaris which supplanted the Latron as the semi-auto king. Tiberon is a thing that exists but should not be confused with a worthwile investment despite it's base damage looking good it lacks the crit stats to match other semi auto's damage.Burston prime is also a pretty mean dps machine, but requires alot of modding and investment to make good.

As for secondaries......Sonicor, Atomos, Twin Grakatas because DE for some inexplicable reason allowed it. Or whatever gimmicky weapon you feel like using is fine, Staticor is a pretty fun sidearm but a bit awkward because of it's slow projectiles and Castana's can be used like garunteed stun mines/grenades...just don't stand in the blast radius.

Melee weapons: Galatine. Just get one.It's an easy to build and gloriously beautiful sword with tons of damage. Scindo Prime, Shinier more damaging Scindo, that's among the top damage melee weapons in the game. War and Jat kittag are also good considerations for heavy melee weapons. Oh and Nikana prime don't forget that either. As for lighter melees well I'm not much of a light melee guy so I can't be much help there alot of those are more dependant on their stance mods anyway which you won't have yet.

If you prefer stealth get a dagger and the covert lethality mod. Note:It cannot be dual daggers to use covert lethality. So a ceramic dagger or dark dagger with do. this setup doesn't require alot of work just stay out of sight and your stealth strikes will kill anything you can execute a finisher on.

Also I should mention the Shade sentinel was nerfed ages ago so no more being invisible forever and ever by playing intelligently. Now it's stealth breaks a lot more often and sometimes seemingly for no reason at all. Soooo be aware of that if you were using shade....like all of us were back when it first came out.

I'm certain I've probably overlooked some stuff or important changes but you'll figure it out.  Oh and some warframes Now have abilities that scale off mods....like excalibur's sword and Atlas' face punch. So if you use either of those and find yourself wondering why they aren't wrecking face like other people it's probably your mod setup.

People have already said before me, I don't have much to add but I'll try to help anyway:

Primery:

Tonkor (crit grenade luancher), Boltor Prime / Telos Boltor (high damage piercing assult rifles), Soma Prime (crit assult rifle), Dread (slash high crit bow), Paris Prime (high crit piercing bow), Rakta Cernos (crit impact bow with very fast drow and AOE viral proc effect), Vaykor Heck (crit piercing shotgun with AOE heat proc effect), Sancti Tigris (extremely high damage slash shotgun with AOE corrosive proc effect), Vectice Prime (crit piercing sniper rifle).
Primery mods: Serration and Split Chamber are must (Point Blank (Primed) and Hells Chamber for shotguns). Speed Trigger (Shotgun Spazz) for faster fire rate (recommanded on most weapons). Corrosive + heat damage (electricity+toxin+heat in this order), depends on the status chance: if you have 20% or more so put the 60%+status chance mods, if not, put the 90% mods. If it have high crit chance: Pointed Strike and Vital Sense are top priority, Bladed Rounds next and Argon Scope if you have good aim for headshots. Blunderbus and Ravage (Primed) for crit shotguns.

Secondery:

Sonicor (ok damage, high crowd control), Staticor (damage is scaling with charge, good status and crowd control), Telos Akbolto (fast piercing dual pistols and AOE toxin proc effect), Vaykor Marelok (simply good and have an AOE heat proc effect), Spira Prime (high damage piercing throwing knives), Lex Prime (very accurate and high damaging crit pistol).
Secondery mods: Hornet Strike, Leathal Torrent and Barrel Defusion are must. Gunslinger for fire rate (recommanded on most weapons). Corrosive + heat damage (as said before). Crit weapons: Pistol Gambit (Primed) and Target Cracker (Primed) are must. I don't remember the name of the secondery equivilant of Argon Scope, but it can be good on some weapons and if you have good aim.

Melee:

War (most damaging melee weapon in the game, impact, high crit chance and status chance. Great sword), Broken War (basicly War but less damaging and mostly slash rather than impact. Sword), Scindo Prime (high slash damage, crit chance. War axe), Jat Kittag (basicly Scindo Prime, but impact instead of slash and a better crowd control with slam attacks. Hammer), Dual Kama Prime (high slash damage, fast, good crit. Dual swords), Lesion (status base slash polearm with a unique passive effect that give more attack speed with every status proc), Mios (extremely long range, slash damage, high crit chance and high status chance. Sword and wipe), Ack and Brunt (slash damaging sword and shield, high crit and status chance). Sebear (high cold damage, but shine when modded for crit and it's slam attacks. Hammer).
Melee mods: Pressure Point is must. Fury for attack speed. Corrisive + Heat. For crit weapons: Berserker instead of Fury, Blood Rush and Body Count for red crits, Organ Shutter for crit damage. In case you don't have Blood Rush and Body Count (I think you don't if you didn't play for two years), put True Steel. Recommand maxing Blood Rush.

Elemental Damage:

Corrosive damage is good for most enemies (all exept corpus), heat is extra and you get a good elemental combo. If you want to get the optimal damage for each faction (put in the order):
Grineer: Radiation + Toxin (electricity + heat + toxin).
Corpus: Magnetic + Toxin (electricity + cold + toxin).
Infested / Void: Corrosive + Heat (electricity + toxin + heat).
In case you don't have the space for these combos, remove the last mod. If you still don't have, I recommand toxin.

Archwing:
For low levels: do Earth or Mars to rank up.
When you feel confident, Uranus is the best place to rank up.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Secondary not mentioned ... rataka ballisica which restores power in a pinch.

Melee.. I like sydon, which has a good flow for killing many enemy and is my go-to grineer killer.  Its not the best on paper but you can't beat a weapon that flows thru waves with a good rhythm.  

don't forget to focus farm too.  Endgame, youll want a good build of focus.

Also tons of new frames, many quite powerful.  Weapons... meh, in the right hands there are dozens that are fine for endgame.  A few stand out as better, mostly listed already, but don't let that hold you back if you like something else.   I don't use most of the ones listed and do fine in endgame runs. 

Wow, thanks a lot guys! It really helps a lot, I've just finished my tonkor with 5 forma and it is like my old ogris, oh i miss the days when you could run ogris + trinity, use blessing and link and just shoot yourself to kill enemies lol!

As soon as you said lex prime I rush to farm it, and it is nice to see the OG OP secondary weapon is ready for more action (lex used to be the best secondary when there was like 15-25 secondary weapons)

The soma prime is really nice, I used to love my soma.

But another question... does the ignis can be a good weapon? I love it, and I have it with 6 forma.

Why I can't zoren copter anymore?  do I need a mod for that ? Idk if you know what zoren copter is... but idk what's the correct name.

And what's the deal with sindicate weapons/mods? can I buy them from another player? or i have to rank up the sindicate stance?

same for "primed" mods? where do they drop? I've just read the wiki but didn't understand anything other than they are better mods.
Thanks a lot! the thing that bring me back is the community, warframe has the best community in all MMO games! Its nice to see that it didn't change at all!!!

Edited by kamimegurine

10 hours ago, kamimegurine said:

But another question... does the ignis can be a good weapon? I love it, and I have it with 6 forma.

Why I can't zoren copter anymore?  do I need a mod for that ? Idk if you know what zoren copter is... but idk what's the correct name.

And what's the deal with sindicate weapons/mods? can I buy them from another player? or i have to rank up the sindicate stance?

same for "primed" mods? where do they drop? I've just read the wiki but didn't understand anything other than they are better mods.
Thanks a lot! the thing that bring me back is the community, warframe has the best community in all MMO games! Its nice to see that it didn't change at all!!!

Ah Ignis...I love ignis I really do....it even got buffed at one point............but it's still bad. Mostly anyway. Ember is abouit the only frame that'll ever use one because of her skill changes Accelerant+full fire build ignis=fun times. Especially with a corrosive projection setup. Otherwise it's pretty mediocre at high levels good at mopping up trash enemies or anything mid-low levels. Don't expect it to burn down the world in high level play.

Coptering was....'removed' as it was technically a glitch. We have a bunch of other mobility options now which should've been explained when you returned(I believe the game forces you to redo the tutorial) but basically bullet jump is the new mobility thing to abuse. learn it love it.

Syndicates are a new thing you CAN trade for them but only unranked completely unused/unforma'd versions can be traded. generally you'll want to pick a couple of syndicates to rank up and trade for stuff from the others, it IS possible to rank up in all the syndicates but really tedious to level all of them, 4 is the most you can reasonably do without too much extra work managing loyalty points.

Primed mods aren't drops they appear from the void trader every couple of weeks at one of the relay stations. Baro ki teer is a npc you need to talk to to check out his inventory on the relay. But he doesn't take normal money instead you have to trade in unwanted prime parts farmed from void missions to get ducats to buy his goods.