Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can we talk about how 'Convergence' screwed over Spy missions as a source of Focus?

Chroia

Between spawning under active enemies - potentially ruining stealth, as well as inherently deducting your travel time from its already limited duration (I can clear most vaults in 45 seconds. 45 seconds minus back-and-forth travel time, not so much.)...

and all this presupposing that you actually have Convergence active to being with. I can't being to count the number of times Convergence will pop up literally within a second of my completing the bonus objective, or popping Maim, or completing a vault, or etc.

Perhaps make one spawn at the vault entrance when you hack the first terminal?

Edited by Chroia
Typo

Slap in a lens, play the game, get focus. I quit worrying about the "how" a long time ago. Madness lies in that direction.

However, the convergence mechanic is awkward in the extreme and I find myself ignoring it about 75% of the time, since it's simply more trouble then it's worth. Not a good sign. If an orb happens to pop up nearby, I'll usually grab it. If I don't see it within a few seconds, I just drive on with what I'm doing. There'll be another one and I probably won't care about that one either.

So, yeah, I'd say convergence isn't really accomplishing what it was meant to do. It doesn't really boost focus gain enough to make it worth seeking out--which is bad tactics on top of its ineffectualness in achieving increased focus gain.