Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

~LBK's Guide To Platinum~

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Question

'Ello, fellow Tenno!

If you're like me, then you know that Platinum is a necessary necessity. Sustenance. A chemical with an atomic number of 78.

We want lots of it, and that's normal for a Tenno, because who doesn't love a pile of plat?

Lucky for you, I, LeBlingKing of the PlayStation Network, has created a guide for how to make lots and lots of platinum without using actual money.

First things first, YOU ALWAYS USE YOUR FIRST 50 FOR SLOTS. AND YOU CAN'T TRADE YOUR FIRST 50. Now with that out of the way, let's get started!

VOID RUNS

Spoiler

Void. Lots and lots of Void. All towers provide their own special rewards, and they can be sold in the two most popular ways:

• WTB random prime junk 1-2p each OR
  • WTB [insert prime weapon name here] set 

It's not only easier to sell sets of parts of a prime weapon or Warframe, but it sells for much more. 

What missions should I go on?

If you had a chart of the fastest Void missions to the slowest, you'd end up with something like this:

Capture, Exterminate, No-cache Sabotage, Mobile Defense, Cache Sabotage, Interception, Defense, Survival

How do I get Void keys in the first place?

You can get more Keys for rewards in Spy, Interception, Survival, Defense, and Excavation missions. The higher the mission level, the better chance of, say, a Tower 4 key as opposed to a Tower 2.

AURA MODS

Spoiler

PhysiqueModU145InfestedImpedanceModU145RejuvenationModU145EnergySiphonModU145EnemyRadarModU145ShieldDisruptionNewCorrosiveProjectionModU145RifleScavengerModU145SniperScavengerModU145SprintBoostModU145DeadEyeModU145

RifleAmpModU145SteelChargeModU145

These are all the aura mods. Aura mods are easy to sell, because Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, and Steel Charge are arguably among the best. Aura mods can only be naturally obtained through Alerts, so unlocking all nodes on all planets makes your chances of getting these significantly higher. (Also, you don't need a taxi :3)

VAULT MODS

Spoiler

Vault. Lots and lots of Vault. They can be found in Orokin Derelict missions, which are like the Void, but much more Infested.

How do you get to the Derelict?

You can buy blueprints for Keys in the Market (Equipment>Keys and Drones). Most of them require a minute of your time, and will create a new tileset in your Navigation.

How do I get to the Vaults?

You find it.

Getting inside is a different matter.

You buy blueprints for Dragon Keys needed to unlock the door. Carrying them with you debuffs your Warframe depending on the key.

Bleeding:  -75% less health.
Decaying: -75% less shield.
Extinguished: -75% less damage.
Hobbled: 50% less speed.

Since there are 4 keys, the door only requires one, making the action of bringing only one a gamble. You could bring all four, but that's suicide.

What are Corrupted Mods?

Corrupted Mods are dual-stat, benefiting one aspect, sacrificing the next.

Good Corrupted Mods usually sell for about 10-25p. Good mods include:

vault-corrputed-TransientFortitude.pngvault-corrputed-Overextended.pngvault-corrputed-NarrowMinded.pngvault-corrputed-HeavyCaliber.pngvault-corrputed-BlindRage.png

SYNDICATE ITEMS

Spoiler

You can join a Syndicate at Mastery Rank 3. Syndicates require sacrifices, but they offer weapon augment mods, Warframe augment mods, and even their own weapons. Playing Warframe regularly with a sigil will gain reputation for that syndicate. Get enough and you can promote yourself for a sacrifice and some credits.

Syndicates-website.jpg?itok=sDA70CYu

Mods sell for about 15p. Secondaries sell for 30-45p. Primaries, 50-75p.

EVENT MODS

Spoiler

Tactical Alerts, Events, and Operations usually yield great mods upon completing its objective. Farming these mods can result in a lot of plat. Prices usually vary, from 40p for a set, to 1000p for a single. 

640?cb=20160211235037

Don't sell while the event is active. People can still obtain the mods themselves then. Waiting days or even weeks after the alert will increase the value.

PRIME VAULT

Spoiler

Paying attention to news about the Origin System will yield amazing finds. When new Primes are released, old Primes will go back into the Vault and parts will no longer be able to be obtained from the Void. 

Selling Warframe/weapon prime parts after it gets Vaulted will increase its value DRAMATICALLY.

Hope this helps. Give me feedback, and remember, PATIENCE IS KEY. Warframe is NOT p2w. Bye!~

5 answers to this question

It is now the future, and you are now reading this in the "Players Helping Players" section of the forums.

Hello, from the future.

Some decent info here, but most of it should be common knowledge for people who've spent more than a few hundred hours on Warframe.

14 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

It is now the future, and you are now reading this in the "Players Helping Players" section of the forums.

Hello, from the future.

Some decent info here, but most of it should be common knowledge for people who've spent more than a few hundred hours on Warframe.

seems as if though I'm in the past with you dear Tenno. 

16 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Hello, from the future.

I know, but it's mainly for new people or people who really wanna make plat and don't know how.

16 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

You forgot to add that you can obtain platinum by grinding in real life in exchange for dosh. Dosh is then tradeable to DE in exchange for many platinum.

Haha, buying platinum is fine, too.